Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 07:51 AM CDT
There were a couple of threads this week with a few empaths complaining about afk bots stealing all of their experience. Here's your real problem, all of the lich army use the exact same afk script (they even posted the afk script description on Elanthipedia, brilliant). It's downloaded from their lich repository so they all run it. Additionally, most of them have so little concept of what their program does that they don't set the heal levels and they end up camping Dokt with long lines multiple times a day for slight scratches. You can also identify the lich script by the exact same question being asked when they enter hunting rooms.

PS they have gear bots to hand out items in their afk room up the tree. If you're ever confused about where the bots are located for your needs, just ask about the bot in lnet.

[09:41] [DRPrime]-DR:Ashalf: Lichbot is up and running in room 1645! Whisper me 'help' for more details.+

Thankfully for the Shard population, their empath bot in Shard is more intuitive and makes sure they don't get hung up there.

[20:09] Ardeen whispers, "Greetings, I often come here to help Quentin heal weary travelers."
[20:09] Ardeen whispers, "May I have your blessing to heal you, now and in the future, whenever I'm able?"
[20:09] You say, "Sure why nots."
[20:10] Ardeen quietly says, "Perfect, thank you."

This has become a standard conversation on lnet at least once a day, many days it happens multiple times a day.

[07:19] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Hmm Dokt is broken
[07:20] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Veyo you around?
[07:29] [DRPrime]-DR:Elizabella: How is it possible that Dokt can't heal Veyo here? I can't either due to his avoid touch... but Dokt?
[07:30] [DRPrime]-DR:Toridahn: Is he diseased? Dokt can't handle that if so
[07:30] [DRPrime]-DR:Elizabella: No disease. Scuff on his arm and Dokt ignores him
[07:30] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: No disease, just a single scratch
[07:31] [DRPrime]-DR:Elizabella: We have no way to move Veyo either that I know of
[07:33] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: If Veyo wasn't a licher I would think this was a bug being intentionally exploited because I heal him in here all the time. Now all of a sudden he has all avoids on.
[07:33] [DRPrime]-DR:Zlato: i wonder if somebody dragged him out once and he didn't want that to happen again
[07:33] [DRPrime]-DR:Toridahn: If that was the case, don't know why he'd avoid touch
[07:34] [DRPrime]-DR:Zlato: yeah that doesn't make much sense
[07:35] [DRPrime]-DR:Elizabella: safe to assume that avoid touch works against salves and such also?
[07:38] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: think you need someone's given consent to help them to apply herbs unless the person is unconscious
[07:38] [DRPrime]-DR:Ninejanjin: naughty Veyo
[07:39] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: yeah if you dont consent <person> they can't give you any herbs or whatnot
[07:40] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: the consent lasts forever if you dont remove it so once you consent friends you hunt with they will always be able to help you
[07:40] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: once you are unconscious or dying, it's too late lol
[07:42] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: I think you can rub stuff on but can you feed herbs if someone is passed out?
[07:42] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: actually, not sure about that, the folks I give herbs I am consented anyway
[07:45] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Hmm, does shockwave still blow people from the room? If so, is it considered an offensive spell?
[07:45] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: it can, and yeah it's offensive
[07:46] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Ahh okay, damn
[07:46] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: It only affects the target though as far as I know
[07:46] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: not everyone in the room
[07:46] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Yea this room is warded though
[07:46] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Anything that can do that that is non-offensive?
[07:46] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: I guess you could cast area and it would pick up to 6 unlucky people lol
[07:47] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Tried Compel but even that is offensive
[07:47] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: what are you wanting to do exactly?
[07:47] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: remove someone from a room?
[07:47] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Get Veyo out of Dokt's room
[07:48] [DRPrime]-DR:Majorly: I'm mean enough to suggest Concussion Trap.
[07:48] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: not gonna be able to do it in a way that doesn't give consent
[07:48] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: I guess drag avoid is on?
[07:48] [DRPrime]-DR:Saulthor: yeah avoid all is on
[07:48] [DRPrime]-DR:Saulthor: I can't even touch him to heal him
[07:48] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: is he infected and hogging the Dokt?
[07:49] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Don't care about consent. He broke Dokt so anyone coming in that waits their turn will never get healed and move on
[07:49] [DRPrime]-DR:Saulthor: no he's just here avoiding all
[07:49] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: no infection
[07:49] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: oh, he is avoiding the doctor and locking it up?
[07:49] [DRPrime]-DR:Elizabella: no infection. Dokt bugged on him. We think we know how thought and it was probably unintentional.
[07:50] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: tell him to wake up, and if he stays afk and messing it up, I would stab him
[07:50] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: maybe a wound will fix it
[07:50] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: No violence here, lol
[07:50] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: oh crap, then I dont know what to tell you
[07:51] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Majorly's idea may work
[07:51] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: what idea is that?
[07:51] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: area box trap
[07:51] [DRPrime]-DR:Majorly: Concussion Trap. I made that so it has a chance to blow people out of the room... and Dokt's ha an exit to the east
[07:52] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: oh, a vykathi reaper trap might work
[07:52] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: set them free, then hide so they go after him
[07:52] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: I had one too, but I disarmed it earlier
[07:54] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: concussion trap might shred you and him both, hope you have an empath handy
[07:54] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: heh there are 3 of us here
[07:54] [DRPrime]-DR:Majorly: Concussion gave head wounds... or use to at least.
[07:54] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: you talking about the wad of clay and the tube trap?
[07:55] [DRPrime]-DR:Majorly: Brown clay yes.
[07:55] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: that trap can kill
[07:55] [DRPrime]-DR:Majorly: If powerful enough yes
[07:55] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: it's torn me from top to bottom before lol
[07:55] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: DO IT
[07:56] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: wear armor
[07:57] [DRPrime]-DR:Saulthor: my picking sucks I'll blow it up, I've got favors
[07:58] [DRPrime]-DR:Elizabella: Watch you not be able to pick there either.
[07:58] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: damn, wouldn't that suck
[07:58] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: nah you can pick here
[07:58] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: get a cleric to drain his spirit
[07:59] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: if worse comes to worse
[08:08] [DRPrime]-DR:Taimika: anyone care to lock my empathy this morning?
[08:10] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: 11 people stuck at Dokt now, including Veyo
[08:11] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: the concussion trap didn't work?
[08:11] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Need to find a box. You have one?
[08:11] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: no, I had a vykathi but I disarmed it earlier
[08:12] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: haven't run across a concussion last day or two
[08:12] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Yea I have someone looking for one, but no luck
[08:12] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: more folks show up, the chances of getting him get lower
[08:13] [DRPrime]-DR:Saulthor: someone will likely just have to assist him out. anyone have time to do so?
[08:13] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: Taimika, go to Dokt's in knife clan, all those folks waiting you could heal them
[08:13] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Heh, they are all healed
[08:14] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: oh, nevermind
[08:14] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: although Taim could camp it, and get new patients as they come in
[08:14] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: true
[08:15] [DRPrime]-DR:Saulthor: you can but they still don't move on until Dokt gives them the ok
[08:15] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: well, they are stuck anyway lol
[08:15] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: and if they dont at least check on their character it's their own damn fault
[08:16] [DRPrime]-DR:Saulthor: what part is it that sends you to Dokts and is there a way to just skip that? It might be better to set up a safe room with real empaths anyway and avoid this hassle and then it gives us the exp and no cost
[08:17] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: problem with doing an assist, you may get the whole room busted for afk scripting
[08:17] [DRPrime]-DR:Nezarra: Aw nuts.
[08:18] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: although them just laying there waiting on healing - prolly not punishable
[08:18] [DRPrime]-DR:Nezarra: Oh well, my fun time is over.
[08:18] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: what happened?
[08:18] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Ye until Veyo gets "fixed" and everyone suddenly starts moving around
[08:20] [DRPrime]-DR:Zlato: "I wonder what would happen if someone just said out loud the "you look fine to me" trigger line in that room"
[08:20] [DRPrime]-DR:Zlato: I know he has a couple, like shoosh on out of here
[08:20] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: can't talk in here
[08:20] [DRPrime]-DR:Zlato: oh right....whisper?
[08:20] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: damn, talk about a restrictive environment!
[08:20] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: smells like tyranny
[08:23] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: "You whisper to Veyo, "Dokt gives you a quick glance, Look fine to me, out with you now.""
[08:23] [DRPrime]-DR:Zlato: woooo my idea worked!
[08:23] [DRPrime]-DR:Dryk: haha that got rid of him?
[08:23] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: that worked?
[08:23] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: great thinking Zlato
[08:24] [DRPrime]-DR:Zlato: Thank you. Glad we got it cleared up, thanks for executing Ethun!
[08:24] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: Of course. Glad it worked. Dokt is clear now
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 08:26 AM CDT

Because this is, and has been, the stupidest slapfight between DR players to date, I'll point out that the people complained about in the Crossing Empaths guild are not lich users, that healbots have been a thing since before lich, and I'll further challenge you to go ahead and set up a Lich healbot right now. I'd bet dollars to donuts that you don't actually know how to do so, and doing so is not as straight forward as download 'Healbot.lic'.

>most of them have so little concept of what their program does that they don't set the heal levels and they end up camping Dokt with long lines multiple times a day for slight scratches

This was addressed about 8 months ago, and people no longer jump line. Anyone doing this is either A ) not running Lich, or B ) deliberately running bad scripts. Can't do anything about either really.

>You can also identify the lich script by the exact same question being asked when they enter hunting rooms

Similarly, you can identify the Geniehunter user by the way they autoretreat and leave the area as soon as you say anything.

>PS they have gear bots to hand out items in their afk room up the tree. If you're ever confused about where the bots are located for your needs, just ask about the bot in lnet.

I've heard that players are using F2P accounts for mules.

This is boring, and childish, and at this point is really just fueled by the smear campaign of a few players who have nothing better to do than troll the Discord for lulz.
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 08:37 AM CDT
This community is too small for the amount of us-vs-them infighting it contains.
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 08:38 AM CDT

You are wrong! This is your perception.

I never use Dokt, and there are tons of lichers who don't bother with it. Not every licher is a bot contrary to your opinion. Some lich folks just use it for chat only. I see you are a licher; you certainly have access to lich chat - does this make you a bot? I would point out that plenty of non-lichers are complete zombies. AFK scripting is certainly not confined to lich, so your generalization falls flat.

I have no clue where these "gear bots" are, and I don't remember anyone ever asking "about THE bot" in lnet.

I almost always use a real empath to get heals, and I tip generously. Empaths complaining about AFK activity - that is rich. Just go to the Xing guild and see how many healers sitting around braiding or whatnot will even respond to you. Oh that's right, they just choose to be nonresponsive because it's their guild - empaths NEVER script afk - riiiight. There are a few industrious empaths who actually seek people to heal instead of sitting on their ass waiting for someone to come to the empath guild (where half the time no one even responds to requests for heals).

I like how you highlighted lines that support your point and ignore lines like:
[08:15] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: and if they dont at least check on their character it's their own damn fault.
Or, the body of text before and after with a bunch of active people helping each other out and trying to stop a griefer picking on newbies in the shipyard.
Way to cherrypick so you can whine about lich.

Lich chat is busy nonstop, Discord is generally slow. Lich folks are 50% of the DR population now. I guess if we go away you will be happy because we are the problem? The generalization that all lichers do exactly the same thing, and run THE BOT is laughable. You are the one who has no clue how stuff works. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. Lichers are always helping each other out with questions, newbie support, giving away gear to get people started, supporting DR's rank in the MUD rankings, etc. And we don't constrain our help to just lichers, most of us will help out anyone especially if they are new. We are a major force in keeping DR viable so be careful what you wish for.

Peace.
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 08:43 AM CDT
Are you really complaining that I edited out a bunch of guarded/closed players dogpiling an open?

If you want I can go back and put that in, no problem. I don't think you really want that though.

Peace.
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 08:45 AM CDT

> Lich chat is busy nonstop, Discord is generally slow.

As an aside, this is why I think there needs to be an OOC channel that you can opt-in to. One already exists, and it's segmenting an already small population.

Barring that, is it possible to access lich chat without using lich?
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 08:53 AM CDT

>Barring that, is it possible to access lich chat without using lich?

It's comments like this that underline how Lich has really just become the boogeyman of DR, and anytime something happens that people don't like they point to Lich as the culprit, despite not having a clue how any of it operates. To answer your question - 'using lich' is just having it installed. If you want to run lnet and chat with people, you can still use your SF or Genie or whatever scripts.

>Lich chat is busy nonstop, Discord is generally slow.

This is absolutely a discussion worth having, and it's a shame it was glossed over in the face of threatening to bring up the 'griefing' that was going on. Because PvP Stance baiting and the OOG/IG griefy habits of some are certainly issues that have been brought up in the past, and it's certainly related in part to why the Discord has become so slow. Spoiler Alert - communities fragment for a reason.
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 08:59 AM CDT
>>As an aside, this is why I think there needs to be an OOC channel that you can opt-in to. One already exists, and it's segmenting an already small population.

If people act like toolbags on an external channel, it's less Simu's problem when it comes to moderating it.

I'm all for having an OOC channel in Prime, but I also acknowledge that setting up more means to OOCly chat without anyone to babysit things "just in case" is bad community management.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 09:04 AM CDT
>>Perkinsc3: Empaths complaining about AFK activity - that is rich. Just go to the Xing guild and see how many healers sitting around braiding or whatnot will even respond to you. Oh that's right, they just choose to be nonresponsive because it's their guild - empaths NEVER script afk - riiiight. There are a few industrious empaths who actually seek people to heal instead of sitting on their ass waiting for someone to come to the empath guild (where half the time no one even responds to requests for heals).

ATK Empaths who want to use the Crossing guildhall complain that rampant (often AFK) scripting (by both non-Empaths and other Empaths) creates excessive scroll that makes it difficult to use the area for its intended purpose (and creates a bad first impression for new players who come looking for healing and interaction).

Additionally, there are sometimes bots (AFK or not) that automatically heal anyone who asks for healing, preventing other Empaths from getting any work.

I suggested that the Crossing guildhall be made less scripting-friendly in order to encourage these scripters to move to another room: http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Empaths/Suggestions%20-%20Empaths/view/1452

Lich was not mentioned in either thread, and the platform being used was not germane to the discussion.

"Empathy doesn't make people nice." --GM Armifer

Empath new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_new_player_guider

Empath hunting ladder: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_hunting_ladder
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 09:32 AM CDT

> It's comments like this that underline how Lich has really just become the boogeyman of DR

I don't know what you were inferring, but I wasn't one of the people complaining about lich. If that's where the conversations are then that's the channel I want to listen to. I use Genie by the way, so I didn't want to install another scripting engine on top of it.

> If you want to run lnet and chat with people, you can still use your SF or Genie or whatever scripts

I was looking for a lightweight way or secondary website to do just that without installing the full lnet suite. Does one exist, or do I need to just bite the bullet?
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 09:46 AM CDT

>I don't know what you were inferring, but I wasn't one of the people complaining about lich. If that's where the conversations are then that's the channel I want to listen to. I use Genie by the way, so I didn't want to install another scripting engine on top of it.

I was pointing out that a lot of people have no idea how Lich works or what scripts are available for it or how they behave. I was not suggesting that YOU specifically were complaining about Lich.

A number of people use Lich with Genie. For various reasons.

>I was looking for a lightweight way or secondary website to do just that without installing the full lnet suite. Does one exist, or do I need to just bite the bullet?

Bite the bullet.
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 10:55 AM CDT
So I play Veyo.

I don't have an elaborately scripted plan to exploit a bug, nor I have ever manually set Veyo to avoid anyone or anything. It also is not intended to cause issues for other people at Dokt's.

The issue is that somehow my demeanor is getting set to cold and Dokt won't heal me until that is changed. I have never knowingly changed these settings.

Apologies for any inconvenience it has caused.
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 05:32 PM CDT
People losing their minds over Lich might be my favorite thing in DR these days.
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 09:09 PM CDT
>People losing their minds over Lich might be my favorite thing in DR these days.<

No one is losing their minds over lich users. Lich is actually a great add on to already known front ends. The only reason I havent joined is because I constantly over the last year hear from lich users that they plan on going open and taking over dr and keeling everyone but I have yet to see eet. Only reason I havent tried out lich is because everyone in there is pretty much fake. Still waiting jump if you feel froggy.

" Its like when I'm right I'm right, when I'm wrong I could been right, so I'm still right cause I coulda been wrong, you know, and I'm sorry cause I could be wrong right now, I could be wrong, but if I'm right... "
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 09:59 PM CDT
>No one is losing their minds over lich users.
>OP's post.
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/10/2017 10:03 PM CDT
>No one is losing their minds over lich users.
>OP's post.

OK that makes sense yea they get all butt hurt when you mess up their script because eet takes em like 2 days to figure eet out.

" Its like when I'm right I'm right, when I'm wrong I could been right, so I'm still right cause I coulda been wrong, you know, and I'm sorry cause I could be wrong right now, I could be wrong, but if I'm right... "
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/14/2017 01:55 PM CDT
>If that's where the conversations are then that's the channel I want to listen to. I use Genie by the way, so I didn't want to install another scripting engine on top of it.

There was at one point (before Lich became Genie compatible) a Genie plugin that allowed you to join Lnet. I used it a bit before I quit playing and it worked pretty well. I don't know what's happened with it though.
Re: Empaths, Lich Army, and You 10/16/2017 06:48 PM CDT
>here was at one point (before Lich became Genie compatible) a Genie plugin that allowed you to join Lnet. I used it a bit before I quit playing and it worked pretty well. I don't know what's happened with it though.

It sucks. It stops working randomly. It could be 3 hours, or 3 days. I want to OOC conflict whoever wrote that plugin, because you suck.