bad name bad all around 07/17/2012 10:10 PM CDT

had the misfortutune to hear someone named ( Yoduh ) speaking as the starwars char does,the name and the actions do not belong here, totally ruined the way the game should feel, how this has got by without notice is beyond me. shame
Re: bad name bad all around 07/17/2012 10:11 PM CDT
Report name, you must.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: bad name bad all around 07/17/2012 10:18 PM CDT
>>Report name, you must.

The force is strong with this one.

System Announcement: The Night Sun has been snuffed. It's dark again. Now the scary stuff comes out.
Re: bad name bad all around 07/18/2012 06:56 AM CDT
you don't know the Power of the dark side...

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: bad name bad all around 07/18/2012 04:14 PM CDT

Live long and prosper...amidoinitrite?
Re: bad name bad all around 07/18/2012 08:33 PM CDT
gonna go out on a limb and say... probably not doing it right.
Re: bad name bad all around 07/19/2012 04:01 AM CDT
Good luck with that one. Yoduh's been around and complained about for a while now and nothing's been done. And we've got Drizzt knock-offs. And don't forget the lovely Squanto and Tisquantum. I guess people don't know their US history. But I wonder how quickly I'd get in trouble if I rolled up Geronimo or Sacagawea.

I guess it's all just a matter of getting away with it long enough that you fall under the "Well, he's well-known. It'd be a little late in the game to make him change his name now" blanket.
Re: bad name bad all around 07/19/2012 05:08 AM CDT
Or Triforce or Awlkudly, and then there's Rayder and Lancel from George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series. I believe I've seen a Faramir around as well. The only name that's really bothered me was some time ago... Sugarbanana.

Elvis has left the building.
Re: bad name bad all around 07/19/2012 07:41 AM CDT
I think if your going to complain about other people's names you should be required to list all the character names you currently employ. I bet people will find issues with them, just saying.
Re: bad name bad all around 07/19/2012 07:55 AM CDT
...Okve.

One character account, it's in my forums nick. Can I complain now?

In reality, I was irritated by it for a while and then stopped and thought about it (in a well ventilated area so as to prevent smoke buildup). And honestly... If the player is a good RP player it won't matter a lot, and it they're not I'll just treat them like I would any person in a standard MMO with a stupid name; ignore the idiots and enjoy the rest.

Personally I hate Shankstab and his sister Meanie or whatever.
Re: bad name bad all around 07/19/2012 12:57 PM CDT
>>Novemberrain: And don't forget the lovely Squanto and Tisquantum. I guess people don't know their US history. But I wonder how quickly I'd get in trouble if I rolled up Geronimo or Sacagawea.

There's already a "Saquajawea."

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: bad name bad all around 07/19/2012 05:14 PM CDT
My personal favorite which makes me laugh each and every time he/she logs in or out is Reeve Pantelliden CLAMJUICE

Of the noble house Clamjuice or you think its the clan Clamjuice?

Name: Pantelliden Clamjuice
Race: Kaldar Guild: Barbarian Circle: 83
Spouse: Bonded To Selame
Citizenship: M'Riss
Roleplay Stance: Light
PvP Stance: Guarded
Quote: "Ahh, the good old days . . ."

I dont really find it offensive, I just find it funny
Re: bad name bad all around 07/19/2012 06:22 PM CDT
Bagsodoks. I believe that's a Gonif special?
Re: bad name bad all around 07/19/2012 07:37 PM CDT
>Bagsodoks. I believe that's a Gonif special?

Yes.
Re: bad name bad all around 07/19/2012 10:08 PM CDT

Man I read that as bagsod$cks at first and was like nooooooo way.
Re: bad name bad all around 07/20/2012 03:09 AM CDT
he was created in the days when traders could make bags of dokoras in shard.

Although wandering around crossing today i did see an "imperial" walk by. Perhaps he should get together with Yudah and have a sabre fight...

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: bad name bad all around 07/20/2012 06:01 AM CDT

Gang,

This is NOT the conflicts folder, and the names you don't like discussion isn't really appropriate there either.

If you think something is out of genre, report the name and move on.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: bad name bad all around 07/21/2012 08:04 AM CDT
You'd think we could lighten up on the moderation a little. It's not like the forums are being used for anything else.