No Empaths? 04/24/2005 05:46 AM CDT
So I'm hangin' around, killing some Rats, and a Silverfish pops out of the woodwork and gives me a bleeder. I figure 'alright, this is no big deal. Stop off at the Empaths' guild and get it fixed right up.' To my surprise, the entire guild is EMPTY. I know they're not obligated to stay there and wait for little ol' me, but I figured there'd be at least someone there to take care of a light bleeder. Alas, I'm now collapsed somewhere close to Jadewater due to blood loss.

If anyone can help me before I up and die (if I haven't already), please let me know. If I have died already, I know there aren't any Clerics around either, because I went there looking for Empaths after finding out that there were none.
Re: No Empaths? 04/24/2005 07:35 AM CDT
I know this is a bit late, but next time you get a bleeder and cant find an empath, instead of going into the guild(where the door is) go arch and join the list in there. It aughta heal you up so you dont at least bleed to death.

Gilvore Sneaksie-Sasiknak.
The parrot sings in a scratchy voice:

"Rissan girls, they have no combs
... Heave away, haul away...
They comb their hair with cod-fish bones
... Heave away, haul away home!"
Re: No Empaths? 04/25/2005 11:50 AM CDT
I know this is going to sound obscure, but you could use herbs.

Ebil Cleric Bambina
Re: No Empaths? 04/25/2005 12:56 PM CDT
Just kill the next empath you see and explain to them that they weren't there to help you so now they have to die.

I am --- Navak
Re: No Empaths? 04/26/2005 12:47 PM CDT
>>Just kill the next empath you see and explain to them that they weren't there to help you so now they have to die.

I am --- Navak

Thank you Navak, I really needed that laugh.

Kem

What do you mean we're lost? No we havent been by that tree three times, your imagining things
Re: No Empaths? 04/28/2005 12:37 PM CDT
>>Just kill the next empath you see and explain to them that they weren't there to help you so now they have to die.

>>I am --- Navak

>>Thank you Navak, I really needed that laugh.

You thought he was kidding?

Brabs

It's fascinating, though, how much like an oral culture this can be when it's carried out entirely in text.--GM Natala
Re: No Empaths? 07/10/2005 02:19 PM CDT
Yeah, just go to the autopuff. Their existence is the only reason the empath guild doesn't run the world.

Most stump-on-the-log empaths who never move themselves out of a two-room zone, myself included, do so because they've found a spot where they enjoy the regular clientele...not really because they feel a moral obligation to save everyone who gets cut by a critter.

Not too many of us think of the Crossing infirmary as the most pleasant place to practice our profession either.
Re: No Empaths? 07/11/2005 01:29 PM CDT
Infirmary? I -WISH-.

Everyone seems to hop into the main room of the Empaths guild, then just plop down and repeat asking until they get healed. The Infirmary (only one room over!) has MUCH better mana and is more pleasant to heal in.

I'd weep for joy if anyone went to the HEALERIE to be healed, but I guess that's just too much work, or something. :P
Re: No Empaths? 07/11/2005 01:46 PM CDT
Used to be this way, sometime between when I went to sleep and woke up again everyone started gathering in the main room. I think because you can't open boxes in the infirmery

Strangeguard Prayermaster

You gesture at a sand sprite.
Its head soars through the air as its neck is entirely destroyed!
A sand sprite slowly falls to the ground, moaning in despair, shuddering in pain before taking her last breath.
Re: No Empaths? 07/11/2005 02:11 PM CDT
But fnordia, my favorite is when people ask in one room...wait the amount of time less than the time it takes between when a New York red light turns green and the cabby behind you honks their horn, then they move west, ask again..and back and fourth until they get healed...

But Elavin spent most of his time in the Infirmary mainly because those that know of this secret place usually appreciate Empaths much better, and it's much nicer in that room.

I'd say a combination of people not wanting to go further than they have to, the donation shelf, and box popping was the reason for the main room's popularity (amongst other things I'm sure).

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

>get my amar
You get a burnt orange amaryllis.
>wear my amar
But you don't have any hair! Where are you going to put it? Don't answer that!
Re: No Empaths? 07/11/2005 03:13 PM CDT
>> I'd weep for joy if anyone went to the HEALERIE to be healed, but I guess that's just too much work, or something. :P

I've tried this once or twice on my moonie.

The Empaths down there have always refused because the Healerie is pretty much just used for healing down wounds after healing people upstairs.

So I don't go there anymore.

"More colour-coded warnings? I give it a few more years tops until the mere sight of a rainbow fills me with abject terror and confusion."
Re: No Empaths? 07/11/2005 03:21 PM CDT
>But fnordia, my favorite is when people ask in one room...wait the amount of time less than the time it takes between when a New York red light turns green and the cabby behind you honks their horn, then they move west, ask again..and back and fourth until they get healed...

But also on the flip side of that I had gone there several times a day for a week asking for a heal only to be ignored while they either healed up or were just sitting there. No response at all and I certainly didn't run off back and forth. I don't mind if someone is off duty but a room full of empaths and not one speaks, well eesh.
Re: No Empaths? 07/11/2005 03:55 PM CDT
>>The Empaths down there have always refused because the Healerie is pretty much just used for healing down wounds after healing people upstairs.

Yeah, this was what I was told it was for, and used it for that reason since the mana is a bit better. Although I do know it's used for when disease breaks out. I love the messaging down there. Makes it seem like a hospital :grin:

And yeah, about the being ignored thing...it takes a while for people to learn that saying "I'll be with you in just a moment" goes a long way.

>get my amar
>wear my amar
Re: No Empaths? 07/11/2005 04:26 PM CDT
>And yeah, about the being ignored thing...it takes a while for people to learn that saying "I'll be with you in just a moment" goes a long way.

Ahh Brady bless your heart..you hit the nail on the head!
Re: No Empaths? 07/11/2005 11:31 PM CDT
Its the syndrome of not having patients to heal when an Empath wants one to the other side of the fence of not having an empath there when you need one. Maybe we need more donuts.

~Halanny
Re: No Empaths? 07/12/2005 12:45 PM CDT
>>Ahh Brady bless your heart..you hit the nail on the head!

Y'know, it's really funny...I see that more often in The Fallen than I do in Prime. The PC auto-paths have it built in to their scripts to say "I am healing XXX and will be with you in a moment". I've got the same thing attached to Elavin's crutch that I use in Prime to say pretty much the same thing.

>get my amar
>wear my amar
Re: No Empaths? 07/12/2005 12:47 PM CDT
Just saw this...

>>Maybe we need more donuts. ~Halanny

See Reexa and Helga?!?! DONUTS...it's a popular thing...now make it a GS name!

>get my amar
>wear my amar
Re: No Empaths? 07/12/2005 01:37 PM CDT
Yeah, I prefer to heal others in the Infirmary, and heal myself in the Healerie currently. (Mostly because my healing/MD script causes an inordinate amount of scroll, and I don't want to inflict it on anyone else. Also, I might miss people asking to be healed, and I don't like to ignore when directly asked.)

Any non-empaths reading this- if you ever need a heal, and I'm on, chances are good that I'll be healing. If you're having trouble finding someone, feel free to Gweth for me. Heck, if you're in the same town, I'll usually pay house calls. ;) (Another 5 ranks of empathy? Annael, you WENCH!)
Re: No Empaths? 07/12/2005 04:16 PM CDT
C'mon Fnordia, we know you do the perc health...yes that was supposed to sound like I was talking about a drug :grin:

Just join Sophie and ride the PH train! Woo!

>get my amar
>wear my amar
Re: No Empaths? 07/12/2005 09:44 PM CDT
Now and again, sure. But it gets boring. At least there's people to talk to when your healing.

(and none of them sing about swamps.... ;) )
Re: No Empaths? 07/14/2005 05:19 PM CDT
Haha...yeah, this is yet another thing I like about TF...I've heard songs that I never knew existed...most popular seems to be Eminem.

I went and got that Bumble Bee song (I'm bringing home my baby bumble bee...), The Love Boat theme, Somewhere my love (since my wife plays :grin: ), and one other song, I think. Some of the other songs I hear are quite interesting.

I've found that "Listen to your Heart" actually sounds like a very nice song, and even sang it in prime and got a complement...couldn't take credit for it, but was pleasantly amused :grin:

>get my amar
>wear my amar
Re: No Empaths? 07/14/2005 05:43 PM CDT
>I've found that "Listen to your Heart" actually sounds like a very nice song,

I just raid Childe's ballad. Did you know that the Ballad of Tamlin is almost as long as the caravan route from Dirge to Crossing?