Needed: More ways of "bonding" 03/29/2005 07:50 AM CST
This probably isn't the correct folder so if a GM would be so kind as to put it in the right one or just leave it here i don't care anyhoo
I have an empath, and the rules indicate that in the event i want someone to "champion" me that they have to be bonded to me before the gods blah blah so that everything in fair. So my "sister" has bonded to me so incase any snerts act up she can just smush'em and i can go about my merry way. The complaint comes into the fact that there doesn't seem to be a way (that I am aware of) for my sister and I to be bonded without getting all the mushy verbs that go with it. Which makes interaction a bit diffifult with out getting some odd looks from people as my sister "draws me into her arms" when she's just trying to bring me into her group. So I guess that's my complaint we need ways of bonding to each other that are not of the romantical sense. That way empaths can takes champions and people will stop pickin' on us!

A robbed and murdered empath
Re: Needed: More ways of "bonding" 03/29/2005 08:27 AM CST
Have you tried playing around with "befriend/demeanor"? I'm pretty sure that you can befriend her and stop the mushy verbs.

Ebil Cleric Bambina
Re: Needed: More ways of "bonding" 03/30/2005 04:19 AM CST
<<I'm pretty sure that you can befriend her and stop the mushy verbs.

Befriend "cold", "neutral", etc won't stop the "clasps your hand tenderly and draws you into her arms" messaging...or any other bonded messaging that I'm aware of.
Re: Needed: More ways of "bonding" 03/30/2005 04:22 AM CST
Blech, sorry...meant that last post to say..."or DEMEANOR won't fix any other bonded messaging that I'm aware of."
Re: Needed: More ways of "bonding" 03/30/2005 07:34 AM CST
Yeah, I agree. The bonding system really needs to be rewritten.

What if you get into an argument with your spouse? You don't always want to be all lovie-dubbie with them.

It just could be expanded, a lot.

And what really upset me was when I renewed Shad's vows, and it reset her anniversary date.. If I had known it was going to do that, I wouldn't have renewed them, heh, or done it through the act command and not have actually kissed the rose again.

Shadeau Raysen-Moonith,
Player of.