Necromancers in training. 07/06/2004 05:19 PM CDT
.......Well, what else can I say to describe you people, who've continually breathed life into the 'ferrytainment?' topic for the past THREE HUNDRED YEARS?

Put away the alchemist kit, stow your potionified ashes of kuilay, and LET IT DIE.
Re: Necromancers in training. 07/06/2004 11:24 PM CDT
Bit angry at a nonsense topic in the complaints folder? And besides, I can't potionify those ashes, I don't even know kuilay.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=schlep
Re: Necromancers in training. 07/08/2004 10:14 AM CDT
>And besides, I can't potionify those ashes, I don't even know kuilay.

If I spelt it right, kuilay was the first quest in act3 in diablo2, completing it gets you his ashes, which you give to this creepy potion guy, and he gives you a permanent +20 life potion.

Figured permanent life would fit somewhere along the lines of this topic.

(Funny feedback comment on the post above this one however)
Re: Necromancers in training. 07/13/2004 04:49 PM CDT
I think you had to kill a unique creature to get a 'jade statue', then give it to the potion maker to receive the 20+ life potion. Can't remember.

~ Renous
______
I must go down to the seas again
to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull's way and the whale's way
where the wind's like a whetted knife
Re: Necromancers in training. 07/14/2004 01:13 PM CDT
>I think you had to kill a unique creature to get a 'jade statue', then give it to the potion maker to receive the 20+ life potion. Can't remember.

You get the statue, but give it to .. what was his name.. Deckard Caine?Kane?Kaine? something like. He knows the legend of it, pops it open, then you get kuiley's ashes, bring them to the alchemist, he brews a potion, suck it down (mmmm, dead man ash drink), and yay, +20 life.

Oh, and since we're on the topic of potions, why can't we get potions of youth? I saw some in gemstone3 during a festival (incidentally, about 3 months before everyone got to select their own age, and people paid millions of platinum for the potions), can't we get that over here?

We got pinch and snap from them, let's get the other good stuff too :/
~T
Re: Necromancers in training. 07/15/2004 05:22 PM CDT
>Oh, and since we're on the topic of potions, why can't we get potions of youth? I saw some in gemstone3 during a festival (incidentally, about 3 months before everyone got to select their own age, and people paid millions of platinum for the potions), can't we get that over here?

Because it's a premium perk right now to be able to select your age from the generator, so technically people are paying hundreds of real dollars a year for it already.

Re: Necromancers in training. 07/16/2004 10:55 AM CDT
So what about the poor souls who were created before 'premium' was even a gleam in the eyes of the revenue department? We're doomed to die of old age in about a rl decade unless they fix something, and sooner is better than later!
Re: Necromancers in training. 07/16/2004 10:59 AM CDT
Solomon has posted on numerous occasions that character age has no detrimental effects on character abilities.

Thus you will not die from old age.

Maxxwel, druken babbling empath at large.
Re: Necromancers in training. 07/16/2004 11:37 AM CDT
Probably not, but if your character is 75 years old, and the lifespan listed on the site says 60-80 your race lives, wouldn't you get a bit nervous?
Re: Necromancers in training. 07/16/2004 06:04 PM CDT
>Probably not, but if your character is 75 years old, and the lifespan listed on the site says 60-80 your race lives, wouldn't you get a bit nervous?

Wouldn't you be a bit nervous at hunting things which have destroyed entire areas? Or at employing techniques dangerous enough to destroy an entire room full of living beings? 'Typical lifespan' has nothing to do with adventurers. They're special. Typical lifespan reffers to the amount of time an npc should live.

Re: Necromancers in training. 07/19/2004 12:54 PM CDT
Right, a typical elf isn't supposed to have kids until age 150. As far as i know there aren't many elves who play that have reached that age yet there are plenty who have roleplayed having children. So there are plenty of differences of what's supposed to happen and how you end up role playing your character.

Mordimer
Re: Necromancers in training. 07/19/2004 01:39 PM CDT
<Right, a typical elf isn't supposed to have kids until age 150. As far as i know there aren't many elves who play that have reached that age yet there are plenty who have roleplayed having children. So there are plenty of differences of what's supposed to happen and how you end up role playing your character.

I blame the Elven school systems for not properly educating their youths about sex

Magic is not a crutch. It is merely something that mages depend upon to get through life.
Re: Necromancers in training. 07/20/2004 01:34 PM CDT
I dunno.. considering the rate at which people have kids who are born 15-20 years old..

I'm thinking about opening up a sweat shop.

Now.. who's up for some profitable impregnation?

(Cayene's pick up line number 20,028)

~Cayene

*The only tolerable people in the world are those with imperfections. This fact is directly responsible for my sincere dislike of being alone*
Re: Necromancers in training. 07/31/2004 01:44 AM CDT
>>Maxxwel

Ignore Author

Email Author
Re: Necromancers in training. ? on 7/16/2004 10:59:59 AM 1028
Solomon has posted on numerous occasions that character age has no detrimental effects on character abilities.
<<,

Yeah; there was this brief game-wide bug long long ago , in a galaxy far-far away. It made people's ages turn into random integers. IE: -259239838 and 302109328 and 1. Nothing happened, except that it was odd.

- Alemaster
Re: Necromancers in training. 09/17/2004 09:44 PM CDT
>>So what about the poor souls who were created before 'premium' was even a gleam in the eyes of the revenue department? We're doomed to die of old age in about a rl decade unless they fix something, and sooner is better than later! <<

One time in the early 340s, there was a bug that made people alternately billions of years old, negative-millions-years-old, etc. Nothing resulted, except some amusement.

That + the aforemtioned "Solomon post'.

- Alemaster
Re: Necromancers in training. 09/18/2004 09:37 AM CDT
Well if age doesn't matter, why don't they make an alchemist somewhere, selling potions?

5 gold gets you a year older.
5 gold gets you a year younger.

No more needing a 80+ empath with celestial enchantments for something as 'cosmetic' as age. Not to mention the many hour downtime involved, which they all balk at.

Know the apostrophe.
Re: Necromancers in training. 09/18/2004 10:31 PM CDT
The reason given for not making age reduction easier is that apparently some people consider visible age of the character to be a source of pride, because it indicates longevity of the player in DR.

Which of course, it only does in the very limited circumstance that the character is human/S'kra Mur/Tog/Rakash and not sold.

Personally, I'd much more care about the ability to mold a roleplay character by aging them properly than any such faulty OOC reckoning.

---Brett
Re: Necromancers in training. 09/23/2004 04:30 AM CDT
Premie can roll a 45 (I think it is) year old character.

I've had my Moon Mage since early 2001, she's going on 35.

So if premie can roll them that old, then having an old character pretty much becomes moot. shrugs I don't know many people who have characters older than that, that didn't roll out at 45 through the premie CM.

~Jen,
Player of a Prydaen Prophet.
Re: Necromancers in training. 09/23/2004 07:47 AM CDT
Shifting.

I am --- Navak
Re: Necromancers in training. 09/24/2004 11:42 AM CDT
>Shifting.

@300P/Year

Drivethru window to stupidity. Maybe if they charged 30P a year, like some do for those 'hard' shifts, they could make money, and people could be as old as dirt if they wanted to. I guess all would be happy.

Know the apostrophe.
Re: Necromancers in training. 09/26/2004 02:30 PM CDT
Who is shifting a year for 300 plat?

~Ternith Sjomah-Prime/Asanji-TehFallen
Re: Necromancers in training. 09/27/2004 06:05 AM CDT
Anyone capable of doing it.

Know the apostrophe.
Re: Necromancers in training. 10/04/2004 10:11 PM CDT
shifting age is very demanding on empath performing shift...shifting years is helluva lot harder than any other shift, and has big-time large downtime

Player of Tessaa
Re: Necromancers in training. 10/06/2004 12:24 PM CDT
A simple fix would be to give them decades, and have it drain them almost the same as a year does now, maybe reduce drain on a year so they wouldn't need to gou-- er.. charge so much.

I don't know about 300 plat/year, but if someone could offer 10 years for 150 plat, that might be worth saving up for, depending.

Know the apostrophe.