Re: Upcoming fest 10/22/2009 08:29 AM CDT
If you want firesilk and dont want to sacrifice an item, you could go to riverclan and buy a length of it to hold for alteration fodder. That way you dont lose an item that you could possibly re-sell, or otherwise use.

Make sure its an item that you actually give a care about (IE: verbs, app price, materials, etc.) but also remember what makes that item special could be the very reason why you might not be able to get it altered. Which is one of the many reasons you need backup designs.

Alexii points at a Velakan slaver and shouts, "Another one! Don't let it get away!"
Re: Upcoming fest 10/22/2009 01:23 PM CDT
You probably won't get a cambrinth alteration. Only special, very very rare merchants will touch cambrinth. I've heard cambrinth alterations called the Rolls Royces of the alteration world. I disagree with them being so rare, but oh well.

The rest should be fine. I suggest picking up an item with verbs that you like. The vast majority of verbed objects will be absolutely fine, as long as it's not magical. This is because there are certain scripts that alterers cannot mess with.

But... well, give us some idea of what you like. What I usually ask people to give me is their preferred color, fabric, metal, and gemstone. Then describe the general "look" your character is going for. Easier to work from there.

Rev. Reene

"I have seen the true path. I will not warm myself by the fire; I will become the flame." - Lim-Dul the Necromancer
Re: Upcoming fest 10/22/2009 08:20 PM CDT
Well, lots of options. Tsin's kinda not so nice of a character, so any alterations would hopefully have a little bit of a darker tint to them. Color generally black, and I like illithi emeralds, got a few of those. Materials are firesilk, watersilk and nightsilk.
(heres a current look of Tsin just to get an idea of the style I'm going for.)
You are Tsinlee Geshi'tago, Dragoon of Ilithi, an Elf.
You have an angular face with elegant arched eyebrows, pointed ears, thick-lashed crystal blue eyes and a button nose. Your red-gold hair is very long and thick, and is worn tied back. You have smooth skin and a shapely figure.
A lustrous crimson bloodgem rests on your forehead, just above your eyes.
You have a tattoo of a thick-bodied spider sitting in the middle of a silver web on your back.
You are in good shape.

You are wearing a midnight black cowl, a glossy black raven-feather boa, a sturdy black backpack, a heavily-lined black leather corset trimmed in thin ribbons of blue velvet, a floor-length black mink coat with wide belled sleeves, some midnight black leathers, a soiled arm bandage with the words "Raider's Wench" scrawled in a crimson stain, a midnight black buckler, some midnight black gloves, an Elven silver hip-chain inset at the center with an ice-blue celestite runestone, a short black leather wrap skirt secured by polished brass buckles, a delicate black lace garter with swaying ruby heart charms and a pair of elegant black leather boots trimmed in mink with silver-inlaid high heels.

hope that helps a little, thanks for the asistance!

"By Idon's hairy hangnails!"
~Tsinlee
Re: Upcoming fest 10/22/2009 08:41 PM CDT
Hm.

a steel-boned black firesilk corset adorned with rows of decorative bronze rivets?

a notch-bladed bastard sword with a hilt bound in ragged black leather?

a form-fitting leather wrap skirt gathered with a bone and ilithi emerald brooch?

Any of those the style you're aiming for?

Rev. Reene

"I have seen the true path. I will not warm myself by the fire; I will become the flame." - Lim-Dul the Necromancer
Re: Upcoming fest 10/22/2009 09:32 PM CDT
Reene, I <3 your imagination. Those are exactly the style I was thinking of.

~Tsinlee
Re: Upcoming fest 10/23/2009 12:18 AM CDT
I think Reene should become an alterer myself, she does an outstanding job on such things, not to mention the lore to back up most historical alterations. Well done Reene!

Miv
I would rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend.
Re: Upcoming fest 10/23/2009 12:51 AM CDT
Fact. Hm. Any ideas for looks? Cause it'd be a shame not to use Reene's ideas ^-^
(which I will if I get an alteration)

By the way, my thanks Reene

~Tsinlee