Alteration Help 11/24/2004 08:30 AM CST
I would like to use one of my LTBs and have something altered but I'm just not good at creating stuff. So, if anyone is feeling bored and would like to help me think of something wicked cool for this Moon Mage, drop me a line.

Thanks!

Silvon
Aim - SilvonDR

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
There's nothing wrong with being a loser, it just depends on how good you are at it.
Alteration Help? 01/22/2010 07:21 PM CST
Does anyone still offer assistance in creating designs for alterations? I remember a few people that would assist with the designs but it was awhile ago...
Re: Alteration Help? 01/22/2010 07:24 PM CST
I do when I have time.

You can IM me at ReverendReene. Semester just started + I have strep, though, so no promises.

Rev. Reene

You whisper to Kaedan, "OOC: CANT YOU SING LILT FOR ME IRL"
>
Kaedan whispers, "OOC: OOOOOH HODIERNA'S LILLLLLLLLLT"
>
Kaedan whispers, "OOC: ::guitar riff::"
Re: Alteration Help? 01/23/2010 03:57 AM CST
I'm also happy to help. My IM is Niieth.

-- Player of Niieth
Re: Alteration Help? 01/23/2010 08:42 AM CST
I'd be glad to help as well, I offer my services a lot lately for people who want design help. If you IM me or find me in game, I'll show you a lot of things I've worked on so you can determine whether or not you like my style.

AIM is DRMeigus

- Terra
Re: Alteration Help? 01/23/2010 09:02 AM CST
Terra hands down does the best alterations I have seen in game. I highly recommend them.

"What a curious phenomenon it is that you can get men to die for the liberty of the world who will not make the little sacrifice that is needed to free themselves from their own individual bondage." ~ Bruce Barton
Re: Alteration Help? 01/23/2010 09:59 AM CST
I'll toss my name out there too. I like to help friends with alterations from time-to-time. I'll even provide the animite.../joke

Anyways, you can shoot me a line on AIM as well: AlexiiDR

* SPLAT! * You destroy the annoying thing!
Re: Alteration Help? 01/23/2010 11:25 AM CST
I have to say Reene's alterations are usually very good. I actually use the gift from the moonmage meeting thing because that enchanters satchel rocks.

I'd talk about the robe she helped me with but it was intentionally camp and not really a good representation of her style.

-Serc

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Re: Alteration Help? 01/23/2010 02:31 PM CST
<<that enchanters satchel rocks.

QFT.

Let Lyras win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdaOeAxy0GU
Re: Alteration Help? 01/23/2010 02:43 PM CST
>> I actually use the gift from the moonmage meeting thing because that enchanters satchel rocks.

I giggle a little when I see it around.

Especially on people who claim to hate me vitriolically and supposedly didn't attend the meeting at all.

Rev. Reene

>
>
Re: Alteration Help? 01/23/2010 06:48 PM CST
Make sure you work in elven animite somehow.
Re: Alteration Help? 01/23/2010 07:10 PM CST
Rare elven diamond dust.

Squire Xalahai Zayasero, Player of
"This idea may have worked in another time and another place, but here it immediately fell on its face and went 'Durp durp.'" - Armifer
Re: Alteration Help? 01/23/2010 08:50 PM CST
>Rare elven diamond dust.

That's good too. Throw in some arcane symbols (preferably elven) and make it glow and you're good to go.
Re: Alteration Help? 01/23/2010 09:18 PM CST
Make sure you throw in lots of extremely purple, flowery metaphors about rows of breathtaking dewkissed sapphires carved into tiny fae whose beauty brings to mind the rippling waves of the Reshal sea.

Rev. Reene

>
>
Re: Alteration Help? 01/23/2010 09:22 PM CST
Also use the pronoun you. Constantly. Tell people how they feel about your item. Force them to react in awe or fear. Or both.

-Serc

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Re: Alteration Help? 01/24/2010 03:20 AM CST
an enveloping inky-black shadowsilk cloak with animite clasps embellished with moonstones and giant arching batwings that flutter in the breeze

-Inauri

The faenrae reaver throws its head back and screams viciously, "All your base are belong to US!"
Re: Alteration Help? 01/24/2010 07:41 PM CST
Don't forget the dripping blood and gore.
Re: Alteration Help? 01/25/2010 03:37 PM CST
Dang, I knew I forgot something. :(

-Inauri

The faenrae reaver throws its head back and screams viciously, "All your base are belong to US!"
Re: Alteration Help? 01/26/2010 03:42 AM CST
Feel free to IM me at ZanderTirade any time, as well. Be warned, though: If you want something stylish or serious in any way, I'm not your man.

-=Issus=-
Re: Alteration Help? 01/26/2010 03:51 AM CST
I need to hire Issus then

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: Alteration Help? 01/26/2010 03:18 PM CST
Also be warned that anything Issus designs will probably have a picture of Issus on it, shirt opened to the navel, hair blowing luxuriously in the wind standing atop a heap of slain dragons while wailing on his super sweet guitar.

"Ridicule may lawfully be employed where reason has no hope of success."
Re: Alteration Help? 01/26/2010 09:36 PM CST
Naturally. I mean...everyone wants their alteration to be awesome, right? That sort of Issus imagery goes without saying.

-=Issus=-
Re: Alteration Help? 01/26/2010 10:47 PM CST
<Also be warned that anything Issus designs will probably have a picture of Issus on it, shirt opened to the navel, hair blowing luxuriously in the wind standing atop a heap of slain dragons while wailing on his super sweet guitar.

Yes! Working on making that right now.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: Alteration Help? 01/27/2010 04:00 PM CST
I do alot of alterations, as well. Some campy, some formal.

Just depends on what you're looking for, I suppose.

If'n ya want help, give a holler at RangerRantjur.

No Ranger Stands Alone.

MM2/SS, USN
Re: Alteration Help? 02/10/2010 01:31 PM CST
When I do alterations and help people with their designs I recommend they pick:

2 colors
1 wood (diamondwood, wyndwood, witchclaw, dragonwood)
1 metal (damite, silver, gold, platinum, etc.)
1 silk (nightsilk, moonsilk, firesilk, Elven Silk, raw silk, Elothean silk, stormsilk)
1 other material. (leather, lace, whatever.)
1 or 2 gems (rubies, emeralds, moonstones)
1 or 2 modifiers (gilt, brightwork, shadow-embroidered)

This keeps the outfit cohesive. Maybe it's a bit matchy matchy, but in a text based RPG it's easier to visualize items when they're not like:

He is wearing a grey hat, a purple cloak, a crocodile buckler, a dead marnet face and a pair of yellow polka dot shoes.

V.S.

He is wearing a silver-plumed hat, a grey steelsilk shirt, a silver belt, and dark grey leather trousers.

Hope that helps someone :)
Re: Alteration Help? 02/11/2010 08:56 PM CST
Next character I get is going to have one word items. I will force you all to use your imaginations to their fullest extent.

-Inauri

Re: Alteration Help? 02/12/2010 12:11 AM CST
>Next character I get is going to have one word items.

I want to see this.

~ Kougen

Moon Mages: Ripping reality a new one since 586 BL
Re: Alteration Help? 02/12/2010 12:12 AM CST
He is wearing a hat, sword, armor, shield, boots and nopants.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Alteration Help? 02/12/2010 09:28 AM CST

>He is wearing a hat, sword, armor, shield, boots and nopants.

Necromancer!!!

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Alteration Help? 02/12/2010 09:36 AM CST
Damn, got it in before I could call it.

-Inauri

Re: Alteration Help? 02/12/2010 09:37 AM CST
<<>He is wearing a hat, sword, armor, shield, boots and nopants.
<<Necromancer!!!

No belt-knife.

Let Lyras win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdaOeAxy0GU
Re: Alteration Help? 02/12/2010 10:33 AM CST
>No belt-knife.

It's been altered to be nopants.

He's a well-disguised Necromancer.

>
The guard stares at you and swears. The guard says, "I do not see why you even bother living."