Alterations 09/27/2004 08:02 AM CDT
So far I've seen some gorgeous pieces of work here! All I've got to say, Thinpi, is- WOW!

Keep the views coming! I'm loving this!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
New Fest Alterations 11/03/2009 08:27 PM CST
Thanks to the GMs behind the leather and bone alterers!

TAP: a set of lunar-scorched bone armor inlaid with darkened phantom sapphire
LOOK: Worn in far too many trips to the astral plane, this set of bone armor bears the telltale scorch marks of run-ins with streams of pure lunar mana. Deeply hued phantom sapphire has been inlaid around the breastplate in sinuous tendrils that creep along the neck.

TAP: a leather shield inlaid with a glittering mosaic portrait of Throne City
LOOK: Ivory, amethyst, sapphire and pearl are used to paint a magnificent picture of the glorious former capital of the Imperial Empire. A wide, reinforcing band of bleached bone, lightly gilded in dark silver, handsomely frames the sparkling image.

-Coralin
Re: New Fest Alterations 11/04/2009 10:07 AM CST
Wow so you show up and get chosen for 2 alterers back to back.. Seems like the gm's have a nice way of picking people. I'm just bitter cause I never get picked and this one gets picked twice in a night?
Re: New Fest Alterations 11/04/2009 10:09 AM CST
Welcome to the club.
Re: New Fest Alterations 11/04/2009 10:39 AM CST
random list is random

Rev. Reene

Your mind hears Aislynn thinking, "Hrrr. Just not Caelumia. She creates multi-dimensional pain that defies the laws of anatomy."
Your mind hears Azatia thinking, "she's good like that"
Re: New Fest Alterations 11/04/2009 10:43 AM CST
I also got the headless horseman's mount drop in WoW during Hallow's Eve if you want something else to be bitter about.

-Coralin
Re: New Fest Alterations 11/04/2009 11:10 AM CST
>>I also got the headless horseman's mount drop in WoW during Hallow's Eve if you want something else to be bitter about.

This pisses me off more. Getting lucky on alterations is just that, luck. Farming the HH 15 times a night for the whole event and not seeing 1 mount drop AND my buddy almost not getting The Hallowed because a Hallowed Helm wouldn't drop? Ridiculous.

SEND[Bramoir] Okay, you are all set, just make sure you use your name for the powers of good okay?
Re: New Fest Alterations ::Nudge:: 11/04/2009 11:22 AM CST

Let's get back on topic.

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: New Fest Alterations ::Nudge:: 11/04/2009 12:54 PM CST
What really irritates me is when people start whining because they did not get something and another did. Honestly, in all the time I have spent in this game which has been many years I have only been able to get on the alterer's list once myself. I have also in all the years never won a raffle, but every one I attend I have a blast at so I win even if I loose. Its all in your perspective I guess my advice would be Grow up and appreciate what you do have rather than complain about what you didn't get. If I were an alterer this type of attitude would so put you at the bottom of my list, though I know they do not work that way. There are folks every fest that put in the hours sitting at each alterer and some end up chosen more than once, I myself do not have that much patience.

I think complaints such as these really do nothing but hurt the feelings of the folks that have put so much time and effort into trying to make sure everyone enjoys themselves. Each year its the same post with a different name.... Okay I said my piece.
Or use your LTB's to get alterations if they are that detrimental to you.

Miv
I would rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend.
Re: New Fest Alterations ::Nudge:: 11/04/2009 02:04 PM CST
<<There are folks every fest that put in the hours sitting at each alterer and some end up chosen more than once>>

And others who put in the same time and aren't chosen at all, which I think might be what led to the seacaves alterations having a waiting period (something like 3 months between getting an alteration and being allowed back into the cabana at all). I personally like this way of handling them.

Just pointing out that it's easy to see where the complaints come from.

Laniea came through some massive doors.
Laniea appears to be aiming at Mesanna with her forester's crossbow.
You praise Laniea's efforts, supporting her with your approval.
Re: New Fest Alterations ::Nudge:: 11/04/2009 02:06 PM CST
My only issue with sitting at alterers is that so many people opt to spend that time humming and folding origami instead of roleplaying with each other.

I understand that the alteration process is absolutely scrolltastic for the alterer and it's good to reduce that if possible, but I'm sure they wouldn't begrudge people trying to interact with one another either, and you would likely end up enjoying the experience a lot more instead of getting frustrated that you sat around being bored for hours then didn't get picked.

Rev. Reene

Your mind hears Aislynn thinking, "Hrrr. Just not Caelumia. She creates multi-dimensional pain that defies the laws of anatomy."
Re: New Fest Alterations ::Nudge:: 11/04/2009 02:13 PM CST
I don't think there should be alterations at all.

Something that makes one person happy and ten angry is obviously bad.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: New Fest Alterations ::Nudge:: 11/04/2009 02:17 PM CST
Getting angry about it indicates an attitude problem on the part of the people getting angry, IMO. I've been disappointed at not getting picked, but the only time I will actually get annoyed or frustrated at someone that did is if they're being thoughtless asses about it. We've had threads going over that, though.

Though I confess to deriving a small amount of vindictive pleasure from the indignant nerdrage some people expressed when I won that Lahkia voucher for having an anloral heron pin on hand.

Rev. Reene

Re: New Fest Alterations ::Nudge:: 11/06/2009 11:19 AM CST
Yes, many thanks to the bone armor alterer.

a vividly painted ritual mask with a serpent's heart ruby set at its center
>l mask
Careful paint strokes along with precision etching highlight the darkly beautiful features of a woman's face. An eye-shaped serpent's heart ruby has been carefully set in the center of the forehead, possibly to aid the wearer in some sort of magical rites. The intaglio image of a fierce dragon has been etched onto the surface of the ruby, while tattered nightsilk straps allow the mask to be fastened securely to the wearer's head.

- Terra