New verb: TAUNT 09/04/2013 11:55 PM CDT
Hiya folks,

I've just released a new verb - Taunt - to Plat and Prime tonight. TAUNT HELP will give you some options for use, and when I finish up work on the Paladin spell Crusader's Challenge it will be used to activate part of that spell's effects.

The taunts used by this verb are non-verbal taunting poses, so be prepared to follow it up with your own favorite insult, or a hasty mock. Many thanks to an unnamed GM who wrote a number of message sets, and to GM Abasha for handling the QC. Enjoy!

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: New verb: TAUNT 09/05/2013 12:37 AM CDT
These are loads of fun! Can't wait to how CC ties into it.

You raise your hand and beckon that you are ready.
Re: New verb: TAUNT 09/05/2013 10:03 AM CDT
Very cool release. Thanks.

The teaser on CRC sounds exciting.
Re: New verb: TAUNT 09/05/2013 11:53 AM CDT
love it, i think i'll be using 3 or 4 of those often...

suggestion...

taunt person/creature with item too?

taunt apple with fork
You point a sharpened ivory fork at a bright red apple while staring sternly at it.

taunt leopard with fork
You lift your arm and stare down its length while pointing a sharpened ivory fork at a long-fanged snow leopard.

taunt cyia with fork
Taunt what?
[Syntax is TAUNT {style} {target}. See TAUNT HELP for more options.]

Re: New verb: TAUNT 09/05/2013 12:52 PM CDT
>>taunt person/creature with item too?

Yeah, there's a parser issue dealing with players and WITH parsing. I actually figured out why it doesn't work and have a slight rewrite to get around the issue. TAUNT now uses AT rather than WITH, so if you are using an object in your taunting, taunt <object> at <target>. Should work for all target types.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Cleric Advocate
Re: New verb: TAUNT 09/05/2013 09:12 PM CDT
Seems to be a bug in this part of it when there's the same item in the room as in your hands:

>taunt wine at lavi
You thumb your nose a few times in 's direction.

>taunt wine at lavinius
You thumb your nose a few times in 's direction.

He saw:

Lyathe thumbs her nose a few times in 's direction.

Player of: Lyathe and Saslisena
Re: New verb: TAUNT 09/05/2013 09:22 PM CDT
Should be fixed now. Not the part of it defaulting to an item on the ground rather than your hands - that's a parser thing - but the player name should show up correctly.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Cleric Advocate