Jump Self 07/01/2010 07:35 PM CDT
I humbly request that the JUMP <self> verb be rewritten in the following way:

Syntax: JUMP <self> <option> - Uncommon as it is to be in a situation where a backflip is really appropriate, a 'half-hearted handstand" is pretty much never appropriate in the same situation. Allow us to choose which to do!

Roundtime: 5 sec - Most (if not all?) other strictly roleplaying verbs have no associated RT, so having a 5 second roundtime attached to this is a little odd. Even PUNCHing someone follows the usual double standard, with the roleplaying version losing the RT from the regular version. This should be no different!

"Actually, retreating would work better." - Other, less combat-worthy verbs such as kiss, hug, and dance are allowed in combat, so this restriction is a little confusing. While it would be cooler to make backflipping out of combat an alternative to retreating, it would be nice to at least not restrict this fluff verb while in combat.

So, those are my ideas. I hope someone likes them!

~Kevalia~
Re: Jump Self 07/03/2010 10:43 PM CDT
backflipping is always appropriate. one after another after another after another.

You do an incredible backflip with a beautiful twist rotation, gaining nearly five feet of air and landing neatly on your feet without so much as a wobble!
[Roundtime: 5 seconds]

You turn a deep ebony lockpick case set with smooth onyx plates labeled "Graverobber" in the light, admiring it.
Re: Jump Self 07/04/2010 06:58 PM CDT
you can also change your movement to "cartwheel". wheeeeee!

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.

Re: Jump Self 07/04/2010 08:05 PM CDT
I'm shooting for agile, not goofy...

~Kevalia~