<Person> stares out over the river. 09/18/2007 11:46 PM CDT
I see this often while fishing at the Landfall dock in Crossing. It's been bugging me and I've never managed to ask someone about it fast enough before they run off.

What is the verb to do this and does it have a purpose?

---
Join World of Elanthia
http://www.worldofelanthia.com/index.php
Re: <Person> stares out over the river. 09/19/2007 12:16 AM CDT
I believe that's the messaging when someone LOOKs at a boat that's docked elsewhere.

Rev. Reene

"If it's not a flavor of Pop-Tart I don't know about it." - Sapphyr on exotic fruits
Re: <Person> stares out over the river. 09/19/2007 12:17 AM CDT
<<I see this often while fishing at the Landfall dock in Crossing. It's been bugging me and I've never managed to ask someone about it fast enough before they run off.

<<What is the verb to do this and does it have a purpose?

It a bardic recall spot. In this case they're recalling a story about a woman on a pirate ship. Any bards that do recall runs in the Crossing area usually hit that one up since there's about 3 of them within 2 or 3 rooms of eachother.

-Evran

<<It is important to remember that the one single and solitary common thing that is shared by the myraid of things that annoy you and tick you off and make you upset...is you. --Solomon
Re: <Person> stares out over the river. 09/19/2007 12:52 AM CDT
>It a bardic recall spot.

Thank you.

---
Join World of Elanthia
http://www.worldofelanthia.com/index.php
Re: <Person> stares out over the river. 09/19/2007 12:51 PM CDT
Bardic recall spots? Off topic I know, but if you don't mind briefly sharing, what are they?
Re: <Person> stares out over the river. 09/19/2007 02:47 PM CDT
There are certain places, creatures, and items that have bits of history tied up into them. Bards with enough skill can attempt to RECALL this history, putting together the story from tales, rumours, snippets of conversation heard here and there. It can offer a little amusing diversion (as in that spot on the dock), offer insight into the origin of an artifact (remember those icy-blue blades from the Secret of Corik's Tomb quest?), or hint at the possible drastic downfall of someone who was once connected with greatness (see: Meek's Stitchery, Shard).

Like the other forms of Recall, what you can determine is based upon - and thus can be used as a way to train - your Scholarship skill.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"