Avoidable kisses 04/28/2007 06:44 AM CDT
I'd like to see the kiss verb avoidable on a case by case basis.

For example, my Thief is beginning to get involved with another character at the moment. Anyway, when last he saw her, and they parted, he gave her a LIGHT kiss, since they don't know each other very well yet. (KISS <character> LIGHT) It would definitely create some roleplaying possibilities if, rather than just slapping someone who's getting a little too fresh with you (In this case, she didn't), you could avoid the kiss by turning your head aside or something. It would also make it possible to do something about random people kissing you WITHOUT slapping them (for example, a woman who is being 'hit on' so to speak, by someone bigger than her who she does not wish to slap, can simply avoid the kiss if he starts to get fresh and she doesn't want to give him consent to kill her)

Am I making sense?

Example, on Asyra's end

Tursavidus leans in to kiss you lightly. (And then provide a suitable messaging and input option for allowing it, or turning your head aside, if you wish to. If you don't do anything it defaults to disallowing it)

On my end

You lean in to kiss Asyra lightly. (She turns her head to the side, however, avoiding you.)

Am I making sense
Re: Avoidable kisses 04/28/2007 06:59 AM CDT
demeanor cold

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Avoidable kisses 04/28/2007 07:06 AM CDT
The problem is that only works if you make your demeanor cold BEFORE the fact.
Re: Avoidable kisses 04/28/2007 07:10 AM CDT
I believe he wants to avoid kisses on a type by type basis, not all kisses. Avoid slow kisses, but not light or gentle.

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
I love shield blocking while stunned and prone with a leg missing. ~Ranger Hanryu
Re: Avoidable kisses 04/28/2007 07:14 AM CDT
Right, or just provide an option to avoid any kiss as the kiss is 'offered' so to speak. It would probably require the kisser to initiate the kiss, the kissee to decline it if desired, and then the messaging would show to the room.
Re: Avoidable kisses 04/28/2007 07:25 AM CDT
People should use ACT more. :\

Rev. Reene

Idon: OCH M'FRAE!
Reene: Whoa, whoa. Didn't you read Pal's guide on that Olde English stuff?
Idon: I did, I just enjoy annoying you.
Re: Avoidable kisses 04/28/2007 07:49 AM CDT
I agree people should use act more, however there is already a verb in place to kiss someone so most people will tend to use that. If something like this is put into place for kiss, it should also be put in place for shaking hands, and hugs.

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
I love shield blocking while stunned and prone with a leg missing. ~Ranger Hanryu
Re: Avoidable kisses 04/28/2007 10:03 AM CDT
So you want a delay put into each kiss where you type in kiss (character) emote and they get to consent to avoid?

Mists and Magic, Ocean Breezes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
Re: Avoidable kisses 04/29/2007 05:01 AM CDT
That would seem the most reasonable way to implement the sort of thing I'm envisioning, yes.

This isn't to be a prude, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying ZOMG NO KISSING IN GAME. I'm just saying it would be cool if it were more like kissing in real life - avoidable. (hmm. Let's not discuss the implications of that any further, shall we?)
Re: Avoidable kisses 05/01/2007 08:21 PM CDT
Yup and it is kinda odd, and potentially deadly, when you're trying to kiss a certain way (like on the hand) and the person's demeanor makes it default to you just kissing them, as someone else mentioned.

~Dulcinia

SEND[Solomon] Change your forums signature please?

[Jenealle] "The wedding was very emotional. Even the cake was in tiers."
Re: Avoidable kisses 05/14/2007 02:44 AM CDT
In some cases, the old AVOID system almost seems better. Too bad we can't combine them.

- Xelten
Re: Avoidable kisses 05/15/2007 04:18 PM CDT
>>Yup and it is kinda odd, and potentially deadly, when you're trying to kiss a certain way (like on the hand) and the person's demeanor makes it default to you just kissing them, as someone else mentioned.

Yeah. Especially if you knelt down to deliver the intended hand kiss.

~Fyriestorme
~Ledth
~Durle
Re: Avoidable kisses 06/21/2007 02:31 PM CDT
Just catching up with "recent" forum news and I found this

>Yup and it is kinda odd, and potentially deadly, when you're trying to kiss a certain way (like on the hand) and the person's demeanor makes it default to you just kissing them, as someone else mentioned.

Yes - deadly. I... kinda ruined a pretty nice RP I had with someone because the old kiss hand somehow became plain old kiss. Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening or should I just sorta not kiss hands for a while?
Re: Avoidable kisses 06/21/2007 02:32 PM CDT
kiss <player> hand always works for me.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Avoidable kisses 06/21/2007 02:32 PM CDT
Not that I go around kissing a lot of peoples' hands.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Avoidable kisses 06/22/2007 01:52 PM CDT
No, there is no way to avoid it defaulting to generic kiss.

I am --- Navak
Re: Avoidable kisses 06/28/2007 06:34 PM CDT
I like that system. I would love something like that being implemented, having the option to consent a few interactions on a case by case basis.

__
~Leilond, the one who is backtraining yet again and who is obsessed with power.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leilondsootherin.png
Re: Avoidable kisses 07/10/2007 11:37 AM CDT
<<Yes - deadly. I... kinda ruined a pretty nice RP I had with someone because the old kiss hand somehow became plain old kiss. Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening or should I just sorta not kiss hands for a while?

OOC <Person>: Whoops, sorry. I meant to kiss you on the hand but stupid demeanor mechanics grumble. Ignore k plz thx?

ACT kisses <person> on the hand.
Re: Avoidable kisses 07/10/2007 11:41 PM CDT
I am certain you mean to be helpful; also, that actually might have worked if OOC was a verb back then, but before I could write

whisper <person> blah blah here's what I typed, sorry... etc...,

I got mindblasted to sleep. Secondly, it was in front of a group of people. I'd be silly to ask each one to ignore what just happened. I just had to roll with it in the wrong direction.