Prev_page Previous 1
31 days of brown nosing 11/30/2007 11:30 PM CST
Recently, and with all my ranks in perception, I've noticed that our Ranger Team has gotten pretty darn sick of our complaints. I might add that it may even effect their motivation in their production for our guild. I also noticed that the last time we praised our Ranger team was Waaaaaaaayyyy back in May.

So, I introduce 31 days of brown nosing. I will, as well as anyone else that would like to join in, brown nose and praise our Ranger Guru's for 31 days straight. Who knows, it might be that little bit of positive motivation they needed in order to finish that certain project they were working on.

So, for my first day I just want to say thank you for being as patient as you are with us. We can be a pretty persistant bunch. Yet for some reason you all take it on the chin and never leave! Rock on!

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg
http://www.thedragonsegg.net

"I won't learn anything - even if I arrange and try to skin it with a trader's caravan"

"Why don't you roleplay a character who is NOT retarded? ~Maje
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/01/2007 07:15 PM CST
Here's to all the great releases, updates, bug fixes, planning, time, energy, bits of love, and especially the creativity that you all have giving our guild and Dragonrealms as a whole.

If I were Puff Daddy I'd throw a killer party and fly all of you in and have a celebration in your honor with expensive booze, hawt chix, and 'fly' rappers. Alas, I can barely make rent this month. Cheers!
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/01/2007 07:26 PM CST
Consider my continued payment for the game my show of support. I know it doesn't necessarily make its way to you guys, but I hope it shows I care. Yeah.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/02/2007 01:18 AM CST
Day 2:

There must be something to be said about our current and past Ranger GMs. They are all so stinkin' good they all get promoted to be bosses of everyone heh...But anyways, props to our GMs for their mastery at coding this crazy game.

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg

"I won't learn anything - even if I arrange and try to skin it with a trader's caravan"

Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/02/2007 01:29 AM CST
While trying to be positive for a change is always a good idea, I think the good effects of your effort might be lost if you insist on calling it brown-nosing.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/02/2007 08:49 AM CST

I'm still impressed Palkin or others haven't taken control of Kalika's, Tolle, etc body, walked into the guild and just killed every one. ;)

Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/02/2007 03:12 PM CST
<<I think the good effects of your effort might be lost if you insist on calling it brown-nosing.>>

Agreed. If I were a Ranger GM, I'd find this "effort" pitiful, if not humorous. In neither case, would I feel inspired.

Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/02/2007 08:11 PM CST
You can't really blame the current GMs, they inherited Treveri's legacy. Plus, rangers have the best skillset arrangement ever, so they must suffer in every other way.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/02/2007 08:25 PM CST
>>Plus, rangers have the best skillset arrangement ever, so they must suffer in every other way.

I disagree completely. Forget armor, give me magic secondary.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/02/2007 08:39 PM CST
>I disagree completely. Forget armor, give me magic secondary.

Bzzt. Fail.

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/02/2007 09:54 PM CST
>Bzzt. Fail.

I knew Vision would chime in on that one.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/03/2007 01:05 AM CST
Day 3

Just want to say thanks for always listening to our ideas and making notes of our thoughts. Just because WE haven't seen development recently doesn't mean things are getting done or that we aren't heard.

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg

Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/03/2007 02:05 AM CST
>Day 3

Oh man, please don't do this for 31 days.

We all appreciate the work the GMs put into the game, and we always want more. That is the way of things. Brown nosing is not the opposite of negativity.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/03/2007 07:56 AM CST
>>I disagree completely. Forget armor, give me magic secondary.

>Bzzt. Fail.

Seriously, what's next you'll want lore secondary?

> Oh man, please don't do this for 31 days.

Congratulations to Gim, he's managed to get this die-hard boardmonkey to ignore a Ranger folder! (at least till the new year)

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
Keeper of the CEC
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/03/2007 09:45 AM CST
I think a case could be made for Barbs having the best skillset were stealth not broken.

So yes, Rangers have the best skillset.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/03/2007 10:58 AM CST
<<So yes, Rangers have the best skillset.

I think so too.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/03/2007 02:56 PM CST
>I think a case could be made for Barbs having the best skillset were stealth not broken.

I agree. 5.7 ranks of hiding per circle and I can't hide melee on hatchlings, yet I can dance with 3 of them all day long with ~20 ranks less multi, evasion, parry and ~40 ranks less shield. All in all, though, I'd still take weapon primary over survival primary strictly for the mindstate benefits.

________
Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/03/2007 10:17 PM CST
Day 4:

In truly appreciate your patients with us in regards to the TM discussions that we have had for over the past 2 months. I was thankful to hear that our Ranger team was on top of things and was looking out for the best interests of our guild. Thanks guys!

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg

Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/04/2007 11:39 AM CST
I can't wait for around day 15 when you start really struggling for compliments.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/04/2007 02:13 PM CST
Think it'll take that long?

___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/04/2007 04:15 PM CST
Man, I don't know what you're on, but expecting any even reasonably sane GM to take "brown nosing" as a compliment (to say nothing of drivel that has no meaning that you intend, I guess, as "complimentary") has got to be the most misguided sentiment I've yet seen on these boards.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/04/2007 04:57 PM CST
I think Gimlias has the right idea.

Thanks GM's. Though you are often silent, and work in mysterious ways, I don't doubt that we are well looked after.

And to be honest here I have started training and playing my Ranger much more since the offline exp drain kicked in.

It's been too long since I did that. There's also a lot of sentimental value to this, as he was my first character.

He's been around since the before web migration but I actually feel like my goal of finally getting him to 50 is achievable now. Even if it is 9 circles away. I see progress now.

Thanks again.

-=Dirge. The diamond ring on the Greater Fist.=-
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/04/2007 11:34 PM CST
Day 5:

I just want to say thank you for keeping the circle reqs the way they are for us. Sure, they are hard and probably one of the hardest in the game to reach on a circle to circle basis, but that's why we are Rangers. That's why, back in the day, reaching that "Ranger" title at circle 30 was such an honor, because you truly felt like you reach something. Thank you for having that vision and seeing it through.

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg

Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/05/2007 07:02 AM CST
>I just want to say thank you for keeping the circle reqs the way they are for us. Sure, they are hard and probably one of the hardest in the game to reach on a circle to circle basis, but that's why we are Rangers.

Oh, I get what we're doing now.

Thank you for continuing to build anticipation for trails in P5. Sure, its been awhile but we will probably appreciate them much more because of the wait.

>That's why, back in the day, reaching that "Ranger" title at circle 30 was such an honor, because you truly felt like you reach something. Thank you for having that vision and seeing it through.

Ah yes, and back in the day the "Guardian" title meant something too. It meant you reached 90th circle as a Ranger. But now it means even MORE. Now it means that you rerolled and joined the Paladin guild, and it doesn't get much more extreme than that.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/05/2007 08:24 AM CST
>>Ah yes, and back in the day the "Guardian" title meant something too. It meant you reached 90th circle as a Ranger. But now it means even MORE. Now it means that you rerolled and joined the Paladin guild, and it doesn't get much more extreme than that.

In fact, it means you rerolled and just recently joined the Paladin Guild. That's how extreme it is.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/05/2007 09:08 AM CST
Thanks for the Wendigo title, the ladies love it. Also, thank you in advance for kicking Prydaens out of the guild. I'm glad we see eye to eye on the fact the Prydaens should be hunted for their pelts, not accepted as a Ranger. There are plenty of openings in the Bard guild for them.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/05/2007 11:11 AM CST
>
Kava sings:

"Why exactly?
What? Why?
Be more constructive with your feedback, please. Why?
Why?"

>

Ahahaha.

Thought it was rich that I was reading this thread, switched to the game, and saw this.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/05/2007 11:42 AM CST
<<Also, thank you in advance for kicking Prydaens out of the guild. I'm glad we see eye to eye on the fact the Prydaens should be hunted for their pelts, not accepted as a Ranger. There are plenty of openings in the Bard guild for them.

Please don't take this thread as a vein to post complaints. That's not what I'm doing. I'm SERIOUSLY paying 'tribute to our ranger gurus' and what I say I mean. The only thing that is a bit sarcastic is maybe the title. I just thought that since its Christmas time and we(I) spend 11 months complaining that I could turn it around for at least one month and say what I'm thankful for.

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg

Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/05/2007 12:17 PM CST
I'm thankful for this thread dying a slow and horrible death
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/05/2007 02:05 PM CST
>Kava sings:

That's from flight of the concords, btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or1jpE3MyFU
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/05/2007 11:50 PM CST
Day 6:

Just want to say thank you for the pace update. I know that it has been in game for a bit now this year but I've only really had to use pace only recently and having that little extra detail about a room is pretty cool.

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg

Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/06/2007 12:34 AM CST
>Just want to say thank you for the pace update. I know that it has been in game for a bit now this year but I've only really had to use pace only recently and having that little extra detail about a room is pretty cool.

I agree that update was very nice, something my ranger uses all the time when he plays.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/06/2007 12:45 AM CST
On that note, pace really needs to be updated. A way to check it from hiding would be a start.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/07/2007 01:10 AM CST
Day 7:

I know that longbows got a nerfed a bit but even still at level they still hit harder than my other blades at level and I can only think that our team had a hand in that. So thank you for watching out for us during that nerf.

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg

Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/07/2007 04:03 AM CST
Special thanks to Daert for all his work on Aesry, that place is almost looking like it might be fit for a ranger some day. though i'm still holding out for trails on it, I think he's doing a great job filling in training gaps and doing things that build community there.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/08/2007 02:07 AM CST
Day 8:

I too wish to say thanks for all the work on Aesry. That place is like a Ranger playground.

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg

Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/08/2007 03:46 AM CST
What has changed about Aesry other than the stairs?

By the way, I figured 400's climbing would do near-instant climbs, but it still takes a few pulses on each step, if anyone was interested.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/09/2007 08:38 AM CST
>By the way, I figured 400's climbing would do near-instant climbs, but it still takes a few pulses on each step, if anyone was interested.

Yes, I was seriously disappointed myself. They're STAIRS. You can run across the entire mainland in the time it takes to get to Aesry from the docks! Consistency would be nice, unless it means increasing travel time everywhere else.
Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/09/2007 05:36 PM CST
Day 9:

Just wanted to say thanks for the coolest guild in P5. That place is pretty darn sweet.

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg

Re: 31 days of brown nosing 12/10/2007 01:19 AM CST
Day 10:

Just want to say thank you for those cool wolf and coon pins that we have access to. They are pretty fun at came at a time when us rangers really needed a bone tossed our way. Thanks for stroking us when you can.

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg

Prev_page Previous 1