A word of thanks... 03/01/2005 05:46 PM CST
I finally got a day off and had a chance to pick up a couple arm shields...

This one goes out in a large part to Ssra (and everyone else who was a part of their inception.. no offense intended if I seem to neglect you, I just don't know who you are!)

I'll skip the things that have been covered and jump right to something that means an awful lot to me, and yet I've heard so little about..

Skinning!

Yep, to be able to use a shield with my scim and not have to wear/remove it every time... or with my LX not having to sacrifice defense to snag that pelt or grab that box... wow, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this. It's hard for me to understand how some rangers seem to think we got the short end of the stick... we may not have every advantage that other guilds have, but we sure as heck have an advantage that suits our guild perfectly.

So, thank you all :)

~Kyrrian

You are wearing some aged leather combat armor with a faint seal over the breastplate, a finely tooled black leather battle cowl with a horned crest, a steel-banded ironwood oval shield, and some black leather gloves.

Considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently unhindered.
Re: A word of thanks... 03/01/2005 08:49 PM CST
Thanks for the kind words. Means a lot, specially when I'm being flamed in another forum. :P

I truly appreciate it.

/salute

-Ssra

The ultimate in reasoning is to come to the realization that there are still an infinite number of things that are unreasonable. -Blaise Pascal
Re: A word of thanks... 03/01/2005 09:23 PM CST
Hey, between the hard coding and the frequent postings (and the few interactions I've had with ya in game) it's my opinion that you've been one of the greatest assets to team DR we've had through the years. Seldom do we find someone so skilled in both IT and CS. Still, I know there's tons of folks behind the scenes that never get credit, so don't let me swell yer head like an ichor rat.

Ya done good, Finnerty.

~Kyrrian
Re: A word of thanks... 03/01/2005 09:31 PM CST
I think we definitely need to have "Ssra Appreciation Day". We can all testify to our favorite Ssra release, and Ssra can drag in the other GMs who do most of the work while he sits and reads the boards.

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
Re: A word of thanks... 03/01/2005 09:51 PM CST
Well, truth be told I do feel very uncomfortable at times. A lot of people help me; it's not solely my doing and I'm no more or less deserving of praise than they are. Usually every release involves at least two to three other folks. Though, don't get me wrong, praise is certainly nice when you're being sent through the ringer elsewhere.

Being the "only" Combat, Creature GM sticks me out like a sore thumb.

/salute

-Ssra

The ultimate in reasoning is to come to the realization that there are still an infinite number of things that are unreasonable. -Blaise Pascal
Re: A word of thanks... 03/01/2005 10:43 PM CST
>Being the "only" Combat, Creature GM sticks me out like a sore thumb.

I'm sure Damissak felt the same way.. there may be a lot of credit (and a lot of responsibility (not to mention the flames)) undeserved that gets placed on ya because you're the front man, but ya don't get (and remain in) that position if yer not an extraordinary GM.

Don't worry, if it makes ya feel any better I'm sure you'll release something that'll make me curse your mother before the year is out ;)

~Kyrrian
Re: A word of thanks... 03/02/2005 03:29 AM CST
*Well, truth be told I do feel very uncomfortable at times. A lot of people help me; it's not solely my doing and I'm no more or less deserving of praise than they are. Usually every release involves at least two to three other folks. Though, don't get me wrong, praise is certainly nice when you're being sent through the ringer elsewhere.

Being the "only" Combat, Creature GM sticks me out like a sore thumb.*

well, being the front man on telling us, you get the blame and the credit.
Brave of you, take the praise, you earned it.
Re: A word of thanks... 03/02/2005 12:10 PM CST
>>Thanks for the kind words. Means a lot, specially when I'm being flamed in another forum. :P

I truly appreciate it.

/salute

-Ssra

The ultimate in reasoning is to come to the realization that there are still an infinite number of things that are unreasonable. -Blaise Pascal<<

I know this is the ranger forum, but as an empath it helps a lot to be able to use a shield and a weapon and still be able to drag people away in a pinch too. Saves lots of lives, mine and theirs

Souv

Collecting commissions...
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Skirr'lolasu has run out."
A sailor walks up to you and says, "Your commission as Captain of the Lybadel has run out."
Re: A word of thanks... 03/02/2005 03:53 PM CST
The fact that your even considering making tanning patterns for the arm models is enough to earn my respect. It is one of the only two releases I am looking forward to, next to careers (to perhaps take my career further, officially).

Signed,
The Shield Crafter
Harome, until our next encounter
Shields sold - 96
Gloves sold - 13
Founder of unlicensed Craftsman business, The Serpent's Endurance.
Re: A word of thanks... 03/06/2005 05:13 PM CST
Dear Ssra,

Please don't get discouraged and leave. We need you! Now having said that, I must state I usually haven't a clue as to what you do, how you do it, and when you get all techy on us, my eyes glaze over like a deer's in the firelight.

But that doesn't mean I don't appeciate whatever it is you do...because I love hunting and even I can understand that what you do makes hunting fun, and better/easier.

And yeah, the arm shields are a really nice thing...guess I shall have to work my shield again.

So thanks Ssra...know that even the average person who doesn't know computer code from morse code appreciates your work. They just don't know it yet. : )

Zinaca---ok, now I did my good deed for the year...::heads back out to the wilderness to find her wolf::
Re: A word of thanks... 03/06/2005 05:38 PM CST
The arm shields rock Ssra. I didn't catch you at Vegas to tell you, but thank you thank you thank you and your team who worked on them. I kinda regret not working shield more often in the past but I'm still loving this.

-Spirit