Consistently The Best 02/02/2004 12:36 PM CST
When I first started, Team Ranger was Treveri and Smitty, I think. Maybe there was someone before them when it was on AOL, I don't remember. The 'Big' Rangers were in the high teens and low twenties (Zovyn, Chiton, Mobius, Tabac, et cetera) and it was thrilling to get all my survival stats above twenty. And, I could track people from the Crossing to Dirge in two seconds. That was cool. Ranger-port. The first companions were compostable. I liked that, too.

Anyway, as someone who has played on and off in different forms for awhile now, I think that the Ranger Team has always been the most consistent, responsive, and creative. I remember when I last went into hibernation, the prospective systems changes were Signing, Scouting, Tanning, and new spells. I come back, and they are ALL implemented, and in ways better than I had imagined. Especially Scouting/New Foraging. The Beseeches were something I never saw coming. Not overpowering, but very nice and good RP tools. And speaking of RP tools, we have a great slew of verbs to use.

Seeing Dritzfury, Forgenash, and Fengreve make 100 was great...but what was greater was seeing the depth and planning of the event leading up to it. The Rangers have always been a good group, sometimes a frustrated group, but always a devoted one. I believe that the interaction between devoted players and creative GMs has produced the strongest guild both in terms of gameplay and role playing. The Barbarians have their weapons, the War Mages their spells, but Rangers...are Rangers.

>applaud rangers
Zanabi raises a flagon of Paklin's brew to the guild in a toast! Cheers!
>howl

Zanabi