Never thought I'd hit it... 09/27/2010 02:42 AM CDT
exp survival all

Total Ranks Displayed: 10000
Survival Average: 714 Skills Included: 14

I remember when a GM confirmed that the survivalist title was 10k survival. I figured I wouldnt play long enough to ever hit it. But I guess it didnt take as long as I thought it would.

With the upcoming skill merger and the combining of stalking/hiding and climbing/swimming, its probably going to be a long time before I hit 10k again.

Also, I still dont have the survivalist title... So maybe it's broken, if a GM wants to take a look at it.

Falker
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/27/2010 04:25 AM CDT
Wow. Just wow.

This idea may have worked in another time and another place, but here it immediately fell on its face and went "Durp durp." - Armifer
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/27/2010 06:27 AM CDT
>>Also, I still dont have the survivalist title... So maybe it's broken, if a GM wants to take a look at it.

My guess is Backstab/Scouting don't apply.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/27/2010 07:47 AM CDT
Yeah it seemed scouting wasn't included. So its another 1000 ranks for me before i get it... well 1000 plus.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/27/2010 09:09 AM CDT
COUGAR, is your character in Prime or TF?

Your skills seem pretty crazy so I've decided that you're my new rival to match.

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/27/2010 12:37 PM CDT
Cougar's in Prime. And yes, that is impressive!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/27/2010 12:56 PM CDT
<<My guess is Backstab/Scouting don't apply.

Your guess would be correct. Someone confirmed it in TF. I just didnt know. So I probably wont be hitting the title before the skill merger, making it a long way away for me. Oh well.

Falker
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/27/2010 01:19 PM CDT
<<COUGAR, is your character in Prime or TF?

I'm in prime.

Falker
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/27/2010 11:32 PM CDT
Congrats Falk - thats an amazing achievement.

My guess is you'll get the title before the merger. But after me
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/28/2010 01:08 AM CDT
Yeah, guild-only skills don't count. It's a silly-hard req. Hopefully it'll be adjusted appropriately after the skill merger. I'm at 8724 myself, not counting scouting or backstabbing. I need to backtrain some survivals.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/29/2010 10:25 PM CDT
Huge congrats!

On the Survivalist title:

At least XXXXX ranks in Total of Valid Survival (incl Stealing)

That said -- you don't have enough ranks. :-)

SGM Audacia

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/30/2010 11:45 AM CDT
Nice work, buddy.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/30/2010 12:47 PM CDT
WOW congrats Falker! And I think it sucks that only "valid" skills apply. Survival should be survival and include all skills that are in it, that rangers can train actively (so not backstab since we can't train it except in classes).

And Cougar, I think I'm jealous. That's awesome in Prime.

Falker--perhaps when they combine theh skills, perhaps, and I know I'm being optimistic, the GMs will redo the Survivalist title reqs so it wouldn't take forever to get it. Anyways huge congrats and Lucky howled a congrats too and a reminder to please not kill him eh?

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 09/30/2010 08:59 PM CDT
Thanks guys. I remember when the titles first came out, and I figured the game wouldnt be around long enough for me to hit that one, lol.

I've calculated that taking out scouting, I would need around 800-900ish more survival to hit the title's 10k. I'll probably be losing around 1700 survival ranks if/when the stalking/hiding and swimming/climbing merger happens. So I figured I'll need 2500 more survival (with 2 less survival skills) to train. I wont be hitting the survivalist title anytime soon, but I wont say never this time. I'd also argue it is probably the hardest overall title to hit in the game.

Falker
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 10/01/2010 06:35 AM CDT
Maybe they will change it to include all the survival skills when the skills are merged?

-pete
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 10/13/2010 11:35 AM CDT
A bit late to the discussion, but congrats are in order - Very nice work Falker! Thats a very small club up there, and mostly full of fallen characters anyhow. You might be the only prime character to have 10000 survival I'd bet. Now stop slacking and get back to work!

Lhun
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 10/14/2010 12:05 AM CDT
<<You might be the only prime character to have 10000 survival I'd bet

Nah. Calg hit it, and before I did. It is possible we are the only two that have hit it in prime so far, but I know a few that are within 1000-1500 ranks.

Falker
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 10/14/2010 12:06 AM CDT
And thanks to everyone for the kudos. I appreciated it.

Falker
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 10/15/2010 10:08 PM CDT
Do not mention the Calgbot in more than hushed reverant whispers lest ye wish to be smote. The Calgbot is all knowing. The Calgbot is all seeing. All praise the Calgbot and tremble in fear.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 10/16/2010 10:19 PM CDT
Specialsauces, arent you the one that claimed to make 100th in 3 months?

Thank you.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 10/17/2010 11:41 AM CDT
>>Specialsauces, arent you the one that claimed to make 100th in 3 months?

No, I hit 100 in around 9 months.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 10/17/2010 02:00 PM CDT
>>Specialsauces, arent you the one that claimed to make 100th in 3 months?

No, I hit 100 in around 9 months.>>

Gawks and gulps! Was this in Prime?

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 10/17/2010 03:48 PM CDT
<<Gawks and gulps! Was this in Prime?

Under the new Exp system, that isnt hard to do, even in prime, if you play enough hours a day.

0-500 ranks is < 12 months at 12-15 hours a day.

Falker
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 10/17/2010 05:05 PM CDT
Just gotta find someone to support you while you ignore them and play DR 15 hours a day. And a very supportive cushion so your bum doesn't get tired from sitting.

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Jalika, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you. You are free to go. Guards, please return this woman's things.
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 10/17/2010 05:34 PM CDT
>>Just gotta find someone to support you while you ignore them and play DR 15 hours a day. And a very supportive cushion so your bum doesn't get tired from sitting.

Or the right kind of work at home job, a nice script, and multiple monitors.

Yay for being a web-designer!

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!" - Rorschach
Re: Never thought I'd hit it... 10/17/2010 08:37 PM CDT
>>Or the right kind of work at home job, a nice script, and multiple monitors.

Just don't elect to write your scripts without user-required-continuation, forget about them, and go to bed. >,<

This idea may have worked in another time and another place, but here it immediately fell on its face and went "Durp durp." - Armifer