First? 07/28/2010 09:17 PM CDT
So ...

Showing Animal Lore experience:
Animal Lore: 600 03.11% learning (3/34)

Really curious as per where all those bits are going to end up. Must find another awful skill to train ...

- Saracus
Re: First? 07/28/2010 09:46 PM CDT
::gawk-faint-thud!::

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: First? 07/29/2010 04:52 AM CDT
Good god. I do NOT have that much patience!

Holy cow Saracus. That's impressive.

"Never steal from someone carrying more weapons than you have lessons in evasion."

No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: First? 07/29/2010 11:44 AM CDT
Saracus, you know you are crazy right? Dang that's a lot of stick practice with your wolf! Geez I can't even stand sending my wolf to sleep and bringing him back to pick up sticks more than 4 times! And I roleplay with my wolf!

I'm curious then, what are you top 5 survivals? I'm guessing they are all odd...like climbing swimming, AL, forage, scouting...right?

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky who fainted at the thought of picking up so many sticks! (Ok he didn't faint, wolves don't faint, but he looked downright started and ran for cover).
Re: First? 07/29/2010 06:06 PM CDT
Yep pretty much. Here are my top 10 skills:

Climbing
Scouting
Foraging
Swimming
Perception
Animal Lore
Hiding
Stalking
First Aid
Evasion

And for those looking for numbers:
http://drp.whistlethis.com/v.php?def=527

Scouting is near impossible for me to train effectively now, so I haven't really trained that skill much in the last 9-10 months. I've set a few combat goals for myself, so I'll be focusing on those the next while.

- Saracus
Re: First? 07/30/2010 11:44 AM CDT
How did you get so much scouting? Was this from running trails back in the days when you could actually learn from running trails?

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky, who I can't find now cuz he is hiding deep in the forest hoping I won't set him to picking up sticks non stop for the rest of his life.
Re: First? 07/30/2010 01:15 PM CDT
>How did you get so much scouting? Was this from running trails back in the days when you could actually learn from running trails?

Running trails doesn't teach less than it did in the past, you can just absorb the experience faster. We've been over this about 100 times now.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: First? 07/30/2010 04:53 PM CDT
I bet she's so glad she asked you
Re: First? *NUDGE* 07/30/2010 08:18 PM CDT
Let's keep it civil, please.

If you have any questions, please email either myself (MOD-Sidatura@play.net) or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net).

~Sidatura

All are lunatics, but he who can analyse his delusions is called a philosopher. --Ambrose Bierce
Re: First? 07/31/2010 12:32 PM CDT
About the trails, I didn't know that. So sue me ok?

And I still think running trails teaches less than hunt verb.

Zinaca and her wolf,Lucky
Re: First? 07/31/2010 08:05 PM CDT
>And I still think running trails teaches less than hunt verb.

This is correct. Hunt does teach better than running trails. Trails were never a great way to train scouting, only the best we had. Hunt is adequate, but it would be nice if we had a more effective way to train via trails. Scouting remains slower to train than other skills.

-pete
Re: First? 07/31/2010 08:31 PM CDT
Pete, you'n I rarely agree on things...but damn dude. I could not have said that any better.

"Never steal from someone carrying more weapons than you have lessons in evasion."

No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: First? 07/31/2010 10:08 PM CDT
Hunt was good for the first 300 or so ranks. Slowed way down after that.
Re: First? 07/31/2010 10:20 PM CDT
I'll have to take your word for it. I had more then 300 ranks when hunt was introduced. Running trails worked for me up to about 500 ranks, which was about the time hunt was introduced. Since then, I have gained maybe 8 or 9 ranks total in scouting. I am sure hunt teaches better then what I learn from it, but I would rather gain the combat exp, and I can't seem to kill what I hunt fast enough before the next critter spawns to be able to use hunt effectively.

Be nice if PTMs taught alot more then they do. And would be nice if we could create permanent ones too, or at least longer lasting.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: First? 08/01/2010 07:28 AM CDT
Doing my best to optimize exp from hunt and doing nothing to optimize my evasion exp after 89 minutes of combat:

Scouting: 652 77.73% dabbling (1/34)
Evasion: 688 80.16% riveted (28/34)

:( Hunt is ok but we really need more ways to train scouting. A few more awesome uses for it wouldn't hurt either. Here's hoping the skill combine leaves us in a position to expand the uses of scouting.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: First? 08/01/2010 04:34 PM CDT
In my opinion, trails should teach scouting much better as there are quite a few rangers like Saracus who aren't combant motivated. This guild has always had a tradition of letting us follow our own paths to advance and giving those rangers who don't like combat too much a way of training it outside of combats would be a good idea. GMs please listen eh?

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky, who is STILL the better scouter/tracker : ( nah really : D I"m so proud of him!
Re: First? *NUDGE 2* 08/01/2010 08:53 PM CDT
Keep it on topic, please.

If you have any questions, please email either myself (MOD-Sidatura@play.net) or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net).

~Sidatura

All are lunatics, but he who can analyse his delusions is called a philosopher. --Ambrose Bierce
Re: First? *NUDGE 3: POST HIDDEN* 08/02/2010 09:12 PM CDT
A post has been hidden. Please feel free to continue this discussion in another folder or thread.

~Sidatura