Prev_page Previous 1
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/25/2011 09:41 AM CDT
Gratz man. Long time in coming.

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. --John Wayne
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/25/2011 12:12 PM CDT
Oh great! Congratulations!!! Wow only rolled up in 2004--how did you manage 150 so fast. And I remember when you were in diapers...I feel so proud of you. So now what will you do?

I'm curious though--when you circled, did the guildleader give you a nice lecture and hug like they do when you circle 100? If not--they should! (GMs please note and code such).

::much hugging and kissing and pinching of cheeks, making Han blush::

Zinaca and her young raccoon, Shadow
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/25/2011 12:25 PM CDT
>Zinaca

Hah, I don't think 7+ years is fast at all! I am enjoying the lack of circle based motivation to do some work with the new crafting systems. They're great and I can't wait till tanning arrives. Also, no special speech.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/25/2011 02:06 PM CDT
Awesome job. Way to go, Hanryu.
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/25/2011 02:54 PM CDT
That's good work, Han. It's nice to mark that off the goal list to focus on other projects for a while.

Kaxis

http://www.tinyurl.com/kaxisforgedarmor

That's it for now folks, but tune in tomorrow for another thrilling, action-packed episode of... Prospect Danger!
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/25/2011 03:28 PM CDT
Nice job Hanryu :)

I could have sworn you were a lot closer to 50,000 TDPs though. Weren't you aiming for that?

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/25/2011 05:25 PM CDT
Thanks everyone!

>I could have sworn you were a lot closer to 50,000 TDPs though. Weren't you aiming for that?

No, but I am working on capping some more stats though.
Strength : 62 Reflex : 90
Agility : 99 Charisma : 40
Discipline : 99 + Wisdom : 60
Intelligence : 60 Stamina : 60

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/25/2011 09:20 PM CDT
<<<Hah, I don't think 7+ years is fast at all!>>>

Id have to disagree, but then I only play weekends. But then considering the changes over the last couple of years, and rangers being dumbed down to be more in line with other guilds, maybe not. I am more proud of 50th under Trev in two years, then I am of the 90+ circles I have gained since 1999. Good job though. Congrats.

Asterid
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/26/2011 12:30 AM CDT
Yay Hanryu!

Nikpack
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/26/2011 07:34 PM CDT
Han, really 7 years is fast, I think. After all I have rolled Zinaca in 1997 or early 1998 and am still not 150th. I wish Zairius would work. Any time I want to deflate my ego, I compute my current skills to the old ranger reqs. So far, I would be 10 circles lower at least.

But that doesn't take anything away from your achievement! And Han, please talk to a GM or 3 and see if they won't work up a little congratulations at 150th? I mean they really should! Even if the speech only ends with "Get out of here and I don't wanna see yer face again". : D

Zinaca and her young raccoon, Shadow who chitters madly at you as you run by---I think she is congratulating you but hey, my raccoon is pretty basic.
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/27/2011 02:44 PM CDT
<<And why not! Finally hit 150! I had to go look, but I rolled Hanryu Feb of 2004.

Outstanding! Congrats.

Madigan
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/27/2011 04:13 PM CDT
That's awesome.

Re: Tooting my own horn 06/27/2011 06:58 PM CDT
Under the new exp system, new training methods, and putting in 10-12 hours a day on average - Someone could probably circle chase to 150 in 2-2.5 years. Obviously Han is a lot better trained than someone that is just trying to circle, but I'm sure it could be done. I'd wager in TF it could be done in less than a year.

Falker
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/27/2011 09:41 PM CDT
Congrats, Han. I remember when you were just a tadpole. ;)

~V

___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
Re: Tooting my own horn 06/30/2011 06:26 PM CDT
Awesome job!
Tooting my own horn 04/01/2008 09:23 PM CDT
>ask kal about exp

The guild leader says, "Not yet, not yet, things are not yet prepared for the challenge that you must pass in order to advance beyond this point. Come back another time."

Finally made it!

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/01/2008 09:29 PM CDT
Congrats!

~Dulcinia

Not everyone comes here to hug and smooch and give pretend birth on the floor of the bank in Ratha.
-Galren Moonskin

Scouts do not allow men to kiss other men, for example, which in my mind is a huge limitation. ~Mvorn
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/01/2008 09:36 PM CDT
Congrats!!!

Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/02/2008 04:09 AM CDT
Wow. Vision, congrats man.

Show us the skills and stats!

-Teeklin
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/02/2008 06:54 AM CDT
Awesome. Take a victory lap around Elanthia.

~
A baby sand spider crawls out of Alexii's silk-wrapped chainmail and crawls through a crack in the deck in search of its mother.
>
(Tiso snatchs up the spider and sets it aside for later.)
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/02/2008 07:47 AM CDT
Congrats. Hopefully I'll be hitting that mark soon.

"So like I said, don't take it personally. All cultures have their share of fools. It's just that we always felt yours had a lot more than ours."
~~Warrior Mage Guild Leader Senfrislor, The Prydaen in Their Own Words~~
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/02/2008 07:53 AM CDT
Nice work, Vision.

(ps this post reminded me I had an excel sheet for you, check your play.net email)

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Ambassador of the Ilithi Court, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, ... still a Ranger
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/02/2008 09:18 AM CDT
>Wow. Vision, congrats man.

>Show us the skills and stats!

I know he only made it to 98 discipline, for which I will have to tease him mercilessly.
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/02/2008 10:30 AM CDT
Congratulations, Vision!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/02/2008 08:43 PM CDT
Thanks guys!

Rather than clutter up these boards, I've posted Vision's info for those interested at http://tribehawk.com/vision.html

Hanryu, I'll start working through that spreadsheet and updating the database as I get around to it, thanks much for the data!

Cop, h8.

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/02/2008 10:20 PM CDT
I feel better about not training strength past 40 now. 5 favors. LOL.

~Dulcinia

Not everyone comes here to hug and smooch and give pretend birth on the floor of the bank in Ratha.
-Galren Moonskin

Scouts do not allow men to kiss other men, for example, which in my mind is a huge limitation. ~Mvorn
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/03/2008 06:43 AM CDT
If you had to do it all over again, what would you do different? Guide me Obi Wan...

Would you train strength past 30? What order would you get those stats up in? Any survivals you wish you had switched out?

-Teeklin
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/03/2008 06:36 PM CDT
>I feel better about not training strength past 40 now. 5 favors. LOL.

Haha yeah. Looking back, Skra was probably not the smartest choice all those years ago, but hey, I ran with it. My favor/death count is highly skewed, as I have a rezzing Cleric and Empath every time I die. :P

>If you had to do it all over again, what would you do different?

There are a few things I kinda wish I had done differently, and some of them I may even check out by backtraining. The first, though, is race choice. The S'kra reflex bonus was helpful, but definitely not worth the trade-off in int/wis in the long run. I have a Gnome Ranger that I play with sometimes, and we'll see how that choice compares.

I've had no issues with keeping strength low, once I get my disc/agil capped out, and work on my int/wis/cha some, I may revisit it. I tended to keep my stats pretty even up into the 50/60 range, and after that just concentrated on refl/disc/agil.

As far as skills are concerned, I have no misgivings about concentrating on combat so heavily- granted, with the proposed req change, I'd be pretty much screwed, but the 9/10th survival reqs seem to be much more reasonable for me to bring up, say, climbing/swimming/foraging to meet them. I'd like to train climbing and swimming up so that I can do things like climb to Shard and any new swimming areas they may open for travel.

In overall terms, I'd like to have more mech, and considering I didn't start training MD until 100th circle, I could have more of that as well.

I wish I'd spent more time keeping longbow up with my other two weapons, and taken up shield. A lot easier to do now with armworn shields available. Brawling, I could go either way on, but considering the difficulties backtraining when you bring it up, I'm ok with not training it. Having a blunt or even QS would be nice as well.

Overall, I'm happy with the way Vision's turned out. Maybe I could have explored the companion system a bit more, but honestly, there's not enough up-side to make it worth my time. I did get all the Beseeches, mostly for the titles, as they're not especially useful to me in everyday life either.

I'm taking some time to explore other Guilds now- I've already taken MM and Ranger to end-game, and I have a 100+ Empath, and like 80th Cleric. I'm trying my hand at Barb, and maybe I'll dust off my Thief to check out the new khri system, although those hard reqs in box skills just kill me- I'm not too hot on disarm/lockpick. I was even thinking of starting a Bard!

And... that concludes Vision's Thoughts on Life for today!

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/03/2008 08:41 PM CDT
That's a great accomplishment. Congratulations and well done!

-=Dirge. The diamond ring on the Greater Fist.=-
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/04/2008 11:22 AM CDT
Vision - you mentioned wishing you had kept Longbow up, is that because of TDPs/Having another weapon really high, or you feel SB wasn't the right choice? My Ranger is currently LB main, in the process of switching to SB, so i'm kind of curious.
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/04/2008 01:08 PM CDT
Keeping longbow up is purely a matter of being able to train 3 weapons in the same area- as it currently stands, I have to go back into like polo if I want to do any work on longbow. I went sbow prime from the get-go, and never looked back.

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/04/2008 01:57 PM CDT
>I went sbow prime from the get-go, and never looked back.

A wise choice, I regret longbow.
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/04/2008 02:28 PM CDT
Awesome, good to hear from someone with that many SB ranks. As i said, i'm currently LB main, but making the switch to SB. I prefer the short RT for dual loading/loading in hiding, and the fatigue hit is much better for my style of hunting - i snipe to train stealth, but when it comes to locking bow, i just wait for a melee weapon stun, then load/fire until dead.
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/04/2008 06:35 PM CDT
>>A wise choice, I regret longbow.

Having a friend with near equal skills and stats only I use LB and he uses SB, I'm able to see pretty well the differences. I prefer longbow just because I land WAY more one-hit kills with LB than he does with SB. And while it isn't ideal for training, I train to pvp I don't train to train.

-Teeklin
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/04/2008 06:50 PM CDT
Vision, congrats. That is some outstanding skills. And to have circled mostly off of hunting. That is very impressive.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/10/2008 08:49 PM CDT
I'm a bit late on the reply to this topic but is Vision apart of The Fallen, or with us regular Joe's in Prime/Platinum? Super impressive if not in The Fallen.
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/11/2008 12:37 AM CDT
Vision is in the the fallen. But hes super-impressive because...

1. Hes Vision!

2. He made 150th.

3. He did it circling off just combat skills.

4. Ackolon is the only other 150th ranger? Correct me if I am wrong.

5. 150th is admirable for a ranger or any guild in any instance.

Asterid

PS sorry if I missed any other Vision is great because reasons. Feel free to add on.

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/11/2008 01:10 AM CDT
I came across wrong... It is still very impressive to reach 150 in any instance! What is the highest Ranger in Prime?
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/11/2008 05:42 AM CDT
A weak elf who is probably 2 circles shy of 150 by now. I know there are maybe 3 other at the 140 range. Beyon that I'm clueless.

"So like I said, don't take it personally. All cultures have their share of fools. It's just that we always felt yours had a lot more than ours."
~~Warrior Mage Guild Leader Senfrislor, The Prydaen in Their Own Words~~
Re: Tooting my own horn 04/11/2008 11:44 AM CDT
I am indeed in TF.

PS your check's in the mail Asterid

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Prev_page Previous 1