What to hunt next? 02/07/2012 02:23 PM CST

Shinumo brings his fist to his shoulder and then holds a flat palm above his eyes.

Greets rangers,
looking for some hunting advice on where/what to hunt next. currently sniping away at shalswar and DP zealots/sentinels.
locking longbow has become quite slow. those critters are good spawn, but i think i'm ready for something more challenging. What is suggested that i can hunt in Ilithi and/or P5? I dont care about boxes but do need something skinnable. loot carrying critter is a bonus, certainly not neccessary.
pertinent info:
longbow 410
hide 443
stalk 421
evasion 416
plus always buffed with EM, SOTT, STW, WOTP and SOP
56 agility and reflex

defenses/armor are about 50 ranks less, plenty easy to train them in gryphons or shalswar still, just looking for a new sniping ground. no problem keeping hidden on DP/shalswar sniping at melee even with a chain head piece and gloves.

thanks for any help
Re: What to hunt next? 02/08/2012 03:02 PM CST
I'd consider celpeze on ratha, or perhaps spirit dancers, in shard.

No Ranger Stands Alone.
Re: What to hunt next? 02/08/2012 04:38 PM CST
Apes in boar clan, Shadow beasts in Haven swamp, or even Sky Giants in theren.

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: What to hunt next? 02/10/2012 01:32 PM CST
Apes will probably tear him up, 416 Evasion, 360's parry/shield?

If you're only using longbow you should be good in Zealots. Need about 350's weapons ~ 60 agility to hit them through their parry though.
Re: What to hunt next? 02/10/2012 05:03 PM CST
funny you should say that. I started hunting apes with almost exactly that, sott, sop, and Maf do wonders for the ranger hunting ability

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: What to hunt next? 02/10/2012 05:30 PM CST

Would do fine with bow, however melee you won't damage them, Shalwar/DP area will take you to 500ish weapons. Celps are about the best option. Mid 360ish parry/shield is iffy even spelled up in apes.
Re: What to hunt next? 02/10/2012 06:57 PM CST

thanks for the suggestions. dont think i'm up to apes yet. tried dancers, no problem there, just annoying when they drag the dead away. shadow beasts are good as well, just another pet peeve of non hunting zone and maze. zombie stompers are a pretty well match, just no skinning. I get claustrophobic on islands so I know i'm cutting myself short of some hunting zones. so for now i'm eeking it out in shalswar/DP which is fine as long as no one is killing the spawn rate. when i get bored i run up to stompers. Once my defenses get on par i'll try apes.
Re: What to hunt next? 02/10/2012 08:21 PM CST
Around your skills, I hunted basilisks until about 450, then went to young griffons in rossmans. Started apes and storm bulls around 480 or so. Young griffons will teach until about 550 though.

Asterid
Re: What to hunt next? 02/21/2012 09:24 AM CST
>If you're only using longbow you should be good in Zealots. Need about 350's weapons ~ 60 agility to hit them through their parry though.

I've been killing them just fine with far less than that in both and not using debuffs.

>Would do fine with bow, however melee you won't damage them, Shalwar/DP area will take you to 500ish weapons. Celps are about the best option. Mid 360ish parry/shield is iffy even spelled up in apes.

I'm finding that learning is getting horribly slow in Shalswar/DPs around 360 in weapons. Defenses (except shield) really took a dive in the mid-400's, also. I do really well there with my tert weapon at 315, however. Basilisks didn't train any better last time I hunted them for fletching materials, especially on defenses.

Last time I tried apes, I wasn't able to hurt them with 350's in melee weapons, but they were getting consistent light hits in on me with high 400's to mid-500's in defenses and all the buffs (EM, SOTT, SOP, WOTP, MAF).

Zombies worked well, but hey, no skinning.

I'm also in the NO ISLANDS camp. Just haven't had time to risk death to find a new place to train.

-pete