Indestructible Meys 02/07/2010 04:17 PM CST
OK... I'm in Moss Meys in Aesry and alternating between them when my weapons run outta... erm... power.
Standing around waiting for them to drop dead of their wounds turned out to be be futile.

>app other me
You are certain that the moss mey is healthy. [!!!]
The moss mey has a couple major wounds.
You are certain that it is somewhat less agile than you are.
You are certain that it is not quite as quick to react as you are.
You are certain that it is not quite as strong as you are.
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a ruby red sword, you are certain that the moss mey is a less skilled opponent.
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with a ruby red sword, you are certain that the moss mey is a difficult opponent

>l other me
You see a moss mey.
The moss mey has some moderately deep cuts about the head, deep slashes across the left arm, an ugly stump for a right leg, tiny scratches to the left leg, deep cuts across the right hand, a shattered left hand with gaping wounds, gaping holes in the chest area, deep cuts across the abdomen.
The moss mey is bleeding slightly from the right hand, badly from the left hand, slightly from the head, profusely from the right leg, from the left arm, from the abdomen, with slight bruising in the right leg and badly from the chest.
It is wearing a silvery woven-leaf gown.
It is carrying nothing!

If that was me with all those leaks, I'd be toast in a few short anlas.

As it is, they just looked at me and giggled.
Not a thing I could do about it except walk back to town.

Galivant, Olvi Ranger
Re: Indestructible Meys 02/07/2010 06:12 PM CST
Aren't Moss Meys undead? And therefore require blessed weapons? If so, why are you hunting there? Surely there are other options that can accomplish the training you need without using blessed weapons. In the 10 years or however long it's been that I've been playing DR, I've never hunted Moss Meys so there may be some other appeal to them that I'm not aware of.

<<DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG. >>

You flat out, absolutely, 100% have no idea what you're talking about.

Solomon
Re: Indestructible Meys 02/07/2010 06:31 PM CST
>>Aren't Moss Meys undead? And therefore require blessed weapons? If so, why are you hunting there? Surely there are other options that can accomplish the training you need without using blessed weapons. In the 10 years or however long it's been that I've been playing DR, I've never hunted Moss Meys so there may be some other appeal to them that I'm not aware of.

They swarm like crazy and have loot. I agree with the udnead thing. IMO unless you're a cleric, have a pet cleric or are a paladin who only trains brawling hunting undead isn't really worth it. Premium members have an advantage now with those alabastar flasks but hopefully someday there will be bless rags available for everyone and undead hunting will be more viable for the masses.
Re: Indestructible Meys 02/08/2010 07:56 PM CST
>>Aren't Moss Meys undead? And therefore require blessed weapons? If so, why are you hunting there? Surely there are other options that can accomplish the training you need without using blessed weapons

Actually I was referring my blessed weapons (courtesy of a friendly cleric).
When they run out of power, they are useless in Meys. I need to learn evasion and armor, and they are teaching me well.

The point was that no matter how much damage you've done to a Moss Mey, they will eventually completely recover, even if they continue to have numerous massive bleeding wounds. That would never happen to me... Standing around when you can't hit em any more hoping they will die, just doesn't work.

Gallivant, Olvi Ranger
Re: Indestructible Meys 02/08/2010 08:14 PM CST
>>The point was that no matter how much damage you've done to a Moss Mey, they will eventually completely recover, even if they continue to have numerous massive bleeding wounds. That would never happen to me... Standing around when you can't hit em any more hoping they will die, just doesn't work.

I can do that with my empath that has 99 stamina and discipline. Guess Moss Meys just have incredibly high stamina.
Re: Indestructible Meys 02/08/2010 09:03 PM CST
<<<Actually I was referring my blessed weapons (courtesy of a friendly cleric).>>>

Not sure if all undead critter do this (bleed forever with wounds) but I can tell you Moss Meys have been behaving this way for a long time. Well, since I last hunted them. Which would have been when Aesry opened up. 98? 99? They did the same thing to me too, when my bless ran out.

Asterid.

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Indestructible Meys 02/08/2010 09:04 PM CST
>>The point was that no matter how much damage you've done to a Moss Mey, they will eventually completely recover, even if they continue to have numerous massive bleeding wounds. That would never happen to me... Standing around when you can't hit em any more hoping they will die, just doesn't work.

They're undead. You know this? They don't adhere to the same rules as living critters regarding loss of vital fluids.

"I hate you so much right now." -GM Armifer