What to train? 11/26/2009 09:13 AM CST
So, I'm finding myself with an excess of tdps. Yay weapons training.

Most times I would just bug Hanryu on IM's about what I should focus on. This time I'll ask the forums. I dont sell my own skins too often. I dont use a bow, but do frequently backtrain my LX. Melee primary, medium arm-worn shield, LC main Leather backup. I dont find myself using spells alot. I keep WoTP and SoTT up almost 100%, but dont use the others too much. Finding my learning rate to be adequate. Hope that helps.

Strength : 42 Reflex : 40
Agility : 40 Charisma : 23
Discipline : 36 Wisdom : 34
Intelligence : 35 Stamina : 42

Alexii points at a Velakan slaver and shouts, "Another one! Don't let it get away!"
Re: What to train? 11/26/2009 09:23 AM CST
Charisma, lots of Charisma.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: What to train? 11/26/2009 11:41 AM CST
If you get your TDPs from weapons training you probably have more than enough defenses to handle your current hunting ground. From that perspective i'd suggest AGILITY. It will help you hit your opponents better.

Are you into PvP?

If you're into PvP, then i'd add REFLEX and DISCIPLINE to my suggestions. If not, then just train whatever helps your normal daily tasks if you feel any of them is not up to par (Boxes, skinning, stealing, stealths, swimming, etc) or save the TDPs for when you climb the "creature ladder" in case you need to increase reflex and agility.

As for charisma... it shouldn't be neglected but, as far as i've seen, the penalties for keeping it low are fairly mild for Rangers. It helps your contested spells and also helps defend against contested spells but that can be overcome by increasing some other stats anyway.
Re: What to train? 11/26/2009 12:30 PM CST
Agreed with Charisma, since you use WoTP.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: What to train? 11/26/2009 04:57 PM CST
> Charisma, go ahead and waste your TDPs.

Fixt that for ya!

Train your Reflex and Discipline to match the cost of your agility.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Tolle says, "Yup yup, 'bout time. What the heck took you so long?"