Halp! 11/23/2009 12:57 PM CST
Well with the last reset Fleshies are back mixed in with the west gate undead in shard, so my super-awesome hunting ground is hosed :( I need a critter to move some melee weapons from 400 to 450, fast. My only two requirements are 1) mainland and 2) not-city (ranger-neutral is ok). Defenses are a good 100 ranks higher, but I don't care if those move or not, trying to get offense and defense a little more lined up actually.

Any suggestions?

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Tolle says, "Yup yup, 'bout time. What the heck took you so long?"
Re: Halp! 11/23/2009 05:07 PM CST
I posted in the creature folder too but Orc Raider should work though may have to ambush/web/bb since they like to parry unless you have high agility or some of the DP's around Raven's Point may work too.
Re: Halp! 11/23/2009 06:46 PM CST
<<<I need a critter to move some melee weapons from 400 to 450, fast. >>>

I can still lock my weapons in Rossmans gryphon area off the young, mature and adult gryphons fairly quickly, with more skill. Nice thing about them is they are skinnable, drop coins and gems, and fair amount of other stuff, such as scrolls, cards, dira, etc. and they swarm pretty good if you just killing.

Also, I can lock skinning, stalking, hiding, armor really easy too. Skinning is in the 460s. Hiding, stalking and armor is much higher. Evasion stopped around 550, otherwise I would still hunt them all the time.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Halp! 11/24/2009 05:27 AM CST
If shals don't work out I'll head north and try raiders and Rossmans gryphons a shot. What level should I be on for the young/mature mix?

~Hunter Hanryu
Re: Halp! 11/24/2009 07:06 AM CST
>>If shals don't work out I'll head north and try raiders and Rossmans gryphons a shot. What level should I be on for the young/mature mix?

High 200's? You're plenty high enough, as I hunt them regularly. In fact, I'm curious if you'll truly be able to move weapons that high here at all without going up to the flying ones.

SEND[Bramoir] Okay, you are all set, just make sure you use your name for the powers of good okay?
Re: Halp! 11/24/2009 11:21 AM CST
Heh, I meant what level of the trees/cliffs/whatever they are, not ranks! Don't worry about it though. Shals were way to low (1 kill was less exp than a single pulse) so I'm betting y.gryphons won't be any better. Boosted my agil to 90 and changed my script to not use halberd if it's targeting a dancer. This seems to be working out.

~Hunter Hanryu
Re: Halp! 11/24/2009 08:37 PM CST
Climb chimney, climb handhold, up, east climb rope, and then stay in the area to the east. Its young, mature and adult (watch out for the stun from adults) only in this area. I doubt specialsauces hunts there, because I can assure, I have no problem locking longbow at around 500 ranks.

Asterid

Re: Halp! 11/25/2009 12:38 AM CST
>> I doubt specialsauces hunts there, because I can assure, I have no problem locking longbow at around 500 ranks.

If the stun wasn't more annoying than the knockdown I would, it gets crowded down below.

SEND[Bramoir] Okay, you are all set, just make sure you use your name for the powers of good okay?
Re: Halp! 11/25/2009 07:02 PM CST
<<<If the stun wasn't more annoying than the knockdown I would, it gets crowded down below.>>>

Its not really that annoying. I am usually out of the stun about 2 or 3 seconds after the gryphon. Plus I am usually there for weapons, so as soon as they come in, I aim, stalk and snipe. If the first shot doesn't kill them, it at least stunned them long enough for me to reload and get off the second. I hate the knockdown from the matures more, but only get affected by that when I turn evasion down to learn shield and parry.

Asterid

Re: Halp! 11/26/2009 03:03 AM CST
Basilisks should work in that range too.

Falker