Hunting for boxes 10/17/2009 10:50 AM CDT
I'm looking for an hunting area with creatures that drop a good amount of boxes in the 200-230 skill range.

It must be out of town, have a very good spawn rate and not require blessed weapons to hit. If possible, they should have no shield.

Any advice?
Re: Hunting for boxes 10/17/2009 10:52 AM CDT
>I'm looking for an hunting area with creatures that drop a good amount of boxes in the 200-230 skill range.

Orc bandits? Orc Raiders? Both are in Rossman area.
Re: Hunting for boxes 10/17/2009 10:57 AM CDT
Laches have boxes that teach like that, if you can get into the area and if it's ranger-friendly.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Hunting for boxes 10/19/2009 05:12 AM CDT
stay out of laches.

It's not ranger friendly, the critters are buggier'n hell, and it's a real pain in the butt to rescue you if you die.

try the orcs on rossmans.

No Ranger Stands Alone.

MM2/SS, USN
Re: Hunting for boxes 10/19/2009 09:28 AM CDT
Thanks for the input

I hadnt even thought of these 2 options. Scout ogres seem to be right about my weapon's skill level and should be great for boxes if i can find enough of them. How's the spawn rate in there?

Laches would be great if it wasnt for the bugs and difficulty getting into the area. I thought they were in a neutral zone, as far as the ranger bonus is concerned. Is it negative?

Another question... Forest Geni. How's the spawn rate in there? Last time i tried, about 1 year ago, i couldnt find enough of them.
I'd check myself but the ranger is out on the islands for the next few days.
Re: Hunting for boxes 10/19/2009 11:13 AM CDT
Forest Geni's over the deadfall aren't bad but even with the gen of 4 per person they can still be slow if you're killing quickly. They drop a lot of boxes and are not in town but orcs have better gen if you can hunt them.

Arrow A