Another What to Hunt 05/28/2009 04:27 PM CDT
Ok, so hunting hasn't been going well for me (Many of you may have noticed the repeated *Rantjur has just been struck down! messages)

So, ya. Any help would be appreciated.

110 Leather
110 HE
120 Longbow
125 Hiding
120 Evasion
135 Skinning
135 PM/Harn (with HB and BB)
90 Stalking (working on this!)
...89 Multi (sad, I know)
100 Parry

So ya, I don't mind gargs in shard (not a premie so have to go to shard.) but I don't much care for the area, so I'd like to avoid Shard if I can.

Pending being able to hide (Have EM) I have no problem hunting one critter to train longbow and one critter to train Melee, though I'd prefer to find something right in the middle.

Trying to stay mainland if I can, but am not opposed to going to the islands.

Any thoughts?

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Another What to Hunt 05/28/2009 04:31 PM CDT
Marauders and Vines up in Theren?

The spawn rate up there should help out your MO some as well.

Serpents in 'haven for skinning.

-pete
Re: Another What to Hunt 05/28/2009 07:00 PM CDT
theren vines and creepers will do you a world of good, then go play with vipers, then leucros

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Another What to Hunt 05/28/2009 07:16 PM CDT
I can handle a viper easy enough, and 2 if I have SoP and I'm REALLY careful. What I don't like about vipers is the damned poison. I'm not a shield user, so that stunning poison gets me in trouble.

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Another What to Hunt 05/28/2009 07:35 PM CDT
It's not too late to start backtraining shield and bringing it up. Armworn bucklers are awesome, even if you use a bow, can do it once you reach 50 ranks of shield, no penalties with STW too.
Re: Another What to Hunt 05/28/2009 07:41 PM CDT
>I'm not a shield user, so that stunning poison gets me in trouble.

Unless there is a roleplay reason not to, I'd stongly suggest reconsidering this course.

Shield is extremely helpful in MO situations and you will learn it like gangbusters in vines/creepers along with your much needed MO boost.

-pete
Re: Another What to Hunt 05/29/2009 07:19 AM CDT
Both of the previous posters should consider vines/marauders in Theren, especially the first since he was already in Lang. Vines don't hit very hard at all and have a good spawn rate. With the 4 max engagement limit, once you get 4 on you, you don't have to worry about marauders.

The only problem is that it can be a bit of a pain to train ranged because marauders have shields and vines are puncture resistant. However, super wood trolls spawn in three rooms in the marauder-only area and they're okay for training ranged.

Another good thing is that you'll be able to backtrain shield and also pick up some weapons if you want. I'm currently training pikes just through parrying with it.
Re: Another What to Hunt 05/29/2009 07:36 PM CDT
VERY easy to get lots of shield ranks in vines'n creepers...

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."