Hiding/stalking 11/05/2008 05:53 PM CST
trying to find a way to move or a critter to move my hiding at 117 and stalking at 114 or to see if there is something I should go back and milk a bit for hiding/stalking. I have EM and SOTT so can hide on anything that teaches me.
Re: Hiding/stalking 11/05/2008 07:00 PM CST
Is the issue your combats are too high and you can't train stealth in what you hunt? Is your stealth hinderance (from whatever armors) causing you to fail your hides (if that's the case, you may to take something off while locking stealth)?

Stealth as a ranger should be rediculously easy to train in whatever moves your combats, between the bonus we get, the two spells you mentioned, and how high the stealth caps on critters. My best guess until you state otherwise is an appraisal of the armor you're wearing and how much stealth hinderance is being imposed (stealth hinderance is based on armor type. In pure leather you won't get unhindered until about 300 leather. Chain won't go below insig I think. Having a tanned shield/buckler seems to add a level of stealth hinderance to your base regardless).
Re: Hiding/stalking 11/05/2008 07:41 PM CST
sort of stuck on combats as silver leucros seem to be the safer choose but don't move my defense/offensive very fast so I have to dance then kill a ton to even move weapons, sand sprites will move my hiding but stalking takes forever to move then I still need a ton of those trying to find something that works on both unless I just need to stuck it up in leucros and hope for faster spawns
Re: Hiding/stalking 11/05/2008 07:42 PM CST
hinderance is light thought about getting cloth for stealth till I hit around 200 leather I sit at light hinderance
Re: Hiding/stalking 11/05/2008 09:25 PM CST
Try playing around with advancing from hiding to lock stalk quick. I of course am partial to stealing as a means of learning hide/stalk but I'm weird.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: Hiding/stalking 11/05/2008 10:03 PM CST
1st tier snow goblins on aesry might be a good choice. or maybe vines and creepers in theren, or even bloodvines in hib.

~Artilius
Re: Hiding/stalking 11/06/2008 10:19 AM CST
For stalk, try advancing multiple critters. Or just Hide/stalk/ambush at melee, this tends to lock both pretty well for me. Light stealth hinderance shouldn't be too huge of an issue.. I would have thought.