Prev_page Previous 1
Celps 05/08/2007 10:16 AM CDT
Im thinking about moving up to celps, and wondering what minimum skills are recommended for this. Anybody have some advice on these?
Re: Celps 05/08/2007 10:18 AM CDT
450 defenses 300 multi, 300 weapons, And you what atleast mid to upper 300 bow.

Another option is basilisk, they are a nice bridge between pecs and celps/polos.

Da Madd Webba

How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sportin' with puppies?

You might as well pay attention since your behind can't afford free speech

I'm like a pee stained mattress, don't sleep on me!
Re: Celps 05/08/2007 10:22 AM CDT
Ive been hunting basilisks for a while now - good training and nice money but NO STALKING, and kindof a pain to get to.

Im pretty close on the defense - right there with the weapons - but multi is UGLY. Do they jump to melee super fast or something?
Re: Celps 05/08/2007 11:25 AM CDT
>>Im pretty close on the defense - right there with the weapons - but multi is UGLY. Do they jump to melee super fast or something?<<

No they don't. But they can and do swarm and I always like to be able to dance with at least 3 critters at level. But you should be able to dance with 2 and mid 200 multi.

Da Madd Webba

How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sportin' with puppies?

Re: Celps 05/08/2007 02:27 PM CDT
Webba those numbers are WAY high. I probably had low 200s MO and maybe 350 evasion when I started hunting celps, if that. Don't scare the boy away. I need the gen bumped up in here, damn it.

I started dancing with 3 celpeze at 250 MO. You just have to actually dance and not just stand there to stay balanced.

~Dulcinia

SEND[Solomon] Change your forums signature please?

[Jenealle] "The wedding was very emotional. Even the cake was in tiers."
Re: Celps 05/08/2007 02:30 PM CDT
>I probably had low 200s MO and maybe 350 evasion when I started hunting celps, if that.

You probably also had a greater modifier to your evasion from stats at that point. Going by old numbers is no longer wise, especially when dealing with creaters on the higher end of the scale.

Fuquois
Re: Celps 05/08/2007 02:45 PM CDT
Hush you. I need bait.

~Dulcinia

Re: Celps 05/08/2007 04:01 PM CDT
<<<Ive been hunting basilisks for a while now - good training and nice money but NO STALKING, and kindof a pain to get to.>>>

Granted I can't learn stalking in basilisks, like I can in peccs. But it is possible. I learn by hiding, advancing, and then sniping. Got to muddled or something the last time I was there a few days ago.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Celps 05/08/2007 04:06 PM CDT
<<<Webba those numbers are WAY high. I probably had low 200s MO and maybe 350 evasion when I started hunting celps, if that. Don't scare the boy away. I need the gen bumped up in here, damn it.

I started dancing with 3 celpeze at 250 MO. You just have to actually dance and not just stand there to stay balanced. >>>

Sweet. Someone wanna meet me on the mainland and put me on the Degan or give me a ride over? I gave up my citizenship last time I left. <sigh>

Asterid

Re: Celps 05/08/2007 04:48 PM CDT
if you can get to ratha i can gate ya over.

Da Madd Webba

Re: Celps 05/08/2007 05:06 PM CDT
I don't need an astersnert on my danged island. Sheesh, it was nice and quiet, no interferrence for snert face, and you have to go and say, I will gate you over if you get to ratha. What a twerp.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Celps 05/08/2007 05:13 PM CDT
>>I don't need an astersnert on my danged island. Sheesh, it was nice and quiet, no interferrence for snert face, and you have to go and say, I will gate you over if you get to ratha. What a twerp<<

I was gonna gate him to malchatas on Pokie beach.

Da Madd Webba

Re: Celps 05/08/2007 05:19 PM CDT
<<<I don't need an astersnert on my danged island>>>

Shaddup you. Gah, you have to be the only ranger that hunts caracals, and decides to move in on a permanent basis. For what, three years? What can they possibly teach you after all that time?

<<<I was gonna gate him to malchatas on Pokie beach.>>>

I'll make sure to ratha, and once you locate, Ill NC, and then sneak through the gate, just in case.

Asterid

Re: Celps 05/08/2007 05:29 PM CDT
I learn lots in caracals, including multi, hiding, stalking, longbow, evasion, armor, parry, brawling, heavy edge. Yes I can hunt Peccs, I jsut choose not to yet. Specially since the danged changes to stealth, have caused me some well lets say irritations to say the least.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Celps 05/08/2007 05:37 PM CDT
300 multi, 450 evasion, 350 shield/parry, 400 leather, 52 reflex, capped sott and sop and I can only barely dance 2. A third kills me no matter what.

500 hiding and they point me out half the time.

350 bow and I miss them a majority of the time while they are webbed.
Re: Celps 05/08/2007 05:38 PM CDT
And there is like no mana in half the rooms. I've got over 500 in magics and I have to watch what I cast, where I cast, and when I cast.
Re: Celps 05/08/2007 08:31 PM CDT
>>>300 multi, 450 evasion, 350 shield/parry, 400 leather, 52 reflex, capped sott and sop and I can only barely dance 2. A third kills me no matter what.

That's what Dryzt said until I showed him my little trick.

~Dulcinia

Re: Celps 05/08/2007 08:53 PM CDT
>That's what Dryzt said until I showed him my little trick.

?
Re: Celps 05/08/2007 09:04 PM CDT
Feinting loop:

dodge
feint
feint draw
feint sweep
feint slice
feint chop

over and over

~Dulcinia

Re: Celps 05/08/2007 11:28 PM CDT
Thanks for the info....might give it a try later this week.
Re: Celps 05/10/2007 08:36 PM CDT
>>300 multi, 450 evasion, 350 shield/parry, 400 leather, 52 reflex, capped sott and sop and I can only barely dance 2. A third kills me no matter what.

325 MO, 425 evasion/parry, 300 shield, 425 leather, 40 reflexes, dancing badger i can dance with 4 for a good while. Eventually they hit me hard enough for a stun and I die though.

For reference, badger is giving me 20% bonus in MO evasion/parry/shield so I'm working with a lot more than my base.

-Galren Moonskin

Messenger Boy: The Thessalonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
Re: Celps 05/10/2007 08:37 PM CDT
Double posting here.. but yeah Dulci's feinting rotation works wonders.

I'm lazy though and perfer not to move or do anything while I train.

-Galren Moonskin

Messenger Boy: The Thessalonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
Re: Celps 05/10/2007 08:50 PM CDT
Which is why you get that stun and die, silly. <3

~Dulcinia

Alternative to Celps? 04/27/2010 12:09 PM CDT
I'm thinking a bit ahead, still got 100+ ranks to go in Gryphons but where do Rangers normally go instead of Celps?
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/27/2010 03:12 PM CDT
NM Conner just let me know on WoE that Celps are neutral. I can deal with neutral, just didn't want a tanked bonus
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/27/2010 03:32 PM CDT
You'll still lose your bonus... it just wont go into negatives, i think.

Also, for your information, you cannot cast EM there. At least in the rooms i tried. Make sure your stealth is ready to be used there with no bonus and no EM.

That being said, they are awesome to play with. I've had my ranger there for months and the bonus thing has never been an issue. It'll just be neutral. No bonus and no penalty.
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/28/2010 10:47 AM CDT
<<<where do Rangers normally go instead of Celps? >>>

I went from young gryphons to apes in boar clan. I also go to storm bulls. I've never tried celps, but from what I understand, rooms are usually full of hunters, and if you are missle primary like me, you can't aim at them. Apes have a lot of room, as opposed to the limited number of rooms in celps.

Asterid

Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/28/2010 10:49 AM CDT
>I've never tried celps, but from what I understand, rooms are usually full of hunters, and if you are missle primary like me, you can't aim at them.

Super celps are always full, not normal celps.

You can aim now, you just only receive the benefit of half of your aim time.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/28/2010 01:44 PM CDT
[Ratha, Ruined Neighborhood]
The remains of tall ruined houses line the western side of the street, unable to withstand the constant ravages of the tropical weather. Wind-worn beams lie crisscrossed amidst the wreckage, nearly obscuring a small hole underneath. To the east, a dried-up fountain stands as a scarred memory of the former residents. You also see an asaren celpeze, an asaren celpeze and an asaren celpeze.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, northwest.
>

> pace

You pace back and forth, smiling slightly to yourself at the refreshing familiarity of the area.
The asaren celpeze begins to advance on you!
The asaren celpeze is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
> cast

You reach with both your hands and your senses for the wisdom of the earth...
Your mind races as your surroundings snap into sharp focus, places of concealment you never would have noticed suddenly revealed for your use.
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

I've never not been able to find an empty room on Ratha.

Jalika

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Jalika, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you. You are free to go. Guards, please return this woman's things.
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/28/2010 02:25 PM CDT
That's because people think of Mer'kresh when they think of Celps :P

So Ratha celps are ranger friendly, as opposed to neutral?
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/28/2010 03:04 PM CDT
>So Ratha celps are ranger friendly, as opposed to neutral?

If so it should be fixed.

>describe boar
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/28/2010 04:06 PM CDT
Should be considered in-town, IMO. Its a neighborhood inside the biggest (landmass) city in all of Elanthia. Thief bonus/Ranger penalty. No offense, but I think my opinion is pretty sound on this.

- Legendary Paladin Korsik Rippentropp, Vindicator of M'riss

Baum says to Lillietta, "Problem is that Korsik is a very big boy."
Lillietta says, "He is mentally unstable."
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/28/2010 04:46 PM CDT
>>Should be considered in-town, IMO. Its a neighborhood inside the biggest (landmass) city in all of Elanthia. Thief bonus/Ranger penalty. No offense, but I think my opinion is pretty sound on this.

Fortunately, I am pretty sure Z split Thief/Ranger bonuses a while back, so it being good for Rangers is irrelevant if it is also good for Thieves.
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/28/2010 08:21 PM CDT
>Fortunately, I am pretty sure Z split Thief/Ranger bonuses a while back, so it being good for Rangers is irrelevant if it is also good for Thieves.

Kind of irrelevant. We're talking about a ghetto in one of the largest cities in game. That's about as urban as it gets.

>describe boar
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/28/2010 09:43 PM CDT
>>Kind of irrelevant. We're talking about a ghetto in one of the largest cities in game. That's about as urban as it gets.

Your argument will make sense once Ranger bonus is rewritten to work as it was intended. Until then, just let those few Rangers who want to train there do their thing since it is not game breaking.
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/29/2010 01:25 AM CDT
>Your argument will make sense once Ranger bonus is rewritten to work as it was intended. Until then, just let those few Rangers who want to train there do their thing since it is not game breaking.

Pretty sure my argument makes sense now. But since you mentioned it, I think I'll go bug it.

>describe boar
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/29/2010 06:49 AM CDT
>>Pretty sure my argument makes sense now. But since you mentioned it, I think I'll go bug it.

lol ok we can be friends again. Based completely off of that very post.

- Legendary Paladin Korsik Rippentropp, Vindicator of M'riss

Baum says to Lillietta, "Problem is that Korsik is a very big boy."
Lillietta says, "He is mentally unstable."
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/29/2010 08:55 AM CDT
>>Your argument will make sense once Ranger bonus is rewritten to work as it was intended. Until then, just let those few Rangers who want to train there do their thing since it is not game breaking.

It still makes no sense for it to be ranger friendly. Neutral, maybe, but definitely not friendly
Re: Alternative to Celps? 04/29/2010 03:18 PM CDT
Its also not at the top of 'friendly'. Who knows where it falls in the scale or even if its working properly. In the meantime, it may not be a bad hunting ground for you.

Jalika

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Jalika, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you. You are free to go. Guards, please return this woman's things.
Re: Alternative to Celps? *POST HIDDEN* 04/29/2010 09:23 PM CDT
Several posts have been hidden.

If you have any questions, please email either myself (MOD-Sidatura@play.net) or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net).

~Sidatura

All are lunatics, but he who can analyse his delusions is called a philosopher. --Ambrose Bierce
Prev_page Previous 1