Hello *waves* 04/09/2007 04:06 PM CDT
Well, I'm pretty green. Let me introduce myself... I'm Max, specifically Maxtricia Blythewood, an Elfish and silly lass. I was born and raised in Crossing. My Paw and Maw were poor common folks who taught me sensible down-to-earth manners of good countryfolk and to enjoy simple pleasures like the fresh green smell of the forest and the joy of all things blessedly green and growing.

I like pina caladas and getting caught in the errr,um, I mean I enjoy stealing Chippy's (one of Kalika's chipmunk wards) acorns and eat'n them for myself, stuffin' my cheeks full of them for the winter. I consider myself a RangerBard and very often attempt failingly and painfully (to the ears of all concerned) to create music or song.

So far I'm really enjoying the guild. I'm finding foraging very frustrating though... it seems pretty complicated. The only way I seem to be able to learn it is by having someone teach it to me. Maybe I just need to do some research about it.

My favorite activity is exploring... without maps! Just walking out into the unknown and figuring it all out from there. So that is me inna nutshell!
Other than that, I was just hoping to make some friends here. Thanks for hearing me. You've all been really nice and helpful to my young'n self.

~ Maxtricia Blythewood ~
Tree Hugger Extraordinaire

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."
Re: Hello *waves* 04/09/2007 04:20 PM CDT
might try fishing instead, it's a little easier then foraging

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer
--
let us paint you a picture with our words
--
http://blog.myspace.com/57223313
Re: Hello *waves* 04/09/2007 06:22 PM CDT
fishing teaches foraging?
Re: Hello *waves* 04/09/2007 06:24 PM CDT
Like nobody's business. Also teaches AL at "almost nobody's business" levels.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Hello *waves* 04/09/2007 07:23 PM CDT
>>Like nobody's business. Also teaches AL at "almost nobody's business" levels.

Animal Lore: 465 50.54%

Not sure what you consider nobody's business levels, but it doesn't get me past thoughtful, and the thoughtful is uncommon as well.
Re: Hello *waves* 04/09/2007 09:40 PM CDT
You're a freak, not a n00b. It will teach normal people.

~Dulcinia

SEND[Solomon] Change your forums signature please?

[Jenealle] "The wedding was very emotional. Even the cake was in tiers."
Re: Hello *waves* 04/09/2007 10:55 PM CDT
I thought Ssra's tweaks were to be aimed at the 100-rank crowd? At any rate, fishing-enabled Lore Primes--minus an obligatory hassle in the 0-20ish rank range--can basically keep AL locked non-stop almost as easily as Foraging (a tert skill for at least bards if not also traders). And I've not been doing anything but letting the worms swim all day long (none of that super-scrolly wave/yank/pull/cast every ten 10 seconds crap).

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Hello *waves* 04/10/2007 12:04 AM CDT
"might try fishing instead, it's a little easier then foraging"

I will. Thank you, Legeres!

~ Maxtricia Blythewood ~
Tree Hugger Extraordinaire

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."
Re: Hello *waves* 04/10/2007 01:08 AM CDT
>>~ Maxtricia Blythewood ~
>>THE FREAK non-n00b

I think she was calling me names, not you.
Re: Hello *waves* 04/10/2007 06:29 AM CDT
A post had been hidden.

If you have any questions, please email either myself (MOD-Sidatura@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net), or Message Board Supervisor Cecco (DR-Cecco@play.net).

~Sidatura

"Plato Smash!" - Action Philosophers
Re: Hello *waves* 04/10/2007 09:21 AM CDT
<You're a freak, not a n00b. It will teach normal people.

A new favorite quote.

Clearly freak is > nobody's buisness.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-At the cleric meeting-
DARTENIAN says, "I think we all need to get down and pray for bit-based experience."
>DARTENIAN clears his throat.
Re: Hello *waves* 04/10/2007 12:51 PM CDT
Welcome aboard, Lass!

And yes, fishing does teach foraging very well indeed- Which will be useful for getting over walls!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy