ratha training grounds 04/05/2007 12:29 PM CDT
anyone with some helpful ideas on where i can train in ratha on various survival skills?

currently heading there to hunt leucs...

many thanks
Re: ratha training grounds 04/05/2007 01:53 PM CDT
If I were you I would avoid Leucs and go to Aesry for training. You won't find much on ratha.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: ratha training grounds 04/05/2007 01:55 PM CDT
There's a nice swimming area outside sprites and some climbing across a fence on the north side of the 1st tier. The climbing is a shortcut from the first tier to the second tier. I know sprites isn't urban. Not too sure about the cliff.

Some locals could fill you in on more spots.

-=Dirge. We've got vaults, a bank, a temple, and we're working on a dock!=-
Re: ratha training grounds 04/05/2007 02:19 PM CDT
Arctuniol... what would i hunt in aesyr? people are telling me that i'm too low to handle snoblins as i am only circle 32 with skills at around 95-100...

Theodoric... thx for the info... do u happen to know where the local ranger area is located?
Re: ratha training grounds 04/05/2007 05:31 PM CDT
Bloodwolves and snowbeasts?

~Dulcinia

SEND[Solomon] Change your forums signature please?

[Jenealle] "The wedding was very emotional. Even the cake was in tiers."
Re: ratha training grounds 04/05/2007 05:50 PM CDT
aren't they in aesry? snowbeasts i mean
Re: ratha training grounds 04/05/2007 06:02 PM CDT
Yup, and mixed up with frostweavers.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: ratha training grounds 04/05/2007 06:14 PM CDT
are there snowbeasts in ratha instead of aesry?

and if they are... where are they located?

i'm currently hunting silver leucs.
Re: ratha training grounds 04/05/2007 06:18 PM CDT
I've never heard of snowbeasts on Ratha. The silver leucroes are about the closest you will find to them.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: ratha training grounds 04/05/2007 08:35 PM CDT
There is no Ranger area on Ratha. The Silver leucs are outside the city north of the 4th tier but most hunting on Ratha is not Ranger friendly.

Nearest Ranger guild is on Aesry. Ratha is well populated, but you have to watch your bonus as the hunting is more urban.

Aesry is wonderful for Rangers, but you can't count on rescues, rezz's (or protection of memories for that matter), wards, etc, plus the death scars may hinder your returning to your grave.

At the 100 level in defenses and such I'd recommend Theren and creepers & such.

-=Dirge. We've got vaults, a bank, a temple, and we're working on a dock!=-
Re: ratha training grounds 04/05/2007 10:38 PM CDT
I was answering your question as to what you could hunt on Aesry. I thought...

~Dulcinia

Re: ratha training grounds 04/05/2007 10:54 PM CDT
my tf ranger fights nightweaver unyns there. they are good once you cap bloodwolves.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: ratha training grounds 04/06/2007 09:03 AM CDT
On Aesry you probably would go wolves, nightweavers, la tami, nightstalkers, and what not. You should be fine in blood wolves and actually be able to do really well there.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: ratha training grounds 04/07/2007 12:45 PM CDT
Unyns are great fun, just bring a lamp if you dont have beseech the dark to sing yet. In theory you could probably just train in the unyn cave for nearly 300 ranks , hunting various kinds of unyns.

Ratha does suck for survival training...even the trails there dont teach well. If you must be on Ratha, outside the fourth tier gate is ranger friendly, so is the sand sprite area, and the roof garden at the empath guild.

If you want some company hunting, look up Foxrhyn in Aesry. I should be there the next couple weeks.
Re: ratha training grounds 04/07/2007 08:03 PM CDT
I hunted unyns in the dark for years. It was better that way.

~Dulcinia

Re: ratha training grounds 04/07/2007 09:13 PM CDT
only one problem with that, at least for my ranger in TF. My combat script LOOKS to see if there is a second critter, and kills it. If not, she just dances with the one thats there. So for her, I usually try to use the room that is lit there.

And the LOOK message for the dark is You can't see anything, whether there's a critter there or not.

And while that's okay for fighting ATK, I wouldn't want to try that afk. My scripts aren't as sophisticated as most of the other of the TF folks :-(.

schvartz

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: ratha training grounds 04/08/2007 10:49 AM CDT
I'm not really concerned (meaning I don't care) about TF hunters. You can set your silly script to LOOK UNYN if you REALLY have to hunt using a script.

Am I the only person who hunts by hand anymore? I think it's seriously time I took a break if so. This is depressing.

~Dulcinia

Re: ratha training grounds 04/08/2007 11:56 AM CDT
>>Am I the only person who hunts by hand anymore? I think it's seriously time I took a break if so. This is depressing.

I also hunt by hand, unless I am training brawling while training defenses. I made a script to circle, bob, and weave repeatedly.
Re: ratha training grounds 04/08/2007 12:21 PM CDT
I hunt by hand, only because I can't figure out how to run scripts with my Mac. I only learned how to use macros a few months ago.:(

Ranger Silveroak, Elf-Forest Clan
"Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me..." Genesis 27:3
Re: ratha training grounds 04/08/2007 01:17 PM CDT
>I hunt by hand, only because I can't figure out how to run scripts with my Mac.

If you want help with that, IM me at HanryuDR.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
Keeper of the CEC
http://tinyurl.com/2h5jcp
Re: ratha training grounds 04/08/2007 06:44 PM CDT

Heck, the only thing I do script is travel. It blows my mind that people pay money to pit thier programs against Simu's. And thats all scripting is. And please don't drag out the dead, bloated, maggot infested, "But I have carple tunnle, garbage."

-Cordin

Re: ratha training grounds 04/08/2007 09:09 PM CDT
>Heck, the only thing I do script is travel. It blows my mind that people pay money to pit thier programs against Simu's. And thats all scripting is. And please don't drag out the dead, bloated, maggot infested, "But I have carple tunnle, garbage."

Wow, its 1996 again.