Ranger bonus issues.... 09/05/2004 10:26 AM CDT
I have been training a young, less than 10 ranks, elf ranger...and I cannot train scouting because "Im not in touch with my surroundings". I have spent a lot of time in town, which I know hurts my bonus..but I have been caveing it for a few days now...and I still bray like a cow. Is there anyway to check to see how much bonus I have...or need...or a quick rangerly thing to do to recover it? I have hunted and skinned till every associated skill is ML..and Im still givin milk..

thanks Rioky,

The weather is here....wish you were beautiful.
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/05/2004 10:28 AM CDT
To be honest the fastest way to get back to good bonus is to die, then go out of town and do rangerly things. Dying sets you neutral so you skip having to go back through negative to get there.
-Mhal
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/05/2004 10:45 AM CDT
If I'm braying like a trapped milk cow, I go swim until I'm not anymore and try to throw in spells and beseeches as much as possible. On the other hand, for the last several days I've just been swimming anyways, hoping to hit some magic number in the skill.

Try doing rangerly things like swimming (my personal favorite), and if you can get in a class or something about scouting for a rank or three. I'm pretty sure the more survivals you train, the faster it comes up. Maybe it just seems faster because there is actually something to do besides sitting in a cave with no one around.

Sanya

I was taking a walk in the park when this post said I stole its purse. I tried to get away, but it just kept on coming. So I had to beat it to death with this purse I found.
-MOD-ILEDEMUS

Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/05/2004 10:54 AM CDT
And specifically, that's dying and departing ... getting resurrected won't reset it to neutral, you just lose bonus because you're not active while dead and probably lying in an urban area to boot waiting on a Cleric.

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/05/2004 10:57 AM CDT
When I start braying, I go swimming for a while. Then I whistle up my coon and play with him while foraging and carving longbows.

Phayren

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/07/2004 11:57 AM CDT
I guess I would ask if you are in a rangerly cave...have you used the pace verb to verify you are really in a rangerly positive environ?

btw...someone mentioned that learning many rangerly things helps. Anyone know if a higher number of rangerly skills being learned helps (compounds) your bonus come back quicker or is it just doing any number of rangerly things helps the same. This is assuming these things are being done in a rangerly friendly area.

sylviir

Tagline.zip

(Trying to save space)
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/07/2004 12:05 PM CDT
>>btw...someone mentioned that learning many rangerly things helps. Anyone know if a higher number of rangerly skills being learned helps (compounds) your bonus come back quicker or is it just doing any number of rangerly things helps the same. This is assuming these things are being done in a rangerly friendly area.

I recently killed me bonus from playing on Mer'Kresh too long and then going back to Hara'Jaal and harrassing the corsairs, it was so bad I couldn't skin me own knee. I went for a swim, dance with a few boa's, did some half-arse skinning, and made some origami fish and it came back before long at all. If I had to speculate, I wouldn't imgagine you need to be doing "Rangerly" skills, i.e. Survival per say, but rather just keep busy in the wild. However I'm sure if ya asked Krin he'd had a better idea on it.

-Ariwin
-Any jackass can fall off a barstool, a real man rides it to the ground.
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/07/2004 12:05 PM CDT
>>btw...someone mentioned that learning many rangerly things helps. Anyone know if a higher number of rangerly skills being learned helps (compounds) your bonus come back quicker or is it just doing any number of rangerly things helps the same. This is assuming these things are being done in a rangerly friendly area.

I don't know that it helps, but it does make it less tedious and has a fortunate side-effect of contributing to that next circle.

Phayren

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/07/2004 07:36 PM CDT
Don't believe him, he wasn't playing with the corsairs.

Ari, thanks again for the trip to Hara, even if Dulci was bossy. ;)

A dusk ogre stomps in from the down, glaring about in rage.
You are Peperic Timarson, a Gor'Tog.
You have grey eyes. You have green-grey skin.

You appear to be dead! Other than that...

You are in good shape.
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/07/2004 09:28 PM CDT
Hmph.

~Dulcinia

You are young, and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/08/2004 12:27 AM CDT
>>even if Dulci was bossy

At her age, it's not bossy, it's "crotchety".

<ducks and RUNS!>

* Krinahd was just obliterated!

>You hear the ghostly voice of Krinahd say, "ah, well, it was worth it ..."

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/08/2004 04:24 AM CDT
>>Don't believe him, he wasn't playing with the corsairs.
>>Ari, thanks again for the trip to Hara, even if Dulci was bossy. ;)

No worries Pep, glad ya had a good time mate, and I dig the tat, bonza choice. And I was not playing with the corsairs, they just kept leaping on me blade, as much as I tried to stop them!

-Ariwin
-Any jackass can fall off a barstool, a real man rides it to the ground.
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/09/2004 01:22 PM CDT
>>At her age, it's not bossy, it's "crotchety".

I thought it was Senile...

>You offer Kalika your Senile old Dulcinia

>Kalika says "What are you giving that to me for, I don't want it."

>sigh

~ Striderr Slayn ~ Ranger

~ My Therapist told me I needed a New Sig line.
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/09/2004 03:59 PM CDT
Grrr.

Too bad I'm not yours to give, isn't it, Striderr?

~Dulcinia

You are young, and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun
Re: Ranger bonus issues.... 09/09/2004 05:24 PM CDT
We'll always have Paris...

Here's looking at you kid.

~ Striderr Slayn ~ Ranger

~ My Therapist told me I needed a New Sig line.