RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/09/2021 05:17 PM CST
Just wanted to say these spells are a welcome addition to a Ranger's hunting kit!

With mostly brigandine armor worn and MAF+RITS casted, I rarely see wounds. If I do get any wounds, Bloodthorns makes them go away! Please keep the spells as is, since it does help with that Ranger ideal of self sufficiency.

-Kivi, combat warder
Re: RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/12/2021 09:41 AM CST
With the ritual + the 1 pulse heal - I didnt actually find much use in Bloodthorns. Just to have to keep casting it over and over - It's more tedious than useful to me, but I guess we can always just write a script for it, right?

Additionally, it looks like I cant cast MAF/RITS and Bloodthorns at the same time, so its even more meh to me.

<<Your ward is unable to attain coherence due to too many other spells of the same type affecting the same subject.

Falker
Re: RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/13/2021 04:57 PM CST
No need to have to continue to recast blood, it will continue to heal for the duration of the spell.

As far as wards go you can only have 2 up at a time and only 1 if not a native spell i.e. IC.

I like the concept for both RITS and Blood but they aren't very good in pvp but good enough for pve.
Re: RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/14/2021 11:24 AM CST
So I just decided to test this, and heal for the duration of the spell? Not even close. 100 mana cast lasts 30 minutes. Didnt get hit until the spell was down to 4 minutes. And within 10 seconds of checking the duration it was gone, after a pitiful heal, that did almost nothing. This has basically been my experience with it. Very underwhelming. Unless 100 mana cast is too small, or I'm doing something wrong, I'd say bloodthorn isnt worth getting.

R> perc

* A hulking Xala'shar vanquisher feints high at you. You dodge.
[You're winded, adeptly balanced and in good position.]
>
You reach out with your senses and see radiant (15/21) streams of deep green and blue Life mana flowing through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is luminous (14/21) mana to the south, shining (13/21) mana to the southeast, and shining (13/21) mana to the east.
You sense the Skein of Shadows spell upon you, which will last for about thirty-three roisaen.
You are being protected by a strong Essence of Yew, which should last for thirty-two roisaen.
You sense the Bloodthorns spell upon you, which will last for about four roisaen.
You sense the Oath of the Firstborn spell upon you, which will last for about thirty-four roisaen.
You are preparing the Grizzly Claws spell at twenty mana.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
A hulking Xala'shar vanquisher slams the dark steel plates attached along the length of its arms together before quickly drawing them against each other with a metallic screech, sending a shower of burning blue sparks hurtling towards your face!
One of the vines protecting you takes advantage of a gap in a hulking Xala'shar vanquisher's defenses and pricks it.
Moving a moment too late, the shower of sparks lands a good hit to your head with the savagery of an acidic dagger!
[You're bruised, winded, adeptly balanced and in better position.]
R>
* A hulking Xala'shar conjurer sidesteps and bashes at you. You block with a puffy-white targe.
[You're bruised, winded, adeptly balanced with opponent in good position.]
R>
A hulking Xala'shar vanquisher slams the dark steel plates attached along the length of its arms together before quickly drawing them against each other with a metallic screech, sending a shower of burning blue sparks hurtling towards your face!
With fluid movements, you manage to dodge the shower of sparks.
[You're bruised, winded, adeptly balanced and have slight advantage.]
>
A hulking Xala'shar vanquisher releases a maddening howl and hops east with a piercing laugh.
R>
A nearly painful prickling sensation surges through you as your protective healing matrix focuses on the worst hurts to your body.
The external wounds on your chest appear somewhat better.
You feel the link to your Bloodthorn collapse -- its energies are spent.

heal
R>
Your body feels at full strength.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You are slightly fatigued.
You have minor swelling and bruising around the right arm compounded by cuts and bruises about the right arm, minor swelling and bruising around the right leg compounded by cuts and bruises about the right leg, some minor abrasions to the chest, minor scarring along the chest area, some minor abrasions to the abdomen, some minor abrasions to the back, some minor abrasions to the left eye.
Re: RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/14/2021 01:26 PM CST
>100 mana cast lasts 30 minutes. Didnt get hit until the spell was down to 4 minutes. And within 10 seconds of checking the duration it was gone, after a pitiful heal, that did almost nothing. This has basically been my experience with it. Very underwhelming. Unless 100 mana cast is too small, or I'm doing something wrong, I'd say bloodthorn isnt worth getting.

Isn't Bloodthorns a 300 mana minimum prep? When you prep a spell below minimum prep it's just automatically raised to a minimum cast. Cast it at spell cap (or your cap). Your ritual focus is doing the heavy lifting mana-wise so there's not much reason to be casting any ritual spell lower than your personal cap. If you (general you) can't cap Bloodthorns it would be advantageous to maximize spell potency via SPELL STANCE.

I should also add that discern isn't going to be as accurate with a ritual spell as it is with regular spells so if you don't have 1k warding you'll have to experiment some; walking your mana up to backfire to see what your actual cap is. If you do have 1k warding skill Bloodthorns should be cast at 800 mana.

This is not an argument for or against the efficacy of Bloodthorns.
Re: RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/14/2021 08:01 PM CST
Yeah, sounds like you're casting at minimum instead of at cap.
Re: RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/14/2021 08:09 PM CST
Isn't Bloodthorns a 300 mana minimum prep?

Yeap.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/14/2021 09:04 PM CST
I wasnt even paying attention to mana - figured 100 was enough, I'll try casting at 300. - I should be able to cap it or get close to capping it.

Falker
Re: RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/14/2021 09:07 PM CST
Cap is Eight hundred. You will probably need, or at least want, a ritual focus to reduce the attunement impact.
Re: RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/16/2021 09:32 AM CST
It does appear that my main problem with Bloodthorn was the mana at which I was casting. 800 mana cast saw a lot better results for the healing. Of course the statue took care of most of the 800 mana. So while I still think the idea of ritual spells and added items needed to cast spells was unnecessary to put it nicely - and its quiet ridiculous to think that we should need 800 mana to cast a spell (even though its a fake 800 mana) it does have a decent heal when cast at its max.

Falker
Re: RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/16/2021 10:32 PM CST

R> perc

* A hulking Xala'shar vanquisher feints high at you. You dodge.
[You're winded, adeptly balanced and in good position.]
>
You reach out with your senses and see radiant (15/21) streams of deep green and blue Life mana flowing through the area.
Letting your senses extend further, you feel there is luminous (14/21) mana to the south, shining (13/21) mana to the southeast, and shining (13/21) mana to the east.
You sense the Skein of Shadows spell upon you, which will last for about thirty-three roisaen.
You are being protected by a strong Essence of Yew, which should last for thirty-two roisaen.
You sense the Bloodthorns spell upon you, which will last for about four roisaen.
You sense the Oath of the Firstborn spell upon you, which will last for about thirty-four roisaen.
You are preparing the Grizzly Claws spell at twenty mana.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

>>>

No MAF, SOTT, or CS? Those spells probably ran out during your hunting session which is why you are getting wounds? Also, if you do a PERC SELF you can get the same spells and duration, without the RT.

-Kivi, helpful
Re: RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/17/2021 10:05 AM CST
I actually dont hunt with buffs much, nowadays. The spells I had up, are the spells I use for training magics. :(

Falker
Re: RITS and BLOOD Preview 12/25/2021 12:09 PM CST
gosh darn show off, you mother Falker

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."