Coffee-Induced Spell Ideas 05/26/2020 02:22 PM CDT
Some not-fleshed-out ideas that came to mind this morning. May or may not align with actual in-game physics/lore. Cheers.

Huldah's Fury
Requires Stampede and Swarm
Circle 40
Advanced Targeted AOE DFA, 1 slot
Electrical/Fire

True to its namesake, this spell summons bolts of magical lightning to strike at enemies in your vicinity. The storm lasts for only a moment, but that's all it takes for a talented life mage to even the odds.

>cast (engaged / creatures / area)
A translucent cloud of pale orange energy seeps temporarily into being above you, bombarding the area with bolts of magical lightning!
A Quivering Muskrat takes electrical/fire damage!
Three Blind Mice take electrical/fire damage!
A Puny Paladin fails to dodge and takes electrical/fire damage!
A Suave Thief manages to dodge out of the way in time!

- - -
Fracture Nature
Requires Devitalize, Awaken Forest
Circle 70
Esoteric Cyclic Targeted AOE, 2 slots
Scroll Only, Ranger Signature
Cold/Bludgeoning, Cold/Puncture

Research into the Dark Hand's corrupted lifeforms has led to a breakthrough in forcibly manipulating Nature. Oscillating infusions of Chaos and Order can mimic the vengeful, near-sentient state of the demon forest, causing tendrils of physically manifested life energy to batter and perforate enemies in a wide area. But beware: this path is not for the Ranger faint of heart.

>cast (engaged / creatures / area)
You focus on extending your magical reach into the natural forces around you, feeling the harmonious and serene Balance present in all living things. Having established a mental connection, you suddenly and violently wrench at them, shearing Chaos and Order in separate directions to create a usable wound in the area's life energy. Oozing blue-green tendrils of manifest life energy bleed into being and begin to lash about wildly!

(on pulse, random attack type for each target)
With an earthshaking groan reminiscent of a great beast's death knell, a root-like tendril of blue-green energy slams at An Unwilling Participant!
An Unwilling Participant takes some cold/bludgeoning damage! An Unwilling Participant is knocked to the ground!
An agonizing, near-deafening shriek accompanies a spear-like tendril of blue-green energy as it thrusts suddenly at A Hapless Bystander!
A Hapless Bystander takes a lot of cold/puncture damage!
Re: Coffee-Induced Spell Ideas 05/26/2020 03:50 PM CDT
I read this title and thought you were going for spells that used coffee as a material component of the spell hehe.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Coffee-Induced Spell Ideas 05/26/2020 04:43 PM CDT
>>I read this title and thought you were going for spells that used coffee as a material component of the spell hehe.

I heard they're changing Compost to CompRoast to help Rangers get a start on their days.
Re: Coffee-Induced Spell Ideas 05/27/2020 06:27 AM CDT
While I would love to have those spells, but I'm pretty certain that magic terts are not allowed to have damage spells that are DFA or AOE, much less the both together :(

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Coffee-Induced Spell Ideas 05/27/2020 06:48 AM CDT
I don't mind the idea of an AOE or a DFA, an AOE DFA seems a little eyebrow-raising. And at one slot!

Flavor's great though, maybe just a single-target DFA spell for 2 slots..
Re: Coffee-Induced Spell Ideas 05/27/2020 07:14 AM CDT
>I'm pretty certain that magic terts are not allowed to have damage spells that are DFA or AOE

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Smite_Horde

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Coffee-Induced Spell Ideas 05/27/2020 07:18 AM CDT
>While I would love to have those spells, but I'm pretty certain that magic terts are not allowed to have damage spells that are DFA or AOE, much less the both together

There is hope! At least for the AOE part, anyway. Paladins have Smite Horde. I don't think I've seen anyone cast it, but they have it.