New Beseech Idea – Beseech Elanthia to Cover 12/24/2018 05:51 PM CST
Last new suggestion for the year!

>align 200
>beseech Elanthia to Cover
>
You close your eyes and reach out with your senses.

With outstretched hands, you chant:

"Nature, grant me cover!"
"For I am a stealth lover!"
"Nature is a wonderful place!"
"Allow me to be a shadowy space!"

The surrounding foliage bends to your every moment, ready to cover you.

The silent stones shift ever so slightly to absorb your sound emanations.

The ground around your feet appear ready to reduce any vibration caused by your movement.

A tiny fae appears and whispers in your ear, "Your sacrifice appeases nature and reminds you, Silence is golden."

You sense a loss of your inner-self and feel more confident in your stealthy actions.
Roundtime: 15 seconds.
>

100th circle beseech that allows reduced roundtime for stealthy actions. Beseech duration: Align amount * 5 seconds. Minimum of 60 align to activate the beseech.

In-depth Particulars:

At 600 stealth ranks, combat STALKing from unhidden status reduced by 1 second, SLIP RT reduced by 1 second, and reduce loading of a ranged weapon while hidden by 1 second.

At 1200 stealth ranks, combat STALKing from unhidden status reduced by an additional 1 second and regular hide or SLIP will always be a 1 second Roundtime.

If used in conjunction with Earth Meld and/or Skein of the Shadows, the minimum stealth ranks required to utilize the beseech are lowered say 5% for either SKS or EM and 10% with EM and SKS on.

Beseech Quest (possible Spoiler Alert!!):
Upon earning the 100th circle a Guildleader tells you to seek out Tomma, who asks you to find some shadowbark root beyond Corik's Wall (similar to finding the Frozen Rose). You'll need to preserve the root (imbue and dry it) and return it to Tomma who will ask you to visit Tolle for more ingredients. Tolle will ask you to hunt down some shadowy type of creatures and get their skinnable products (slitted blood-red eyeball, nightstalker spinneret, shadowy hound pelt, barghest bones, and a reddish-black scale). Take all of these back to Tolle, who will tell you to visit Paglar for the processing instructions. Paglar will check to see if they are perfectly arranged items and if they are perfect will hand you a clear solution. With the clear solution you bring it back to Tomma, who gives you a powdered form of the shadowbark root and tells you to visit Marion. Marion combines the clear solution and tells you to find a dark area (Darkened Room where you need a light source), cast Memory of Nature and pour it on the ground, where:

"Elanthia responds to the imbued shadow essence and lashes out at you. Unseen energy assaults your senses testing your resolve. Your bond to nature allows you to endure the excruciating experience. Elanthia finds you ready."

Return to Marion where he finally teaches you the Cover beseech.

Dialogue could be better fleshed out, values tweaked, but here is another suggestion for some possible Ranger development.

-Kivi, stealthy dreamer.
Re: New Beseech Idea – Beseech Elanthia to Cover 10/16/2020 05:10 PM CDT
I like this idea. I have always felt that beseeches should play a greater role for rangers, and I personally wish that slip roundtimes could be reduced somehow to eventually allow for simple tasks like wearing your shortbow and pulling out a spear from your baldric to take zero roundtime eventually, just as it would if you weren't hidden.