3.2 Awaken Forest question? 07/31/2016 10:33 PM CDT
Has anyone messed around with this spell since 3.2?

I was hoping it was made more intelligent and the cool down had been drastically reduced.

Any opinions at all on this spell before I spend two slots on it?
Re: 3.2 Awaken Forest question? 07/31/2016 11:44 PM CDT
>Any opinions at all on this spell before I spend two slots on it?

You can forget spells for free and without limit in Throne City right now. Spend the slots and see.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: 3.2 Awaken Forest question? 08/01/2016 09:51 PM CDT
Can we please have the cool down timer looked at for this spell? It seems like a crazy long amount of time to wait between spell casts...
Re: 3.2 Awaken Forest question? 08/10/2022 12:18 PM CDT
It is a utility spell correct, I have over 160 in utility, I have plenty of mana ...only takes 25 i think, but when cast says i'm not skilled enough, was wondering what skill is it talking about? SORCERY, kIND of odd a ranger needs sorcery, arcana, life magic ...what skill is needed?

And for revenge thou hast created this demon. Her domain is darkness - her purpose is wickedness- Dead Sea Scrolls
Re: 3.2 Awaken Forest question? 08/10/2022 06:53 PM CDT
>It is a utility spell correct, I have over 160 in utility, I have plenty of mana ...only takes 25 i think, but when cast says i'm not skilled enough, was wondering what skill is it talking about? SORCERY, kIND of odd a ranger needs sorcery, arcana, life magic ...what skill is needed?

Awaken Forest is a utility spell with a minimum utility skill requirement of 250 utility ranks. AF has a minimum prep of 5 mana. It's a cyclic spell so if you aren't holding mana using the harness command you'll also want to learn the raw channeling magical feat to passively power your cyclic spell from your attunement (mana pool). Picking up the utility mastery magical feat will get you a little closer to casting AF but I think you might still be a little low on skill. Magical feats are cheap to forget so as long as you have a pair of open spells lots you could learn those feats and try casting AF again at minimum prep. Ask a Moon Mage to lay a utility skill prediction on you or a Cleric to cast Sanctify Pattern on your utility skill to get a better idea of just how close you are at being able to cast AF at minimum.

A Ranger only needs sorcery skill if you plan on casting sorcerous spells or sorcerously casting spells from other (non-Life) mana frequencies.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Awaken_Forest