At a sturdy white oak in the grasslands of Ilithi. 02/07/2010 08:51 AM CST
[Aroamer's Home]
Walls of rough-hewn oak and a dusty oak floor covered by a tasseled cotton rug enclose this room. In one corner lies a simple stick cot, and near the cot sits a sturdy oak table with a green leather diary branded with the ranger guild crest on it. A small firepit sits beneath an Estate Holder plaque. The room holds a mild scent of dust. You also see a young wolf, a door and a rough-hewn oak wall.
Obvious exits: none

A leaf patterned leather diary branded with the crest of the ranger guild.

*Entry One.*
It is the 1st month of Akroeg the Ram in the year of the Emerald Dolphin.

I have never considered myself the type to stay in one place for too long. Since I left my parents in Acenamacra and joined the ranger guild I've wandered these lands one province to another. Much I have learned about life and nature through my travels. My father, a retired thief and gambler, did not wish for me to have the life of an adventurer. He wanted me to take his place as a fisherman and to run the local bait and tackle shop. Though I am in fact an excellent fisherman, to wander and explore was my life ambition. When I left the village I went to Zoluren to become a thief and master locksmith. I walked the streets of the city of Crossing as a petty thief until I happened to pick the pocket of the wrong gentleman.

Tolle was the rangers name. A broken arm and dislocated shoulder was the result of my terrible mistake, a fierce skill the in the art bows he had. What happened after that was amazing to me. The ranger did not take my life, like I thought he would. Instead, Tolle took me to an empath and afterward drug me across town to ranger guild leader in Crossing, her name was Kalika. Tolle said that this choice was a much better for me than to die in the streets as a petty thief. He also said marking a ranger guild leader was a good sign that being a thief was not for me. So here I am the ranger.

I've done a great many things in my life as a ranger. My worst decision was when I was younger. I joined with a local militia with a group called the Zoluren Dragoons. They were tasked with protecting the West wilds of Zoluren. The commander was sturdy, but the political support was not. We defended the gates and wilds from Naarg and his Ogres on more than one occasion and many died as the result. The former prince of the province, rest his soul, rarely took a moment to come out to the camp to give his commander the credit she deserved or even a pat on the back for that matter. The group was eventually disbanded and I do miss the friends I made there, but such is life. I swore I would never again join a military group for any reason, until I ventured to Ilithi.

On 8th month of Skullcleaver the Dwarven Axe in the year of the Bronze Wyvern I met guild leader Tomma. After having a decent conversation about herbs and animals over some strange brew of tea, she sent me to Coriks wall. That is where Grimnur, the Captain of the Watch, gave me various tasks and eventually I became an Emerald Knight. I go there every 10 andaen to serve and fight the evil in the hand. I also joined the Lorethew Mentor Society soon after that which is tasked with helping young ones that leave their homes in search of adventure, such as me, once upon a time.

Through all of this I still had no plans on ever serving any prince, king, or lord. I felt I should serve no man, but only serve the gods and pay homage to nature. That is until I met Leucius, a great paladin in Ilithi. He is now the court advisor to the Ferdahl. Leucius knew I wasn't the largest ranger in the guild by far, but the willingness to help and try was what drew his interest I am sure. I do not know to this day why I joined the Ilithi militia. It could have been the beauty of the spired city or the endless places to train and fine tune my skills. I did end up giving my allegiance to Ilithi and am proud to have made the choice. Ilithi is a wondrous magnificent place filled with beauty, but also deadly and has its share of undesirables. From its perilous mountains to its grass ranges there is no better place to watch a crimson hued sunset. I enjoy it with all my passion.

I would have to say the greatest thing I have ever done in my life is the most simplest and that was meeting my Kaldar wife. Laeorna Redfeather was clearly a novice when I met her in Riverhaven. The poor girl was covered in wounds and scars from her fierce battles with the relentless frogs. I was not a mentor at this time, but took it upon myself to help her. In the end she and I were two of a kind and in fact her skills as a ranger rivaled my own. Laeorna and I traveled the world and had great adventures. We also managed to die together in every way known to Human, Elf, or Kaldar. After some time, my lovely wife left me for some time to see her homeland, Albaria. It was a spiritual and religious experience for her. She has returned to me since refreshed and I look forward to many new adventures with her. If you ever read this my dear and I should be long gone back to the earth with soul in the hands of kuniyo, know I loved you every day with all of my heart. Know you have helped make me who I am today and without you in my life Elanthia would have been a much darker place. It is you that brings the sun to shine on my face in the morning and you that fills my dreams at night.

My goal is to continue to train and be the ranger I am meant to be. Whatever path I go down, it is the gods that light the way. I will always be thankful Tolle and Kalika for that day in Crossing. Being a ranger is more than I ever thought it would be and more. I never imagined I would end up with a wife or a home in Ilithi, being the roamer I am. I have been truly blessed. I have purchased a sturdy white oak in tree in the grasslands of Ilithi. The area is surrounded by beautiful antelope and bison which provide a good source for food and hides for clothing. I hope to one day retire to my home and perhaps raise a family with my wife. For now though, I am still a bit to wild to settle down with children. Who knows where my path will lead, but I do know that when the time comes for this ranger to return to the earth I pray Kuniyo take my soul as one of his nobles.

By My Hand

Aroamer Dondire

No ranger stands alone.