You see a snow white with piercing blue eyes holding a rolled parchment. 02/02/2010 11:35 AM CST

Guild Mistress Tomma,

It is with a heavy heart I write this. For years I have always tried to follow a ranger’s path and be true to the guild. We are the protectors of nature and life is indeed precious to the ranger. For years I served Zoluren in their fight for justice against their battle with Naarg and his army of ogres. After that I battled as a Lt. with the Zoluren Dragoons during the outcast war to free Shard from the outcast and their King. The way Ilithi was handled during the outcast war left a bitter taste in my mouth. I now serve Ilithi as part of their militia and as an Emerald knight sworn to defend the wall. While I feel it is my duty to protect the citizens of Shard, I also hold a high value for life and a healthy respect for all things living.

Last night a young man and his party ventured his way to Shard for some unknown reason. Rangers from the North which reside in Leth hastily sent me a missive with their wolves to inform me that these people were in fact blatant necromancers and wanted to warn Ilithi what was heading our way. Once the gentleman made it to Shard we pursued him for some time and eventually the sentinels caught up with the necromancer and imprisoned him. He did escape from Shard and after making numerous threats against the citizens was found at the gondola trying to head North again. This is where I find myself at a crossroads.

The necromancer was obviously no match for me, but in a fit of rage I struck him down with my bow. I have always worshipped the gods and tried to follow their commands. I adhere to wishes of the clerics and the orders of the high temple as well, but I find this inquisition tasteless as the necromancers that pollute the forests. Hunting for ones needs or at the desire of the guild leaders is one thing, but blatant taking of life leaves a heavy scar on my heart. Life is precious and should be held with the highest regard. Even in my hunts when I kill a creature I respect it and thank the creature for its sacrifice. These necromancers are foul beings, but the ones who have not become the undead themselves are still living breathing beings.

I have my duty to Ilithi and I have pledged allegiance to the Emerald Knights, but I walk with the gentleness of Kuniyo and find that I have no stomach for taking life of a Human, Elves, Kaldars, or whichever race they may be. In my heart and soul I know they are evil and mean the world harm, but I believe punishment should involve prison and blessings by those close to the gods. I am torn by this truly. I will continue to honor the wishes of the high temple, the Ilithi government, and the Emerald knights. I will not take another life unless that person means to harm others. Are we to become like the city of Crossing where a bloodbath is an everyday ritual? Is the consistent killing and take of life solving our problems? I fail to see how mass genocide makes us any better than the necromancers themselves. It would seem some mean to just wipe them out as opposed to helping them and pulling them away from the darkness. I would like to hear what the ranger council has to say on this matter. If not the rangers, who else would care more about a life force and what it means to take that life.

With Regards,

Emerald Knight Aroamer Dondire, Forester of Ilithi.

No ranger stands alone.
Re: You see a snow white with piercing blue eyes holding a rolled parchment. 02/06/2010 02:08 PM CST
A recent gweth in Zoluren:

"People of Zoluren! It is time once again for those who stand against Lyras and Necromancy to gather and renew the defenses of the High Temple. All magic users can help. We are beginning now at the West orb, and hope to see you there."

I support the Necromancers. I suggest The Crossings and Zoluren drops their murderous witch hunts under the guise of nationalism. While most public officials are on the record for capital punishment regarding necromancy, it is quickly turning our province into a police state. It is time to reconsider.

This is the best time for us to take a stand, not just in a fight against the eternal void, but perhaps more importantly, for living rights.

Freedom of speech. My gweth was smashed and I was accused of aiding necromancy following this announcement. Needless to say, my speech was chilled as are all other necormancers. How will we ever establish a safe and public discourse on the topic of necromancy without giving the other side a chance to speak and educate/be educated?

Freedom of religion. Freedom to practice. Freedom to withhold from practicing.

Freedom to assemble. Let necromancers maintain their guild and identity.

When a violent crime is committed by any member of society, it should still be prosecuted in just accordance to the law.

Likewise, a necromancer should be given the right to express their viewpoints. This does not infringe on other's rights. The only necromancer that should watch his back is the one that commits a violent crime, raises dead in public areas, etc. We are taking this too far.
Re: You see a snow white with piercing blue eyes holding a rolled parchment. 02/06/2010 03:35 PM CST
...This is a troll, right?

- Mazrian

The Flying Company

The Public Stat Data Project
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkqoUyrmvlKNdGlpeHZacEdldi1Ob2h3M1I5TXpCZVE&hl=en

Re: You see a snow white with piercing blue eyes holding a rolled parchment. 02/06/2010 03:56 PM CST
You are not a unique snowflake.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: You see a snow white with piercing blue eyes holding a rolled parchment. 02/06/2010 09:51 PM CST
All are welcome to express their viewpoints, just as anyone with a smasher is free to squash them for any reason whatsoever. I choose not to involve myself in the whole necromancy thing, but there are those who are actively seeking necromancers and hope to exterminate them. Surely you know this. Regardless of what guild you play, or province you play in, you play at your own risk. Some activities and behaviors make this riskier than others.

<<DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG. >>

You flat out, absolutely, 100% have no idea what you're talking about.

Solomon