Letter to Guildleader Tomma 01/18/2010 01:39 PM CST
An appeal left with Guildleader Tomma, Ilithi:

Guildmistress,

While observing the ferocity of a wolverine plundering a bear's kill, I noted its exceptional strength and alacrity. This left me to contemplate the effects gained from two of our more exotic spells, Bear Strength and Cheetah Swiftness. After much thought and numerous anlaen of study, I believe I have discovered a potential method by which to unleash similar effects to both spells with a single cast.

Enclosed are my notes on what I am tentatively entitling Rage of the Wolverine. In the case that I am mistaken on what effects and possible side-effects will be achieved, I have not yet attempted to utilize this spell pattern. It would be an honor if the Guild's researchers would examine these notes and determine their validity.

Should my findings be confirmed to some degree, I would like to place an application to join in the efforts of the Guild's research into the manipulation of Life energy and of raw Nature.

In these times of spreading corruption, it is my belief that Nature could be losing its ability to act accordingly as it becomes blind to the ebb and flow of the Balance. My proposition is that a skilled Ranger will have enough of Nature's trust to act as its eyes and influence it directly in whatever manner he or she desires, similar to but distinctly different from our more common art of Beseeching Nature to yield its power. Though such manipulation could be misused, I would claim that the potential to assist Nature is worth the risk if it can serve to achieve Balance.

At the very least, drawing more power out of our magic is becoming increasingly necessary. The Devitalize pattern shows what strength can be gained by ignoring the more traditional sense of Balance. With Nature already so imbalanced by profanity, it is suitable to delve into seemingly chaotic manipulation of energies to direct Nature forcefully against its foes. It should be, as such, of great interest to learn what other uses this manner of spellcasting can have, both offensively and defensively.

Should you find my notions to be ill informed, I will set aside these ambitions, but I urge you to explore these possibilities if such is not already being done.

Interest remains in when the Ranger Guildleaders will convene to discuss the threat of Lyras and the growing plague of necromancy. Distressingly, many of our Order, especially the youngest, seem to lack an understanding of the dangers. We cannot unite while such confusion infests our ranks.

- Xelten Tyrsin
Re: Letter to Guildleader Tomma 01/25/2010 08:25 PM CST
Posted on a tree near the entrance to all Ranger Guilds guilds:

Ranger Guildleader Paglar would like to have a brief meeting with Rangers from across Elanthia to discuss the current events, before taking it to council.
Meet in a few days time, Boar Clan Amphitheater. It will be brief, so don't be late.

OOC:
There will not be portals, so plan head. This will be a strictly roleplay In-character meeting, no OOC information will be discussed.
Date: Feb 3rd, 9pm EST (It's on the calendar)