Are you kiddin me? 04/15/2005 10:38 PM CDT
Did I lose a bunch of messages or did I see that its been a year since anyone posted in this folder? Jeezy Creezy.

Wow, I'd have figured there would be at least some conversation in here.

So how many sub-Ranger groups do we have anyway? Island Rangers, Trail Rangers, Swimmo Rangers, Crafty Rangers, Old Fashioned Rangers, etc etc...

Hawkman

"B. R."
Re: Are you kiddin me? 04/15/2005 10:58 PM CDT
Well rounded Ranger, Don't excel at any one skill, but, effective at many, guess you could say old fashioned.

< Moving with grace, you chop a bo stick at a brown bear. A brown bear fails to dodge. The stick lands a strong hit that vaporizes the skull into a fine scarlet mist (Mom would not be pleased!).
Kryllok...poking bears with sticks since 314
Re: Are you kiddin me? 04/15/2005 11:02 PM CDT
Nothing wrong with that of course. ;-)

We're Rangers because we're Rangers...

Hawkman

"B. R."
Re: Are you kiddin me? 04/15/2005 11:56 PM CDT
I am a dedicated shield crafter, destined to be the best shield bearer in the guild. Kurio, I'm coming for you.

So in the list you gave, I assume I would fall into the "Crafty" Ranger catagory.

Signed,
The Shield Crafter
Harome, until our next encounter
Founder of the unlicensed Craftsman business, The Circle of the Serpent.
CotS catalogue at http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1o6qk/circleoftheserpent/
Re: Are you kiddin me? 04/16/2005 04:03 AM CDT
Mrrar is a traditional ranger, perhaps? "Old Fashioned?"

Spends no time squabbling, seeks peaceful ends to solutions, tries to help those in need, spends as little time in the city as possible, helps the helpless (heh), and follows The Code (whatever that might mean...)

Traditional Ranger? Is that, Old Fashioned?

You could also add perhaps 'pwnzer' rangers or 'barbarian' rangers or whatever else descriptor you want to give that subset.. ;)
Re: Are you kiddin me? 04/16/2005 05:45 AM CDT
Hmmmm,traditional,yet crafty Rangah...I usually stay away from everyone,but I am a sucker for creation systems...just becasue theres a certain amount of pride in not only making but using things you created yerself...don't play the Cleric that way...he's lazy,but Izzy is always hunting,and basically only working towards being what the signature says...a Master Tanner.

He didn't start out that way,but thats another story all together.

Will,the puppetmaster behind...
Izzit
Master Tanner In Training
Asirin
Priest of Meraud

>tap my case
You tap an ebony lockpick case labeled "Evil Elf" that you are wearing.

Re: Are you kiddin me? 04/16/2005 01:11 PM CDT
Moon Ranger.

Kalika refuses to let me run the guild yet Kssarh won't let me into his (he knows I will take over since he is male and I can work my wiles on him), so Kalika tells me to forage whwnever I look at the stars too much, and kicks me out of the guild whenever I bring up "taking over" but i am still working to be ther best moon ranger there is.

Perception, Scouting, Magics, stealth, etc. are my mains, all things that will help me on the day Kssarh relents...

<chortles, that musta sounded REALLY weird...>

~player of Solstitia in Plat

Shakahn moves Tallnavor's lips so it looks like his lips are moving. In a voice somewhere near him says, "I sorry, ale sat wrong in tummy. No chicken eating, praise the chicken!"
Re: Are you kiddin me? 04/16/2005 02:02 PM CDT
I'm a crafty island Ranger.

WB Windbag. I don't think you've missed a folder.

~Dulcinia

I've been through diamonds
I've been through minks
I've been through it all
Love stinks
Re: Are you kiddin me? 04/16/2005 04:54 PM CDT
<<WB Windbag. I don't think you've missed a folder.
~Dulcinia>>

I did, I missed the GM Announcements folder. ;-) And thanks...

Hawkman

"B. R."
Re: Are you kiddin me? 04/16/2005 07:24 PM CDT
Im an island ranger. Who loves to hunt... but will regret till the day I walk the Starry Road that I chose LE as my main... Now Im trying to have HE take over... oh yea... bows and boxes are evil and I refuse to touch them anymore. They are almost as bad as veggies. And thats durn bad! hehe. Fear the veggie!

Kileigh Silverarow
Prydaen Huntress

"We are the wind, the hawk on the wing, the soaring spirit of the sky and the patient spirit of the earth. Our gold is sunlight, our gems are flowers, and our life...is the world's." - guild leader Kalika
Re: Are you kiddin me? 04/17/2005 01:42 AM CDT
>>Kileigh but will regret till the day I walk the Starry Road that I chose LE as my main

Ask someone to give you the light edge weapon from the Riverhaven swamp. From what I heard, it is a very useful thrusting weapon, though I will always prefer my viper hilted golden katar.

Signed,
The Shield Crafter
Re: Are you kiddin me? 04/17/2005 02:54 AM CDT
Actually one of the great things about the jambiya is that it slices just as well as it stabs. It's a very nice LE, and free to boot.

-Vision

This is smooth. Super smooth. If pudding could doodie, it wouldn't come out this smooth.
Re: Are you kiddin me? 04/24/2005 07:56 PM CDT
>>but will regret till the day I walk the Starry Road that I chose LE as my main

LE is an awesome tool for training other skills...since the introduction of the 'new' combat system, heavier weapons have a tendancy to kill too fast (barring the constant changing of stance). Ive all but put down my sabre and use my knife clan hunting knife almost exclusively for dancing. When you want to kill fast and effective, use ranged.

"Blow em all away, in the name of the lord!" - Jerry Falwell

Kartaan
Re: Are you kiddin me? 05/01/2005 12:28 PM CDT
Don't use ranged. Guess meh didnt introduce myself well enough, meh is the bow hating, box hating ranger. hehe. But meh did try out the jambiya and is all meh use now. So much nicer than meh poorly balanced forged katar. Am still back training HE. One day it will catch up. But am enjoying LE again.

Kileigh
Re: Are you kiddin me? 05/06/2005 08:26 PM CDT
Thief Ranger.

Jalika

You hear a female voice whisper, "Easily used when offered, probably is like other men. Always speaking with their muscles, and not the one that rests between their ears."
Re: Are you kiddin me? 06/22/2005 01:51 PM CDT
Seriously... use 2HE. It absolutely destroys.

If you want to dance just feint/jab/dodge over and over (the faster the better for balance). Feint/jab is slightly negative but jab/dodge is a bigger positive so you can achieve incredible/overwhelming. For things slightly above your level you can do feint/draw/jab/dodge and achieve similar results.

Ranged is really nice... but if you hate ranged 2HE is definitely the [stuff]. Strength is your friend.

The only reason I'd say to use HE over 2HE is if you're heavy into shield usage. And I think even that has been solved now with the new shields wearable on the arms (I haven't gotten my hands on one of them yet though so I'm not positive on how that works).
Re: Are you kiddin me? 12/05/2005 08:37 PM CST
I was once told that Rantjur was the only 'holy wanderer' in the guild. My first 10 circles were spend wearing heavy plate mail, and to this day I enjoy to joust. He wanders around and pretty much does anything he feels like doing.

He prefers wearing the field medic or surgeon title, cuz he's a tending ranger.

And as for ranged/melee..he's a longbow prime, HE secondary 2HE tertiary. And personally, I just got a bastie, and am LOVING the sick damage I do with that severe slice on it. Was teasing water sprites apart with 20 lessons in 2HE

You are wearing a leather cuff embroidered with the words "No Ranger stands alone."
Re: Are you kiddin me? 12/06/2005 03:11 AM CST
Dunno bout the "Only" Holy Wanderer Rantjur... Ive been wearin Heavy Plate since 10th circle when I went exploring in Adan'f, died a horrible death, and bumped into Amberre (The Gods bless that clankin lass wherever she may be.) and I joust occasionally too. (Read As: Fall off my horse while waving a spear). Like you, I think, Ive never felt the need to fit into the sterotype ranger mould that people outside the guild seem to have come up with (Leather wearing, stealthy, bow using Elf... grin).

> befriend list
You don't have any friends!

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that... Who cares... He's a mile away and you've got his shoes."
Re: Are you kiddin me? 12/06/2005 03:47 PM CST
>>Like you, I think, Ive never felt the need to fit into the sterotype ranger mould that people outside the guild seem to have come up with (Leather wearing, stealthy, bow using Elf... grin).

AKA: efficient

But even though that's what I am, I somehow apparently make people think I'm a Warrior Mage instead.

- Xelten Tyrsin
Re: Are you kiddin me? 12/06/2005 04:12 PM CST
Unless its a custom title, never heard of someone with it or the possibility.

Signed,
The Shield Crafter
Re: Are you kiddin me? 01/06/2006 12:18 AM CST
Rgamato is definitely not your stereotypical ranger. He has his points where he goes along with a lot of things that most rangers do, help the young, be faithful to friends and family, respect the code. But on the other hand he loves to sit and teach, sell things (part trader on mother's side), and is actually melee prime.
Rgamato Eneto-Member of the Order of the Crystal Wolf and ranger of Therengia
Re: Are you kiddin me? 01/19/2006 09:13 AM CST
Um ... don't quite know where Ex fits on the list. Maybe Old Fashioned I guess; has a distaste for cities of stone and metal, strongly dislikes anyone that claimes to 'own' land (like political leaders), but expresses these dislikes with silent defiance. She chooses to witness things and pray about them rather than act out against them on her own, but every now and then offers a statement or two against things she sees as unfair or wrong to others. Seeks guidance from nature and her God, and chooses stealth and cunning over direct combat. So what kind of ranger is that? Holy Spying Ranger, Defender of the living earth. haha. :3
Re: Are you kiddin me? 05/22/2006 03:58 PM CDT
I can remember when people used to point and laugh at me and my chain haubrek, and all used to chant " Real rangers dont wear chain ". Streotypes are for the unimagitive!

"Those who carry a shield intend to be struck!"
"Respect the Wilderness, Fear the Ranger!"

Ranger Vestibull
Re: Are you kiddin me? 09/14/2006 11:35 AM CDT
my ranger at the moment is training leather (until cloth armor is out) brawling, SB and ME. reason for the bwarling is simply he Prydaen and the three saw fit to give him claws to hunt with, Cloth armor is wanted simply because this is how i imagine he would look if he was still in his native lands, he is a Hunter Ranger