One tin soldier 08/20/2003 02:54 AM CDT
Somewhere in the talk about working voice the topic came up about posting your songs. And somewhere within that i believe we were told that that belongs in this folder. Well heres mine, its "One Tin Soldeir" Its a 60s folk song, but stole the punk verse of it by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. Its not in scripted form if you want to use it, but it wouldn't be hard to write a script for it. What'ca guys think?

verse 1
Listen children to a story;that was written long ago;Bout a kingdom on a mountain;and the valley far below;
On the mountain was a treasure;buried deep beneath the stone;And the valley people swore;they'd have it for their own;

chorus
So go ahead and hate your neighbor;go ahead and cheat a friend;Do it in the name of heaven;you can justify it in the end;
There won't be any trumpets blowing;come the judgment day;But on the bloody morning after;one tin soldier rides away;

verse 2
So the people from the valley;sent a message up the hill;Asking for the buried treasure;tons of gold for which they'd kill;
Came an answer from the kingdom;with our brothers we will share;All the secrets of the mountain;all the riches buried there.;

verse 3
Now the valley cried with anger; Mount your horses, draw your swords;And they killed the mountain people;so they won their just rewards;
Now they stood beside the treasure;on the mountain, dark and red;Turned the stone and looked beneath it;"Peace on earth" was all it said.

~ Wrynkler
Re: One tin soldier 08/20/2003 03:23 PM CDT
Cool song

sylviir...click on the website below and vote to see some mudd.

Don't forget to vote DR as the number one mud.
http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: One tin soldier 08/20/2003 03:57 PM CDT
Billy Jack!

Some people take this game too seriously; they need to take a step back sometimes. -- Blasword. circa 2003
Re: One tin soldier 08/20/2003 04:10 PM CDT
<<Billy Jack!>>

Ayup

~ Wrynkler
Re: One tin soldier 08/20/2003 08:19 PM CDT
<<Billy Jack!

The key to getting your message to a wide audience is in being subtle. He never understood that.

Sylvado

"It's not the destinations in life that give us satisfaction, it is the journeys"