Paladins 01/17/2003 10:25 AM CST
I did a quick pass on the Paladin folders and could not find any discussion on Shadow Clan. Will SC include paladins and if so what is it that the a SC paladin a rogue?

I will post my history when I find an electronic copy, or I scan my hard copy, I am lazy at the keyboard.

Sylvado

"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths."
Re: Paladins 01/17/2003 11:53 AM CST

I'm glad you brought that up.

Since Shadow Clan does concern paladins as well as rangers, I'd like to see posts about SC's stomping grounds take place in the Shard & Environs folder. This is still a great place for your character bios and RP stuff, though. Keep it coming :)

On a final note, a Shadow Clan paladin is still a paladin by definition. A rogue need not always be black of soul.

GM Ghisel
Re: Paladins 01/17/2003 01:15 PM CST
I'm getting excited about the roleplaying possiblities that Shadow Clan might present, but does anyone have any ideas as to what we might see with Shadow Clan? I read the book twice and I may just be thick, but I don't understand what Shadow Clan actually is...anyone lay it out for me and share their ideas about what the GMs have up their sleves for us?

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia

"Fallacious cognitions spewed from televisions do mold our decisions. So stop and take a look, and you'll see what I see now." -Incubus
Re: Paladins 01/17/2003 01:26 PM CST
I imagine a rogue Paladin would be a bit like a ronin samurai. Or maybe Lancelot before he met Arthur. Someone with no attatchments.

Of course, once they were a part of Shadow Clan, they'd have attatchments, so would they still be rogue?

Qreyq

Come to the Pack House!
http://www.rakashpack.8m.com

Re: Paladins 01/17/2003 01:30 PM CST
Very good example, Qreyq, I like.

>>Of course, once they were a part of Shadow Clan, they'd have attatchments, so would they still be rogue?

Well, using your example, it would be alike a group of ronin banding together. They're still ronin as they are without sponsor.

So for SC they are "rogues" because they have not sworn allegiance to a particular city/province/ruler/lord/etc yet they still follow a code of honor similar to (or exactly like, maybe) that which the "attached" ones do.

Just my guess.

~~~Krin
Re: Paladins 01/18/2003 07:58 AM CST
>>I'm getting excited about the roleplaying possiblities that Shadow Clan might present, but does anyone have any ideas as to what we might see with Shadow Clan?

My biggest fear is that Pureblade is never gonna leave Shard.

>>I don't understand what Shadow Clan actually is...anyone lay it out for me

"Shard Histories" (http://www.wilderun.net/library/hssh.htm) helps fill in a couple gaps. Simply put, Shadow Clan was "a group of humans... a mixture of Rangers and rogue Paladins...the only thing that keeps at bay the Black Hand and the horrors it contains."

"Treatise to the Gathered" (http://www.wilderun.net/library/hoetg.htm) is an account of the birth of the Shadow Clan.

>>share their ideas about what the GMs have up their sleves for us?

Lots of death in horrible, nasty ways. I suspect SOP will come in handy ;)

~Kyrrian
Re: Paladins 01/18/2003 12:32 PM CST
>>My biggest fear is that Pureblade is never gonna leave Shard.

The Temple of Darkness does have good holy mana, yes.

But I really doubt Pureblade should have any interest in stopping Adan'f and such mainly because.

1) He isn't ready to fight them on a daily basis.
2) He's from Albaria, so it's not like he'd traditionally have been raised to fight them from day one
3) Shard = has nothing in it.
Re: Paladins 01/20/2003 10:56 AM CST
>>>I imagine a rogue Paladin would be a bit like a ronin samurai. Or maybe Lancelot before he met Arthur. Someone with no attatchments.

Of course, once they were a part of Shadow Clan, they'd have attatchments, so would they still be rogue?<<<

Qreyq

This is a very good point you brought up Qreyq. My thoughts would follow yours along those lines.

Oh me would agree with Krin also. They are still rouges, I have not seen where it is written in history as to when or how they ever committed to said Leader of the area.

Takei
House of Shiningmoon
Re: Paladins 01/20/2003 10:59 AM CST
<<They are still rouges>>

Let us now salute the order of Red Knights!

:::ducks:::

Alle
Re: Paladins 01/20/2003 11:49 AM CST
<<They are still rouges>>

<<Let us now salute the order of Red Knights!>>

<<:::ducks:::>>

<<Alle

I was SOOOooo hoping I wasn't the only one who had that thought! <laughs>
Re: Paladins 01/23/2003 03:16 PM CST
>I will post my history when I find an electronic copy, or I scan my hard copy, I am lazy at the keyboard.

you know if we all posted our histories we could really clutter up this place.

>Lots of death in horrible, nasty ways. I suspect SOP will come in handy ;)

As well as PLS. I figure by now the dark hand will have moved full on into the corruption of life via necromancy. All abominations must die! Cough unless it turns out the Rakash were a Dark hand experiment in which case we're really not abominations, honest.

>Oh me would agree with Krin also. They are still rouges, I have not seen where it is written in history as to when or how they ever committed to said Leader of the area.

I'ld say if their guild hasn't declared unmitigated war on the Dark Hand and they as Paladins have they would be rogue within their guild despite having a just cause and possibly a very pure soul.

Arrys
Re: Paladins 01/24/2003 09:30 PM CST
Where's there information on the Dark Hand? Besides the area in southern Ilithi.

-Evita- (lowly cannibal currently stranded on M'riss)