Gathering of the Clans 08/24/2009 11:40 PM CDT
For the information of all Mountain Men, Highlanders, Survivalists, Coon-cuddlers, Journeyman, and anyone else who claims to be a ranger, this is the word.

The Picnic, called the 'Gathering of the Clans', is to be held on 04October2009, at 3PM EST in Langenfirth, at our guildhall.

Events are to include:

Archery Contest.

This will not be run like your normal contest. This will be set up like an NCAA Basketball tournament, with players' names substituted for teams. Think of it as the 64names to 32names to 16 to 8 to 4 to 2 to 1. It'll add a little depth that normally isn't there in a traditional contest, where you're matched with someone who's very close in skill to you.

This will allow several random factors to come into play, and has eased the need to create prizes/awards for every conceivable bracket. It's meant to be fun, and ok, a little bragging rights.

And yes, there will be multiple awards given, for dishing out an Upset, or for losing to someone you shouldn't have (like, impossibly, if I beat Falkonis), Sportsmanship, etc.

And yes, the use of CJs, spells, or any other enhancements is STRICTLY prohibited. Your basic skill only. No See the Wind, no Tailwind, no CJ, no predictions, no nothing. I catch anyone doing this, and I assure you, your life will suck.

The archery contest is being run by Ranger Scrambles.

Charades.

Brush up on your ranger signs! I need a couple (2-4) volunteers to assist in running this game. This will preclude you from participating in it, but you are free to do the other events.

The goal is to have several small groups playing at once. One person (the 'judge') will make a sign using the ranger sign signals, starting with one or two words and ending with long sentences. The players who correctly identify the signs, when directed for them to respond, will move on, until only one player from each group remains. The winners of each small group will go on to play the 'end game', where the final charades winner will be announced.

Any player caught cheating (i.e. using the beseech to imbue on a rock, or taking abnormally long to respond because you're GOOGLE-ing the answer so to speak will be disqualified, and like I mentioned for archery, your life will suck.)

Currently, the only volunteer judge I have is Falkonis. I need 2-4 more people to assist in this particular event.

Storytelling:

Bring your stories of Rangerly deeds, of Kalika's prowess, or Audacia's awesomeness. Stories will be scored on content and quality, and there are meant to be multiple winners. So stock up on stories of Rantjur's good deeds, and you might just come home with a nifty prize or two!

And for what it's worth, I'm doing everything I can to get a merchant and/or alterer to show up.

But I do have it on good authority that a friendly ranger-guild face might be showing, someone you've known for years, and would never expect to see in Langenfirth. More to follow on that as it develops!

And please, the rules and guidelines for the events are still somewhat written in mud. Let me know if you forsee any major issues with anything, and anything that I may have overlooked that you would like to see.
I'm always open to suggestions here, at my play.net, or at RangerRantjur on AIM.

Sarkranis: "From outside of the Empath's guild, go east, north, and through the hospital backdoor."
Trinean: "I'm not sure I trust healing through the back door."
Zamara: "It's not so bad, once you get used to it."