Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/21/2007 07:24 PM CDT
I have made a title calculator page that covers most of the Survival 1-3 titles presently--info taken off the title page. Any title with certain requirements and of the form Specific Skill or Specific Stat at least Number are covered. Comments are appreciated. I will be adding to it as time allows. Enjoy.

http://www.disingenuous.net/titles.php

~Lothekor
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/21/2007 07:49 PM CDT
Nice work! Can't wait to see it updated.
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/21/2007 07:54 PM CDT
This is exactly what I was talking about. Thanks alot and can't wait to see it as it fills out.

Rejik
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/21/2007 08:02 PM CDT
Yeah, this is pretty hot. Can't wait to see the end results.

"...you do not deserve Ability X just because another guild received it." -Armifer

"Sabbra Caddabra" your skill/title/ability is now mine.
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/22/2007 06:35 PM CDT
Love the calculator, thanks, looking forward to more, already got it bookmarked. :)

~Tha Daisy Ranga

You say, "Uh yea...thats it...it was just a method to cook the ham, not burn you alive.."

Gandalug says, "hmmm let me drop the ham first next time"
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/23/2007 12:44 AM CDT
You're welcome. Glad you are liking it. =)
It's been updated to cover half of the non-guild, non-rp titles.
More to come for sure.

~Lothekor
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/23/2007 08:41 AM CDT
Wow, this rocks.

-Sephos
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/23/2007 08:59 AM CDT
Toxicologist
Need 150 (150) of Fisrt Aid.

Also, I'd rather not see these titles as I'm not a ranger:
Drifter
Need 25 (25) of Scouting.

Cool calculator though.
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/23/2007 11:29 AM CDT
Maybe eventually could add a guild selection box and then filter guild titles as well as any which require guild specific skills (scouting/backstab/trading/empathy/music lore/astrology/etc). As I said before, great site and thanks for putting the work in on it.

Rejik
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/23/2007 11:25 PM CDT
ZONKAR:
<<Need 150 (150) of Fisrt Aid.

Good catch, thanks. Fixed.

ZONKAR:
<<Also, I'd rather not see these titles as I'm not a ranger:
and Rejik:
<<Maybe eventually could add a guild selection box and then filter guild titles as well as any which require guild specific skills (scouting/backstab/trading/empathy/music lore/astrology/etc).

Not displaying titles with guild-only skills for characters who are not of that guild is a good idea. Right now the webpage does not look at which guild the character is in before displaying a title and any needed skills or stats. This is one of the next things I want to add to the site (along with a gender check), so it will not display titles that do not match the required gender, guild or contain guild-only skills in the requirements.

As far as capturing from the user which guild the character is in (and other facts), this is potentially occuring now depending on what is pasted into the INFO box. Guild, race, gender, circle, favors, deaths, ect possibly are being processed and are available to be checked, they just aren't because I haven't set it up to just yet.

Thanks for all the kind words. =)

~Lothekor
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/23/2007 11:41 PM CDT
I think there might be something wrong with the hiding check. Doesn't seem to be counting it from the EXP all section once I get down to the criminal section.
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/24/2007 08:51 PM CDT
SUNDER18:
<<I think there might be something wrong with the hiding check. Doesn't seem to be counting it from the EXP all section once I get down to the criminal section.

I think I have got this fixed. Two word mind states weren't being handled properly and then goofing the next skill in line. If not, please email or post more details. Thanks.

~Lothekor
Title Calc: http://disingenuous.net
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 06/25/2007 12:04 PM CDT
Pretty cool site!!!!

Da Madd Webba

How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sportin' with puppies?

You might as well pay attention since your behind can't afford free speech

I'm like a pee stained mattress, don't sleep on me!
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 07/01/2007 09:49 PM CDT
Nother idea that seems like it would be fairly easy to implement would be to have a title count at the top of the page, ie You are currently eligible for 86 titles or some such. Some of us are real big on numbers and having one more number to watch going up will be fun heh.

Rejik
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 07/03/2007 12:55 AM CDT
Rejik:
<<Nother idea that seems like it would be fairly easy to implement would be to have a title count at the top of the page...

This is a cool idea. A bit tricky is more like it. =P It can be done but I'll have to figure a way to have it display at the top. So on the bottom of the page for sure.

(Quick update: Calc now covers over half non-rp titles. Enjoy.)

~Lothekor
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 07/04/2007 02:49 AM CDT
Nice work Lothekor. I almost started on one myself, though then I decided I was much too lazy.

Skill Differ: http://www.xamlcoder.com/dr/skilldiff.aspx
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 07/16/2007 01:28 AM CDT
MCBRIDEJ:
Glad you like it. Actually this is my doing something other than what I was too lazy to do, heh.

Rejik:
I have added the counter you wanted.....sort of. It's on the bottom of the page and it counts the opposite. ::ducks:: I'll switch it around after I get my counting script rewritten. And then I'll see about getting it up top. Enjoy.

~Lothekor
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 07/16/2007 07:59 PM CDT
Thanks! 103 to go. Let the countdown begin heh.

Rejik
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 07/17/2007 03:53 AM CDT
Really I like your title calc a lot, good work. I had a thought, however and I'm not sure how feasable it would be to use it. Much like an exp calc you would put your exp all into one window and then you would put your list of titles from any certain category into another window. After enough people submitted saying "I have 250 ranks in ? and I have this title" you could start pinning down exact numbers for some of the "? ranks in Hiding" kinda titles.

I'm not sure the mechanics of it, but I think it would be nice if it could be figured out. Just like I would post and say "I have 600 hiding and I have the Mirage title" and your title list would then list Mirage at <600 Hiding, and then someone else has it with 574 hiding, so your calc then lists it as <574, etc. Until it's pinned down.

Anyway, even if something like that is not feasable your calc is still sweet so good work.

-Teeklin

"Instead of killing and dying in order to produce the being that we are not, we have to live and let live in order to create what we are." -Albert Camus
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 07/17/2007 01:41 PM CDT
I'd like to see all the experience required even for the titles I do have. Maybe in a different color or something? So instead of it saying you need 5 ranks of stalking for Sneak title, it maybe says you need 5 ranks of stalking (in black?) and have 300 ranks of hiding (in red?)

"...you do not deserve Ability X just because another guild received it." -Armifer

"Sabbra Caddabra" your skill/title/ability is now mine.
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 07/18/2007 09:47 PM CDT
Rejik:
103 is impressive! I did figure out a much simpler way to get number of eligible titles so that's been updated on the calc. And not to disrupt the counting of your progress, 433 titles were listed for male rangers and 440 for female, so you would have been eligible for 330 or 337 depending on gender.

Teeklin:
Thanks. I have definitely given thought to doing what you are suggesting and even two steps further (so much in ??? reqs and theif pretend reqs). My priority right now is doing titles with known requirements. And I also don't know how much SIMU would appreciate me "encouraging" people to check all title categories after each ranking of a skill or each raising of a stat, more than they already do by providing an automated collection mechanism.
Though I would like to fill in the question marks as much as possible. If anyone has info they want to share I'll glady add it in. I prolly won't start doing any investigating myself until after I get the "magic" and ability type reqs worked out, which shouldn't be too long. Glad you are liking the calc. =)

MARKM02:
<<I'd like to see all the experience required even for the titles I do have.

This is a good idea, thanks. And certainly something I can do for most of the reqs. And yeah definitely in colors.

~Lothekor
Re: Beginnings of a Title Calculator 07/18/2007 10:02 PM CDT
Ok well not 103 anymore. Currently

Stats:
Number of listed titles: 458
Number of listed titles eligible for: 276
Number of listed titles NOT eligible for: 182

Love this thing, thanks!