Vision's Tanning Database... 10/07/2005 07:33 AM CDT
...is now up and running. It's ugly, it's clunky, but it's up. I'll be working on making it look pretty and adding search functionality and some other stuff over the coming weeks, but for now it's just a listing of all my data so far. I'm working on filling out the whole table for all the skins/pattern combos, but... that's a crapload of work and I'm kinda a slacker.

The site may change a bit also as I add more stuff, but for now it can be found at:

http://tribehawk.com/tanning/index.php

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Vision's Tanning Database... 04/25/2006 10:03 PM CDT
...has been updated to include a whole mess of new things. Thanks to all who sent me apps of their tanned items to include.

http://tanning.tribehawk.com/

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 04/25/2006 10:17 PM CDT
great page.

~Dark
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 04/26/2006 04:10 PM CDT
Very nice, thanks.

~Dulcinia

If it was just a 3-hour tour, why did the Howells pack so much stuff?

[Meerc] "People are irritatesome..."
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 04/26/2006 06:26 PM CDT
I showed Malachias your site and he liked it a lot, but was curious what "100 part" meant.

Lucerella

<<"A woman is a lot like a refrigerator. 6 feet tall, 300 pounds ... it makes ice." -Homer Simpson>>
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 04/26/2006 06:29 PM CDT
A trophy skin, when you COUNT it, will always have 100 parts.

~Dulcinia

If it was just a 3-hour tour, why did the Howells pack so much stuff?

[Meerc] "People are irritatesome..."
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 04/26/2006 06:39 PM CDT
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... mystery solved. Thanks.

<<"A woman is a lot like a refrigerator. 6 feet tall, 300 pounds ... it makes ice." -Homer Simpson>>
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 04/26/2006 07:32 PM CDT
Yeah, 100 part skins are perfectly peeled, arranged skins.
I need to clean that page up, and maybe make the search function more prominent (it's much easier than trying to scroll through all those entries on the front page). Alas, I have boat-loads of schoolwork to do, so I'm not sure when that'll get done. But I'm working on it.

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 08/30/2006 11:35 AM CDT
>Yeah, 100 part skins are perfectly peeled, arranged skins.
I need to clean that page up, and maybe make the search function more prominent (it's much easier than trying to scroll through all those entries on the front page). Alas, I have boat-loads of schoolwork to do, so I'm not sure when that'll get done. But I'm working on it.

Hmm I would have sworn when I played with it that On my many marginal items I always got the best adjective only from the highest value of the perfect skins. Are all trophy skins created equal regardless of value? AKA all 100 part skins equal?

They seemed easier to stitch based on messaging. That was using a new pattern per item years ago now. Before you could count which is why I read here trying to figure out what those 100 part things were;).
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 08/30/2006 01:32 PM CDT
Do you have a link Arrys?

Gahlron Dragon'Claws
Ranger
~Everything's better with gravy~
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 08/30/2006 01:59 PM CDT
imperfect quotation visions site is excellent for deciding what skins to make what types of armor out of. scroll back a few pages for her link. nice table with a bunch of different patterns and the skins used to make them. playing around with tanning is pretty fun but expensive if you are perpetually poor like me.

I don't do websites to much work;).
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 08/30/2006 03:16 PM CDT
http://www.tanning.tribehawk.com/

Asterid

All great men are dead, and I am not feeling well.
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 08/30/2006 04:25 PM CDT
Can someone post a general estimate of how much skill each of the major armors take to tan?

FOR EXAMPLE - Collared leathers 300 armor 200 mech

Da Madd Webba aka Da Truth aka too Real for TV

You might as well pay attention since your behind can't afford free speech

Denial is not just a river in Egypt!"....

I'm like a pee stained mattress, don't sleep on me!
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 08/30/2006 09:26 PM CDT
Send it private, don't want to get even more depressed.

-Cordin
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 08/31/2006 11:24 AM CDT
Weeba, you're probably close on the armor, but I think you need 320+ in mech to make collared. Sharrielle can't make perfect collared out of gargs yet and she has about 310 or so in mech. She also has over 300 in leather. She makes the next step down though, ummm superior I think.

Bluefalcon
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 08/31/2006 11:45 AM CDT
At what point can you start fashioning, say, a rat-pelt sack? I'm still a rather young ranger but want to get started in tanning... but am a bit at a loss for WHAT to start on. Plus I just plain want a rat-pelt sack, no matter how crudely made it is.

Stats/skills that might be relevant to assistance...

Strength: 10
Agility: 14
Reflex: 16

Skinning: 34
Mech Lore: 20
Scholarship: 9 (will I even be able to read the pattern?)

Kurako in Plat
Re: Vision's Tanning Database... 09/02/2006 05:16 PM CDT
I say its never too early to start tanning,but I dont see where youd have a problem making a rat pelt sack...you dont nead to read the pattern either,simply place it on the tanned skin/hide. Prolly be able to make a weapon strap as well,headband for sure. Just try a lil bit of everything long as ya can afford the materials,cause tanning isnt the cheapest hobby to have. I personally enjoy every 15-20 or so ranks seeing how much my skills have improved,makes all the tediousness worthwhile.

Good luck!

Will,the unstable mind behind-

Izzit
Master Tanner in Training

Asirin
Priest Of Meraud
---