What's your favorite internet browser? 09/05/2005 03:26 AM CDT
As most of you know, or should anyway. When you're making a website everything can depend upon your browser. Some files need plug-ins and aren't compatable with other browsers. I'd like to know what browsers do you use? IE? FireFox? Netscape? Safari? Let me know so I can make your website expierience more pleasant.

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
Mark Twain
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/05/2005 03:38 AM CDT
Firefox4lyfe babay.

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/05/2005 04:14 AM CDT
My browser of choice is also Firefox. Got to love tabbed browsing.

Bluefalcon
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/05/2005 04:55 AM CDT
IE

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/05/2005 08:11 AM CDT
firefox ftw, though I still pop into IE for some things.

~Granthor
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/05/2005 10:20 AM CDT
all IE

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/05/2005 10:30 AM CDT
Safari. And yes tabbed browsing is keen :)

--
Ranger Hanryu _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, Sword of House Calibanor
You thumb a platinum coin stamped with large letters that read "IN SSRA WE TRUST"
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/05/2005 11:12 AM CDT
Okay ladies and gents thanks for all the responses so far. Here's the problem. I like websites, I like codeing my own html, but I'm horrible at getting the html to work for all browsers. The site I've created works fine in IE but when it comes to netscape or firefox dimensions are different and other files don't work requiring plug-in's. They are basicaly midi music embedded in the background. I know I know I've been told.....sound and video files are horrible for websites. Hey, it's great ear and eye candy if I can just get to work. Anywho, just trying to find out what the majority of players use because even though I enjoy the creativity it defeats the purpose if others can't read it. Any suggestions would be nice as well in reference to html on multiple browsers.

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
Mark Twain
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/05/2005 12:04 PM CDT
well, first off, IE is the ONLY browser that does not actually conform to the 4.0 or 4.01 HTML standard as set forth by W3C (world wide web consortium, http://www.w3.org/). How you make your site can pretty much determine your compatibility with any particular broswer. Pretty much, if you use an editor from Microsoft you can be 95% certain there will be some kind of compatibility problem with ANY browser not made by Microsoft. Best bet is even if you do use an editor to create your pages, go through your code line by line and check it against the standards put out by W3C (especially video and sound).

~Granthor
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/05/2005 02:47 PM CDT
The solution to your problem is to not put MIDI in the backgrounds.

It's so painful.

Also, Firefox is wonderful, however, IE7 is supposed to be a 'firefox killer.' So I await to see results.

As of late, Spyware has been growing better at exploiting firefox security holes, which while not as numerous as IE, naturally exist. It was stunning when I had my first popups.

So I asked this God a question
and by way of firm reply,
He said: "I'm not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays".
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/06/2005 11:36 AM CDT
There is a plug in available to make IE tabbed browsing.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/06/2005 02:45 PM CDT
>The solution to your problem is to not put MIDI in the backgrounds.

Agreed. If I ever put midi in the background of a web page, remind me to commit seppuku to regain my honor.

I use firefox, myself. Partly to prevent spyware, partly to conform to w3 standards (Ytmnd.com never rendered right in IE for me), but mostly because the icon and name are awesome.

And I did notice some popups, but I don't consider those to be security risks as much as just plain annoying. What I REALLY hate are those floating things that move about the page as you scroll. Thank goodness for the Nuke Anything and flashblock plugins.

Steel.

OMG! YOU HAVE <insert ability here> YOU ARE OVERPOWERED! DIE, GUILD, DIE!
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/06/2005 04:13 PM CDT
While we're on the subject, does anyone else have issues with viewing pdfs in Firefox? I notice a lot of the time, it totally freezes my browser up when I try to go backwards from one, and I gotta kill Firefox off in the taskbar and restart it...

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/06/2005 04:16 PM CDT
Nope, I just loaded up a pdf of the DCMA. 3rd result down on a search for 'pdf'. Maybe you should reinstall acrobat reader or something?

Steel.

OMG! YOU HAVE <insert ability here> YOU ARE OVERPOWERED! DIE, GUILD, DIE!
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/06/2005 04:23 PM CDT
Hmmm that's a possibility, I'll try it. It also doesn't happen everytime I open a pdf, it's like 1/10 chance it'll happen though.

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/06/2005 05:24 PM CDT
Clear out the cookies, and the cached docs and your temp files on your computer.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/06/2005 06:25 PM CDT
also going with your standed tech support answera, check your resources and make sure there above 80% and kill anything running in the back round, remove any faulty drivers, and update....
Re: What's your favorite internet browser? 09/07/2005 03:31 AM CDT
Might also check to make sure you have the latest version of adobe acrobat. Older versions may not be compatible with firefox.

Mole
_______
At 1.0000001 with the Universe