Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Treehouse 03/06/2003 03:40 AM CST
When they get ready to take the picture...don't giggle. Giggling would be bad. <snicker> Now I've this mental image of her picture looking like she's trying not to giggle.
Re: Treehouse 03/06/2003 11:31 AM CST
<ignores you all>

I'm too depressed to giggle.
Re: Treehouse 03/06/2003 02:34 PM CST
>>Falk>>Our collection grows daily as more ppl learn about the site.

What do you mean, "our", kemosabe?

<poke>

You weren't the one lying in bed at 5am because they couldn't sleep, their brain flipping through ideas of how to update the darned site. :-P

~~~Krin
Re: Treehouse 03/06/2003 02:38 PM CST
He might have been.

And if he is kemosabe...you Tonto..you go to town and get beat up while waits for report. Least ways the way I remember the Lone ranger episodes going.

The player of Timargnon/Peperic
"In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks." - Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Treehouse 03/06/2003 03:12 PM CST
You kidding? His momma wont let him stay up that late on a school night.

:-D

~~~Krin
Re: Treehouse 03/06/2003 03:21 PM CST
Perhaps he dropped his teddy bear?

The player of Timargnon/Peperic
"In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks." - Calvin and Hobbes
Re: Treehouse 03/06/2003 04:31 PM CST
<<What do you mean, "our", kemosabe?

Who's the one that started this and has gathered most of the pics?

Yah I thought so! Hush

Falk

When things dont go your way: .report %1
Re: Treehouse 03/06/2003 05:49 PM CST
I will not cut my hair! That is blasphemy... I guess...

But.. no.. sorry... isn't happening.

Laz (Larzul)
Re: Treehouse 03/07/2003 07:14 AM CST
DON'T cut the hair!
Re: Treehouse 03/07/2003 02:20 PM CST
Too late, I already did.

Oh ... you mean ... nevermind.

~~~Krin
Another Treehouse Update 03/18/2003 05:42 PM CST
The archery page is up, sorta. It's not complete, but wanted to get posted what I had and get it going. You will find a basic discussion of bows, their use and the "recipe" for how to craft a short bow, longbow or arrow.

The last section, supplies, I am still working on. It will include, when finished, the old wood charts as well as what I have so far for the new caps. Since I already have just over 200 longbow, I wont be able to fill in every 10-rank line that you see on the old charts, but I will fill in the caps for those woods which I have already capped. At least knowing the caps gives you a good judge of the quality of the bow you are looking at if you know what the best is.

I would start using my Plat Ranger to fill in the gaps (or even use the one I have in TF) but unless Raenek indicates it's going to be a couple years or more before we see the new fletching system, it hardly seems worth the effort since it will all be moot anyway when the new system comes out.

I also don't have data on all arrowheads, but will be collecting what I can over time and fill that chart out as well. But when all is said and done, I stand by my previous statements anyway: there may be certain arrowheads which are better in certain situations, there may be certain arrowheads which are better overall ... but for the hands-down best arrowhead for universal use and ease of acquisition, the choice is clear, you go with broad-barbed. If you can acquire hele teeth and pound out perfect arrowheads, or can make plats so quick its sickening and don't mind paying for them, more power to you. If you don't mind fiddling around with a dozen different arrowhead types (and the weight of all those arrows doesn't get you killed), again ... more power to you. Broad-barbed serve me excellently in all situations and are both easy (relatively) and cheap to acquire. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :-D

Anyway, here's the link <glances at Jrendel>:

http://krinahd.lucerella.com/Archery.html

~~~Krin
Re: Another Treehouse Update 03/18/2003 05:47 PM CST
Anyway, here's the link <glances at Jrendel>:

http://krinahd.lucerella.com/Archery.html

~~~Krin

Look at that just a few kaldar treats and I got em fully trained!

Da Not So Madd Webba
Re: Another Treehouse Update 03/18/2003 05:55 PM CST
>>jrendel>>Look at that just a few kaldar treats and I got em fully trained!

Not trained, just too busy to deal with it. UNless you mean trained in the sense that a pit bull is "trained", even though it will turn on you at any moment. :-D

~~~Krin
Re: Another Treehouse Update 03/18/2003 06:41 PM CST
powder puff

Now fix the circle calc!

Da Not So Madd Webba
Re: Another Treehouse Update 03/18/2003 07:11 PM CST
I love the picture for the archery page LOL that's great Krin.

~Akashera
Re: Another Treehouse Update 03/19/2003 08:37 AM CST
>>powder puff<<

that is not entirely right.

It should have been

Power Puff Girl.

Arctuniol

"In an open world, Who needs windows or gates?"
Treehouse not found? 04/24/2003 05:41 PM CDT
OK, for some strange reason, Yahoo!WebHosting seems to be having domain server problems and it isn't properly linking my subdomain right now. If you try to find the treehouse and get a 404 error, try using the direct path. Instead of:

http://krinahd.lucerella.com/

use:

http://www.lucerella.com/krinahd/

... and all should be well. Since all of my page links use relative link references rather than absolute references, all the links on the pages should work fine, it's just getting to the first page that might be a pain. Sorry for the inconvenience.

~~~Krin
Re: Treehouse not found? 04/24/2003 11:03 PM CDT
get a better web host you lop. How many times I have to tell you this stuff. Sheesh.

Arctuniol

In the words of Mr. Aldouri, "The Game is over."
Treehouse Update 08/18/2003 05:20 PM CDT
Finally got around to clearing a few small items off of my "to do" list. Would have gotten more done, but FrontPage seems to love scrambling my links all up and I ended up spending time again fixing them by hand. <mutter>

Changed the layout just a little bit, mainly just rearranging how a few of the pages are linked together. The pages for magic, beseeches, trails and archery got moved under a new category (instead of being stand-alone) called "core skills and abilities". A couple of new categories were added, to be filled later. Also, the calc was updated to take care of that minor problem with music skills not registering properly (if you have music as one of your top 3 lores, as a Ranger, you are a FREAK, sorry :-P).

Finally, for those just bound and determined to use a chart instead of a calc for looking at their req's, I built one today (which is what took most of my time ... dang those things are cumbersome). No links to it from within the site ... yet ... but that is because I have a special plan for linking calcs and charts together, don't want to increase my own workload unnecessarily. So if you want it, note the link and bookmark it (this means YOU especially, WEBBA!):

http://krinahd.lucerella.com/RangerChart.html

More updates to come, including calcs for RT's & origami, fishing, Guild calcs and charts for the other 9 Guilds and many other things still on my list. <sigh>

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Re: Treehouse Update 08/18/2003 05:27 PM CDT
<<(if you have music as one of your top 3 lores, as a Ranger, you are a FREAK, sorry :-P).>>

Dueling whistles, anyone? <g>

Lyr
Re: Treehouse Update 08/18/2003 05:36 PM CDT
>if you have music as one of your top 3 lores, as a Ranger, you are a FREAK, sorry :-P

Scholarship: 86 24% perplexing Mechanical Lore: 126 97% concentrating
Appraisal: 113 41% perplexing Teaching: 88 04% clear
Trading: 5 84% clear Animal Lore: 67 96% pondering
Percussions: 26 84% pondering Strings: 31 64% muddled
Winds: 31 79% concentrating Vocals: 124 30% clear

Granted Jal's training isn't neccessarily normal, but I wouldn't throw her into the freak catagory. Well..maybe.

Jalika
Re: Treehouse Update 08/18/2003 05:52 PM CDT
Mech lore is highest Jalika. Sometimes being a freak is a good thing.

Pep, Ranger in training.
Re: Treehouse Update 08/18/2003 06:00 PM CDT
Mech is first, but Krin said top 3, and my vocals are definitely clearing second lore easily.

Figure its only smart since they'll be useful one day.

Jal
Re: Treehouse Update 08/19/2003 10:32 AM CDT
>>Jalika>>Figure its only smart since they'll be useful one day.

You didn't know vocals would be handy until relatively recently and yet it surpasses your animal lore, appraisal and almost your mech (missed by 2 ranks).

Which means you practiced music when it meant little to us besides TDP's ... you're a FREAK. :-P

~~~Krin
Re: Treehouse Update 08/19/2003 11:15 AM CDT
>You didn't know vocals would be handy until relatively recently and yet it surpasses your animal lore, appraisal and almost your mech (missed by 2 ranks).

>Which means you practiced music when it meant little to us besides TDP's ... you're a FREAK. :-P

Now, now, Krin. You should listen better. We were told that music was going to be useful one day....ages ago. To be honest I think its almost 2 years now. Wasn't until a few months ago we knew it would be vocals.

Jalika
Re: Treehouse Update 08/19/2003 11:34 AM CDT
ya well alotta stuff is said they don't expect us to belive it all

Greyfall/Thyw
Poodles can fly, too. They just can't land. ~~ Qreyq
If you don't find death death will find you.
The gene pool needs cleansing and I am the minister of chlorine.
Solch ist lebens
Zu jedem besitzt seiner ist

Treehouse Updated ... finally 11/21/2003 12:27 PM CST
Being unable to log back into the game last night, got my butt in gear and made a couple updates. A few pictures sitting in my inbox got added to the pics page, and I reloaded ALL the HTML pages to make sure the site was using all the changes I had made here and there, including the addition of a skills chart (though I don't think there's actually a link pointing to it anywhere, heh) for those who just don't like using calcs and prefer charts, as well as a link on the Misc Bits page that will take you to one of my recent creations, a page that will help you build a XML file to import into eScape, using your Wizard files as sources ... import your Wizard settings into eScape.

For those concerned with privacy, the code is entirely in the page itself and the JScript file it loads to run in tandem, all the work is done on your computer, no data is sent to my server at all.

Now that I am using Genie, I am looking at making a similar converter for Genie. Someday, I will learn how to build a stand-alone EXE file that you can download and it will automate the process, loading in the necessary files itself (and saving the output XML) instead of the user having to copy/paste all of it themselves.

Until I update the calc page to include a link (eventually I hope to post a calc for each Guild ... choose by dropdown menus which Guild and whether you want the calc or the chart), here's a direct link:

http://krinahd.lucerella.com/RangerChart.html

~~~Krin
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
Re: Treehouse Updated ... finally 11/21/2003 02:23 PM CST
Krin,

Did you link those jpg's you posted? The one a map of crossing (sorta color map on how it was laid out?) the other a map of Elanthia as a whole, old jpegs you have?

You are Scout Peperic Timarson, an Elf and member of the Ranger Rescue squad, dragging deaders since 374 AV.
Re: Treehouse Updated ... finally 11/21/2003 03:53 PM CST
I mad because my beautiful picture wasn't up there you lazy ass

Da Not So Madd Webba

http://www.legends-end.com/Tourney/LE-DR-FBC.htm
1)Playahata (n) - One who offers truthful constructive criticism that is in opposition to popular opinion or the status quo.
Re: Treehouse Updated ... finally 11/21/2003 03:55 PM CST
It was the one with the speedos and me spread eagle too :o(

Da Not So Madd Webba

http://www.legends-end.com/Tourney/LE-DR-FBC.htm
1)Playahata (n) - One who offers truthful constructive criticism that is in opposition to popular opinion or the status quo.
Re: Treehouse Updated ... finally 11/21/2003 04:01 PM CST
>> It was the one with the speedos and me spread eagle too :o(

On that note, THANK YOU, KRIN!

~Life is a game of chance... it's one long session of flipping a coin. It's not important whether it comes down heads or tails... what matters in the end is that you own the coin!~

-- Kaeson --
Re: Treehouse Updated ... finally 11/21/2003 05:45 PM CST
love the site, krin, and i use it all the time, but some constructive criticism:

change the color or something to that chart page...it's hard as hell to read with that background :)

-Ace
Re: Treehouse Updated ... finally 11/21/2003 07:10 PM CST
Agreed on the chart page. And where is the Dulcipic?

~Dulcinia

"Name a shrub after me ... something prickly, and hard to eradicate."
--Russell Crowe as Captain Jack Aubrey
Re: Treehouse Updated ... finally 11/21/2003 09:39 PM CST
Oh, the horse pic has got to go. Like the rest of em, especially that archery one, but the horses...

Mole

The significant owl hoots in the night.
The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance.
Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not try it at home.
Re: Treehouse Updated ... finally 11/21/2003 10:37 PM CST
<thwaps Webba HARD ... with a frying pan>

That's for the VERY disturbing mental image that will require barrels of alcohol to scrub from my memory. Gah ...

And as for your pic, how many times I gotta tell ya, it never arrived in my email box, if you want it on the site ... send it again. :-P

~~~Krin
Re: Treehouse Updated ... finally 11/21/2003 10:38 PM CST
And, yeah, I looked at that chart shortly after posting it and realized it wasn't as easy to read as it was when I originally constructed it, I am already looking at some font changes to make it a bit easier on the eyes.

~~~Krin
Re: Treehouse Updated ... finally 11/22/2003 05:12 PM CST
<<That's for the VERY disturbing mental image that will require barrels of alcohol to scrub from my memory. Gah ...

Instead of many barrels of alcohol, how about just two barrels from a shotgun to purge your memory? It'll make everyone happy :P

j/k. Great job on the site. Looks good.

-Spirit
Re: Treehouse Updated ... finally 11/27/2003 02:20 PM CST
Oo you even changed the pictures :)

Site looks good Krin, thanks for all the work you put into gathering it all together.

~Akashera

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness; Nothing is so gentle as real strength."
De Sales
Treehouse ... moved 07/07/2004 08:53 PM CDT
Site is now moved ... old site location will no longer work, I deleted all the files so Lucerella would know it's ready for her to take it down, so change your bookmarks now.

http://krinahd.taffeisjournal.com/ or
http://www.taffeisjournal.com/krinahd/

Calc is at:
http://krinahd.taffeisjournal.com/RangerCalc.html or
http://www.taffeisjournal.com/krinahd/RangerCalc.html

~~~Krin
"Call me Snake."
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page