Traing Styles 10/19/2006 11:41 AM CDT
So I've been watching a few threads (clerics and empaths) where they are listing top 10 skills and it got me thinking how cool Rangers are. They had to go out to 15 skills because all the top 10 were almost identical. Then take a look at our top 10 thread last time. With just a top 10, we have over 30 different skills reported. Just wanted to take a little moment to reflect on that. Kudos to our GMs for designing reqs that allow flexibility and giving us tricks, feats, and skills to train in a variety of ways. Kudos also to all those nutso Rangers out there that train in fun and unique ways.

Unique training styles welcome. There's a Ranger Philosophy.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
>Bunnies. I enjoy kick them into the local lake, somewhat near my apartment. The more innocent the bunny looks, the harder I kick. This pleases me greatly to observe them suffer. - Simon
Re: Traing Styles 10/19/2006 02:59 PM CDT
<<Just wanted to take a little moment to reflect on that. Kudos to our GMs for designing reqs that allow flexibility and giving us tricks, feats, and skills to train in a variety of ways.

I think they could still be fixed a bit. We still have the hardest reqs in the game, with the general survival req.

Falker
Re: Traing Styles 10/19/2006 04:05 PM CDT
<<They had to go out to 15 skills because all the top 10 were almost identical.>>

I think the early general survival req really helped with our flexibility and diferentiation. Most guilds were still founded on core reqs, and thus each of them within the guild will be based around the same core skills. We had free reign on our skillset. Although, there are a few core requirements now, but at least you get to choose and have option to change them. And yes, I love that about the Ranger guild...the variety.

~Van