It's a sad day indeed... 09/16/2006 11:48 PM CDT
I found my cane, I just can't seem to figure out how to use it... time will tell if this noob makes any headway, but I am happy to be home.

ZW, SAoE
Re: It's a sad day indeed... 09/17/2006 01:57 PM CDT
How to use a cane:

1)hold cane in hand
2)move ground-side tip of cane one step forward
3)move foot on opposite side of cane one step forward
4)lean on cane
5)move foot on same side as cane one step forward
6)repeat steps 1 through 5 until you reach your destination

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: It's a sad day indeed... 09/17/2006 10:58 PM CDT
Welcome back to the proud cane carrying club. If you need anything, let me know.

Good luck out there, its a whole different world because the more things change, the more they stay the same...

Hawkman

"B. R."
Re: It's a sad day indeed... 09/24/2006 09:04 PM CDT
Actually, I'm right back in the swing of things - 8 deaths already in the first 2 weeks, and I've killed 2 empaths who tried to stop the ridiculously gushing blood coming from my chest.

ZW, SAoE
Re: It's a sad day indeed... 10/14/2006 01:12 AM CDT
Heh.. I died my second day back as well. Same problem as always.. "Oooh- a new trail. Wonder where that goes?"

Zephyria
Re: It's a sad day indeed... 10/14/2006 10:38 AM CDT
Welcome back Zephy! Where are you hunting/dying now that you're back?

~Dulcinia

We don't rent pigs!
Re: It's a sad day indeed... 10/15/2006 08:54 PM CDT
I've just been hanging out near Shard. The wraiths on the trail near the gear gate had big juicy welcome back hugs for me. I did pause a bit as I climbed over the barricade with the big DANGEROUS sign on it. But .. well you know me...

The gryphons on the way to the trail seemed more hospitable, but there just aren't enough of them to keep my blade humming.

Zephy
Re: It's a sad day indeed... 10/16/2006 04:11 AM CDT
>>The gryphons on the way to the trail seemed more hospitable, but there just aren't enough of them to keep my blade humming.<<

Seriously? When 6 got to melee on me, with another 6 in the room besides, I figured it was time to leave. I thought they were created for barbs the way they swarm.

Not so much a tagline as a cry for help.
Re: It's a sad day indeed... 10/16/2006 08:19 AM CDT
Wow, I was just wondering what happened to you the other day, and here you are. Welcome back old timer.

Asterid

All great men are dead, and I am not feeling well.
Re: It's a sad day indeed... 10/16/2006 10:58 AM CDT
Again, it's very good to be back - I'm enjoying it WAAAY too much for my wife's liking, too :P

I've spent the last 3 days swimming trying to get to a point where I don't have to ride these damn boats around Lang/Riverhaven... had an embarassing death the other night when I fell asleep, but some unknown parties dragged meh and raised meh - wish I knew who!

You can find me in Lang/Haven these days, working unyns until I can swim the Jantspyre.

Yeah, I'm old and relatively unskilled these days - I read these posts with people with 400+ lessons in skills and it makes meh cranky.

ZW, SAoE
Re: It's a sad day indeed... 10/16/2006 12:08 PM CDT
I know what you mean. It's kinda a pain to see all the people I used to hang out with suddenly pushing 80 - 100 circles. But I digress, I'm still having fun. It would be nice though if we could finally go from Theren to Leth without having to ride a boat

Gahlron Dragon'Claws
Ranger
~Mors ante dedecum
Nihil ante coffeum~
Re: It's a sad day indeed... 10/16/2006 12:13 PM CDT
<<It would be nice though if we could finally go from Theren to Leth without having to ride a boat

You can, moon mages are your friend :P. I know what you mean though, I hope the segoltha becomes swimmable.

Range Master Dragamar, Recluse of Aesry Sulaenis'a
Brother Urio, Follower of Urrem'tier
Re: It's a sad day indeed... 10/16/2006 12:26 PM CDT
>>I hope the segoltha becomes swimmable.

Meriel said she was working on it. I haven't heard anything about it in months and months though, so I hope it didn't fall by the wayside.

Really would be the best change of the year for me I think. Maybe fixing skinning or scouting, but probably swimming the Selgotha.

-Teeklin

"You take people, you put them on a journey, you give them peril, you find out who they really are. If there's any kind of fiction better than that, I don't know what it is." -Joss Whedon
A Happy Day indeed (was: Re: It's a sad day indeed...) 10/16/2006 01:36 PM CDT
Zephyria! I've missed you, Lady!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: A Happy Day indeed (was: Re: It's a sad day indeed...) 10/17/2006 09:04 AM CDT
It's good to see fondly remembered folks are still about :)

Zephy
Re: A Happy Day indeed (was: Re: It's a sad day indeed...) 10/17/2006 09:17 AM CDT
Welcome back Zephy, it was nice to run into you a couple days ago.

Always nice to see people from "back then" popping into the game again...

Hawkman

"B. R."