Skinning/Arraging 01/15/2020 04:16 AM CST
Can we remove the RT for Skinning and Arranging for Rangers? Skill based? 1 second skins at 200 skill. 1 second Arrange at 400 skill. 0 second skins at 800, 0 second arrange at 1200 skinning.
Re: Skinning/Arraging 01/15/2020 08:28 AM CST

Seconded, but keep going.

HOL + Natural Environment = 0s arrange [all], 1s skin or access to a new verb which does both in 1s RT.
Athleticism + ranks = 0s swimming.
SOTT + ranks = 1s hunts.
SKS + Earth Meld + Natural Environment + ranks = 0s hide and 0s stalk.
WS + foraging = 0s forage, 3s collects.
WoTP + ranks = 1s analyze.

Or, I don't know. Replace most beseeches with an ability which does the same thing, or pets which act like fir familiars in this regard. Rather than making spells easier, they reduce the ranger's RT on various actions. This could be the ranger niche. They do everything faster than other guilds.
Re: Skinning/Arraging 01/15/2020 03:21 PM CST
I particularly like the idea of bringing HUNT rt down with Scouting, down to like 2 seconds at 1500+ ranks, would be a really nice passive perk for the guild. All survival guilds are masters of stealth, Rangers are masters of anti-stealth.
Re: Skinning/Arraging 01/21/2020 11:23 PM CST

I can't go along with the 0 rt on any of it because it is an "action". Though I can agree with the reduced rt based on skill.

I would toss in reduce trail time based on skill for group and solo runs.

Our bonus also still needs some attention. While it is a lot better than it use to be. I'm under the impression that thieves can sit at close to capped out of town as well.

I'd even vote for it to be based on Charisma.
Re: Skinning/Arraging 01/22/2020 03:19 AM CST
Skinning/arrange RT being 0 is not a problem in my mind. You have to kill the creatures. Its a built in limit on the skinning skill.
Re: Skinning/Arraging 01/22/2020 09:23 AM CST
Dunno, if a 0 RT is mechanically possible. I'd be for reducing the arrange/skinning time to a 1 though.

I'd REALLY like to see the time for running the trails reduced by a lot, of course that should depend on your scouting skill. Other than TDP's I see no use of scouting for me right now, as I can run all the trails. (I mean bypassing ferries and such are nice, but other than that its got nothing extra for higher circle rangers.) For younger ranger it's a nice perk.

Anyone else have any ideas for scouting and arranging?

Bluefalcon
Re: Skinning/Arraging 01/22/2020 09:28 AM CST

Thieves have a spell giving 0 RT sneaks in town. I'm sure it's possible for rangers to do something similar. At the very least, a "barrage" type ability doing arrange all + skin in 1 second.
Re: Skinning/Arraging 01/22/2020 09:27 PM CST

Trail time definitely needs a downtweak. Takes me forever to lock running even some of the most difficult trails. I only keep it moving because it plays into sniping and for circling.

Jalika