Re: Ranger Dev Wishlists 12/03/2015 09:18 AM CST

Oops I so read the what you where looking for wrong. More coffee and glasses... But maybe Poison resistance spell or ability maybe Blood of the mongoose. I think this post fits the rules. Maybe?
Re: Ranger Dev Wishlists 12/03/2015 10:27 AM CST
// Poison resistance spell
Would it be better as a spell or an ability or a Beseech (since you mentioned Blood of the Mongoose)?
What would make this Ranger-centric where previously this is a Thief and Empath ability?
Does it scale?
How does it grow?
When should a Ranger gain access to it?
Can it purge all poisons or only specific ones?
How effective is it compared to existing poison purging mechanics?

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Ranger Dev Wishlists 12/03/2015 01:00 PM CST

// Poison resistance spell
Would it be better as a spell or an ability or a Beseech (since you mentioned Blood of the Mongoose)?
I would say spell(ward), but since spells slots are lacking maybe ability

What would make this Ranger-centric where previously this is a Thief and Empath ability?
I don't know how poisons work with thieves, but as far as empaths go it would not be a flush it would resist the poison before hand lessen it's normal strength.
Does it scale?
high cast with a larger chance of complete resistance to shorter duration/less potency
How does it grow?
not sure
When should a Ranger gain access to it? pre-req of spell slot and pre-req spell obtained
Can it purge all poisons or only specific ones?
not a cure but a ward
How effective is it compared to existing poison purging mechanics?
Re: Ranger Dev Wishlists 12/03/2015 01:10 PM CST

considering how many animals are the source of poisons, shouldn't they have been ranger territory to start with? animal lore to a high degree. not sure how poisons are broken down but the natural ones would make sense if the rangers were able to deal with them. Consider how poison critters are a naturally occurring problem in most wooded areas from snakes to exotic lizards and frogs that are poison, Rangers have an great foundation for some defense vs natural poison....