Ranger Register Reset 10/24/2014 04:50 PM CDT

Hello all,

Hey I was just wondering if we could get a quick reset on all of our registers. As much as I like seeing and being reminded of a lot of older rangers from back in the day.
Is it be possible to get a quick reset on our registers for post 3.0 skill sets to determine who is supposed to be sitting where skill wise through out our guild?

The Guild Register reads:

Let it be known, the following Rangers are those that have shown skill in all aspects of the bow:

Name Race

1 Algieon Snurt Halfling
2 Kenjay Caemlyn Human
3 Hanryu Ves'Shomis Kaldar
4 Veela Rainwood Halfling
5 Aourn Ususgisowa Kaldar
6 Yuoree Goose Dwarf
7 Falkonis Rahl Elf
8 Erlo Zanche Kaldar
9 Maelith Razor'wind Elf
10 Rizitel Zydean Elf
11 Ardale Ildemar Elf
12 Rejik DeGilio Prydaen
13 Taljin D'Niore Elf
14 Kartaan Fortheart Elf
15 Foxrhyn Elf
16 Mourvedre Artesa Prydaen
17 Algion Ro'Sky Human
18 Saracus Soulhawk Elf
19 Arturia Human
20 Purnay Endela Kaldar
21 Zalan Seord Kaldar
22 Jalika Tenretni Elf
23 Euph Halfling
24 Zrxa Mxal Human
25 Azurinna Whisperwind Human

Not only have a lot of these people been M.I.A. for years now, but I'm pretty sure the only reason they are sitting in the slots there in is because of there Pre-3.0 ranks such as Composite bow, Short bow, as well as Longbow ranks have all individually been counting toward there total(as opposed to our now combined bow skill), gaining them a unwarranted register slot placement in today's Post 3.0 realms. It has probably been 15 years sense I've ventured over to the boards much less posted about anything, but this has really been bugging me the past few years now. I know for a fact I have surpassed a few of my ole ranked ranger buds skills at this point. And I'm sure a lot of you other hard training Rangers out there would like a fair crack at some of these registers as well!
Re: Ranger Register Reset 11/05/2014 11:31 PM CST
Could also ask for the board requirements to be brought more in line with 3.0 skills.

~Van
Re: Ranger Register Reset 11/20/2014 04:37 AM CST
If you don't like old rangers on there, get more rangers with higher circles to tap the board and knock them off.

Re: Ranger Register Reset 11/20/2014 05:00 AM CST
<<If you don't like old rangers on there, get more rangers with higher circles to tap the board and knock them off.

That is not the issue. Most old boards are set up with 2.0 skills in mind and the way 3.0 skills are have made it nigh impossible (in some cases literally impossible) to actually knock older members off of certain boards.

E.g. I believe one of the ranger boards is the total of your bow skills. In 2.0 that included 3 separate skills (Short Bow, Long Bow, and Composite Bow.) But now in 3.0 there is only the Bow skill. Someone in the old system with 500 in each of the old bow skills would need 1500 in the 3.0 Bow skill in order to surpass on the board. Someone with an average of 584 in all of the bow skills prior to 3.0 would be impossible to actually surpass because of the skill cap, nor would it even be a reasonable endeavor to even come close to being able to do it in 3.0. An unfair comparison at best, an impossible task at worst.

This came up with the Barbarian boards (I think... it might have been another guild) and the boards were reset to give people the possibility of even actually being on the boards at all.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Ranger Register Reset 12/09/2014 05:52 AM CST
I'm kind of a believer that if someone has accomplished a feat, they should leave a memorial of that if they chose to. Some of them were fairly significant members in our guilds growth. However, I do see the problem being run into with the calculation of these feats between 2.0 and 3.0. Maybe there would be a way for them to set up a little auto conversion for those names in particular, and adjust these numbers based on what those people did reach for 3.0 skill calcs. I'm guessing if their characters still exist, then the numbers for them can still be referenced?

~Van
Re: Ranger Register Reset 12/10/2014 04:00 PM CST

Makes sense to me to just keep the old register.

Establish a new 'scroll pinned to a tree' or something like that as a new register.

So you have one with old and one with new. Or just fix the old one like the other guilds got. Is that so much to ask?
Re: Ranger Register Reset 12/10/2014 05:43 PM CST
I think the issue is that some of those characters haven't logged in since 3.0 went live, so the system hasn't fixed or updated their skills. They still technically have things like swimming and climbing and comp bow. I just think they could do a kind of pseudo-conversion for the sake of the consistency of these lists, by using a calculation based on whatever figures they are currently at. They'd be working with 20 people at the max, but more realistically like 5-6. Doesn't really seem like too big of a fix.

~Van
Re: Ranger Register Reset 12/12/2014 09:32 PM CST
The problem is that the registers just read the total number. They dont read the individual skills, so there would be no way to do a conversion.

Falker
Re: Ranger Register Reset 07/26/2017 09:35 PM CDT
Hello all,

Hey I was just wondering if we could get a quick reset on all of our registers. As much as I like seeing and being reminded of a lot of older rangers from back in the day.
Is it be possible to get a quick reset on our registers for post 3.0 skill sets to determine who is supposed to be sitting where skill wise through out our guild?

The Guild Register reads:

Let it be known, the following Rangers are those that have shown skill in all aspects of the bow:

Name Race

1 Algieon Snurt Halfling
2 Kenjay Caemlyn Human
3 Hanryu Ves'Shomis Kaldar
4 Veela Rainwood Halfling
5 Aourn Ususgisowa Kaldar
6 Yuoree Goose Dwarf
7 Falkonis Rahl Elf
8 Erlo Zanche Kaldar
9 Maelith Razor'wind Elf
10 Rizitel Zydean Elf
11 Ardale Ildemar Elf
12 Rejik DeGilio Prydaen
13 Taljin D'Niore Elf
14 Kartaan Fortheart Elf
15 Foxrhyn Elf
16 Mourvedre Artesa Prydaen
17 Algion Ro'Sky Human
18 Saracus Soulhawk Elf
19 Arturia Human
20 Purnay Endela Kaldar
21 Zalan Seord Kaldar
22 Jalika Tenretni Elf
23 Euph Halfling
24 Zrxa Mxal Human
25 Azurinna Whisperwind Human

Not only have a lot of these people been M.I.A. for years now, but I'm pretty sure the only reason they are sitting in the slots there in is because of there Pre-3.0 ranks such as Composite bow, Short bow, as well as Longbow ranks have all individually been counting toward there total(as opposed to our now combined bow skill), gaining them a unwarranted register slot placement in today's Post 3.0 realms. It has probably been 15 years sense I've ventured over to the boards much less posted about anything, but this has really been bugging me the past few years now. I know for a fact I have surpassed a few of my ole ranked ranger buds skills at this point. And I'm sure a lot of you other hard training Rangers out there would like a fair crack at some of these registers as well!

I'm bumping this one up too because it's been bugging me for a long time too. Seems to me a register wipe would solve the issue.
Re: Ranger Register Reset 07/26/2017 10:05 PM CDT
Honestly, I think all the registers need a reset. All guilds are using outdated registers in regard to the 3.0 skill changes. Some guilds don't even have different registers across their guildhalls.

-Master Ndin
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ndin
Re: Ranger Register Reset 08/01/2017 12:04 AM CDT

RESET!!
Re: Ranger Register Reset 08/01/2017 05:32 AM CDT
Dude, give it up. You're not going to get on the register after a reset if you can't today, and the constant whining is annoying.
Re: Ranger Register Reset 08/01/2017 10:51 AM CDT
Dude, give it up. You're not going to get on the register after a reset if you can't today, and the constant whining is annoying.

It's supposed to be annoying. FYI I'm already on the registers, but am being blocked by hold overs. RESET!
Re: Ranger Register Reset 08/01/2017 10:53 AM CDT
>>It's supposed to be annoying.

I sympathize with the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" mindset, but really it just results in posts getting pulled and topics being declared dead horses.

As someone who is also happy to repeatedly bring up topics that I feel need to be addressed in the game, you're not really going about this the proper way.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Ranger Register Reset 08/01/2017 10:57 AM CDT

As someone who is also happy to repeatedly bring up topics that I feel need to be addressed in the game, you're not really going about this the proper way.

I haven't read any protocol anywhere that would instruct me as to which way to go about it.
Re: Ranger Register Reset 08/01/2017 11:09 AM CDT
>>I haven't read any protocol anywhere that would instruct me as to which way to go about it.

"It's supposed to be annoying." is not the way to go about it. Most updates, especially vanity ones like this, are rarely made in a few days unless the stars properly align. If you bring it up every week to "be annoying" about it, it's not going to help your cause.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Ranger Register Reset 08/01/2017 11:19 AM CDT
"It's supposed to be annoying." is not the way to go about it. Most updates, especially vanity ones like this, are rarely made in a few days unless the stars properly align. If you bring it up every week to "be annoying" about it, it's not going to help your cause.

This post is almost 4 years old. Apparently being subtle isn't working.
Re: Ranger Register Reset 08/01/2017 11:55 AM CDT

BTW, I updated the Rangers of Renown page on Elanthipedia except for Aesry, I haven't made it out there yet.
Re: Ranger Register Reset 08/01/2017 12:21 PM CDT
If you use a single > at the start of the line, it will italicize the following text.

On the forums, that is typically used to indicate quotation. Exclusively so. Since these forums lack a normal HTML or 'quote' button, it helps people parse your posts if you adhere to 'forums normal' etiquette.

>This post is almost 4 years old. Apparently being subtle isn't working.

The other seven thousand posts you've made, are not 4 years old.

To the point, the mods already told you to stop. Repeatedly whining about a vanity listing doesn't make the GMs do it any faster. If anything, it makes them less inclined because you're being an obnoxious little 3 year old about it, and they're adults with jobs doing this for fun. Demanding something, and using the 'I will annoy you until you capitulate' method is not going to work.
Re: Ranger Register Reset ::Nudge:: 08/01/2017 02:23 PM CDT
Let's try and post constructively please.

Additionally, I will pass along the idea of a register reset. I cannot promise when or even if it will happen, but the suggestion has been heard.

Thanks,
Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Ranger Register Reset 08/01/2017 07:13 PM CDT
>The other seven thousand posts you've made, are not 4 years old.

You can however choose not to read them. Thanks for the tip. I will continue to squeak, thank you.
Re: Ranger Register Reset ::Nudge:: 08/01/2017 07:14 PM CDT
>Additionally, I will pass along the idea of a register reset. I cannot promise when or even if it will happen, but the suggestion has been heard.

Thank you.
Re: Ranger Register Reset 08/02/2017 02:41 PM CDT
A post was hidden.

This is not a conflict folder. Please address the topic and not each other.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Ranger Register Reset 08/03/2017 10:52 PM CDT
Chiming in from Simucon.

Guild registers were never built with an easy button.

To reset the Ranger ones in particular will require having someone get very familiar with the code that rules them.

Then the code will have to be rewritten or replaced.

Then that will have to go through QC to make sure it hasn't broken other Ranger things, and hasn't broken other skills, and hasn't broken other things that have no apparent relation to Ranger things.

I'm not saying it'll never happen. I'm not even saying it shouldn't happen.

What I'm saying is that it is not at all an easy fix.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff