magic learning 02/14/2019 10:09 PM CST
so i see all of these new skills within the magic skillset. can someone explain how to train most of them? so far all i can get to move past clear is life magic, attunement and target magic.
Re: magic learning 02/14/2019 10:27 PM CST
>>so far all i can get to move past clear is life magic, attunement and target magic.

Targeted Magic and Debilitation are considered combat skills. They are trained relative to the difficulty of the creature you're hunting, much like a weapon.

Augmentation, Utility, and Warding are non-combat, and train based on the difficulty of the spell you are casting. Cast near your personal cap to get it moving, which you can find easily these days with DISCERN. The Chaos Symboiant can be used to artificially make a spell more difficult and thus extend its learning. The harder a spell is to cast, the better it'll teach per point of attunement invested.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: magic learning 02/15/2019 03:12 PM CST
>>so far all i can get to move past clear is life magic, attunement and target magic.

>>Targeted Magic and Debilitation are considered combat skills. They are trained relative to the difficulty of the creature you're hunting, much like a weapon.

>>Augmentation, Utility, and Warding are non-combat, and train based on the difficulty of the spell you are casting. Cast near your personal cap to get it moving, which you can find easily these days with DISCERN. The Chaos Symboiant can be used to artificially make a spell more difficult and thus extend its learning. The harder a spell is to cast, the better it'll teach per point of attunement invested.

thanks Armifer. it turns out that although i was casting these spells i wasnt prepping high enough (i didnt know about discern, this is new thing to me). i now can see these skills moving.
Re: magic learning 02/15/2019 07:19 PM CST

>>thanks Armifer. it turns out that although i was casting these spells i wasnt prepping high enough (i didnt know about discern, this is new thing to me). i now can see these skills moving.

You should also look into the chaos symbiosis more. It's a great mana saver.
Re: magic learning 02/15/2019 09:52 PM CST
>>You should also look into the chaos symbiosis more. It's a great mana saver.

thanks. i'll add it to the long list of things i need to look at.